Fall of Junior Year

Love Letter (러브레터)

Fall of your Junior year

 

It has been a month after school had started.

 

You walked through a door only to reveal a high ceiling room. As you looked around, you could see a bunch of art projects made from years before. You observed the people who were in the class. Since many of the students in the class were still getting there, it didn't take you long. Just then you noticed the teacher. He was tall and somewhat looked like a mess. He was holding all of his books in one hand and his coffee in the other. When he saw you, he hurriedly put his stuff in his small "office" in the classroom and pushed his glasses up. You approached him and told him that you were the new student. He smiled and pulled out his roster.

 

"Jung… Nari?"

 

You nodded.

 

"Oh… since there's no more seats in the normal class, go sit with the advanced students."

 

Your eyes widened. It was bad enough that you're a month behind, you're a junior in a senior class and now you have to sit with advanced people.

 

He showed you where to sit. You looked at the people at your table, they honestly looked nice. You smiled at them and they smiled back. But even though they seemed nice, it still felt like a burden. You could feel your back become numb from staying in the same position from when you sat down earlier.

 

For a few weeks everytime class ended it felt great since you could finally return to your normal self. In that class you couldn't speak since you were so terrified of everyone.

 

But after a while, you started getting to know more people. Once you realized it, you were one of the people who were the loudest in the class.

 

One day, your class had a Christmas party. Everyone was required to bring something to eat and if you didn't, you had to perform in from of the class. Since the guys in table behind you didn't bring food, they needed to sing.

 

As you turned around, you saw how cute they were. You thought to yourself, 'how did I never notice them?' But then you now realized that you've never actually looked behind you.

 

There was this guy in particular. He had reddish brown hair and a cute shy smile. Even before they started to sing 'Jingle Bells' he kept smiling and smacking the other guys.

 

You knew the other one next to him. Im Jaebum. He was voted as the school's hottest guy. But your thoughts went back to the other one.

 

You've seen him around but you've never heard of him. You break out of your thoughts as they start singing cutely. But your eyes only saw the cute senior with red hair.

 

When lunch came, you've had to ask your friends.

 

"Yerin-ah… you know Jaebum sunbae-nim, right?"

 

"Doesn't everyone???" She asked as she stuffs an egg roll in .

 

"Do you know that one guy with the reddish hair that's in his group?" You asked.

 

She raised her finger, "Ah.... Mark. He's known as the shy cutie that everyone also wants to date."

 

"Everyone? Wouldn't the most wanted guy be Jaebum?"

 

"In the voting, Jaebum placed 2% over Mark and 5% over Jinyoung. Ha, their group is very handsome." She replied.

 

You were shocked.

 

"Why?? Do you like him?" She teased.

 

"Huh?" She caught you off guard, "No…"

 

She smiled as you pouted.

 

Yerin kept teasing you until you heard a bunch of screaming men. You hated this time in the month where the younger kids would form a line and make big fools out of themselves due to the seniors’ bad intents. The principal really should have banned this. Or at least took some time to prevent it.

 

This month there was 2 freshmen and 3 sophomores. Quite interestingly, one of the sophomore year boys looked familiar.

 

“Oh? Isn’t that Mark’s younger brother? Joey? I think that is his name..” Yerin pointed at the petite looking boy at the end of the line. He really did look like Mark.

 

The seniors ordered them to take off their shirts and dance for everyone. “I don’t understand this… this is embarrassing. Did they participate? How does this even happen?”

 

“No actually, I think they just get bullied into it.” Yerin cringed when the youngest boy was forced to pour milk all over this body while people stared and the older guys laughed.

 

“Yah, can’t you pick on someone your own size?” A deep voice echoed through the now quite cafeteria.

 

The group of older men turned to see three tall men standing in front of the cafeteria doors. It was the handsome trio..

 

“And who the are you guys??” “Ha it’s the group that think they’re all that because everyone wants to date them!” “HAHA. What the ? You think this is your business?? Go some es in the bathroom, and we’ll do us.” The group of guys start taunting Mark, Jaebum and Jinyoung. But like the cold blooded… handsome and beautifu- *cough*.. tough guys they are, they never once flinched.

 

“YO! KEEP TAKING YOUR SHIRTS OFF IDIOTS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST STANDING THERE? WATCHING? YOU LIKE THIS ??!”

The terrified boys continued to do the embarrassing task when Mark approaches the ‘leader’ eyeing his every move. Grinding his teeth while fixing his hair.

 

“What are you going to do? Huh? Do you want to punc-” and before the guy finished his sentence Mark had already connected his fist with the latter’s left jaw causing him to fall straight down.

 

“Hyung!!! “ Mark’s younger brother rushes towards Mark but is pulled back by his hair. The other senior yanks his tiny head, “AH. Why didn’t we ing notice? It’s his little brother!” The group of guys laugh even louder as their leader gets up from the floor.

 

You stood there watching everything go down; looking for anyone to stop it but everyone just continued to stay silent.

 

“We need to do something... “ You whispered to Yerin.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung approach the guys too, backing up Mark… This was not going to be good.

 

Before it could get worse, you knew you needed to get the principal, the teacher, or anyone to be able to stop this and so you ran out the cafeteria, ignoring the fact that Yerin was calling out to you, warning you that they might make your life hell by telling the adults.

 

Within a minute, the group of boys were separated. Teachers and older adults swarmed the room, pulling Mark off the guy who was yanking Joey’s hair.

 

Something nobody knew was how good those handsome guys were in fighting…

 

You were worried that they was going to get beat up, and so you called the adults… but now it seems like Mark, Jaebum and Jinyoung were the bad ones.

 

‘.’ Now you’ve really ed up.

 

-

 

You shoved a spoonful of rice into your mouth. Just thinking about junior made your stomach twist.

 

“Nari-ah? What’s wrong? You haven’t even eaten your kalbi… ” Jackson poked your cheeks before picking up a piece of meat and feeding it to you, “here.. Ahhhhhh~”

 

You pouted but cutely ate the meat. “It’s nothing oppa, I was just thinking about the guy from the bookstore..” You sadly look down at your barely eaten food.

 

Jackson puts his spoon down before reaching to lift your chin, “Look at me right now… and until we get used to each other, until you only see me... “

 

You smile at him before feeling weird, “Ya oppa.” You shake his hand off, “stop being so weird~”

 

Jackson pouts before picking up his food again, “Nari, you’re the one that’s weird~” He laughs and motions the waiter for the bill.

 

“Are we going now??” You asked a little shocked because you barely ate at all.

 

“We can just take it out. By the way, there’s a party and you’re going with me hehe~”

 

“A party??! But I look so bad...” You refused.

 

“Don’t worry it’s Friday night, don’t feel too pressured. It’s the first party of the year!” Jackson winked at you as he sips his water.

 

‘Aigoo… what do I do… I’m so awkward.’ You thought in your mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oml. I totally forgot to write an author's note. LOL. Hello~ I haven't updated this story in like 2 years but thank goodness I found some of my old ideas and I remembered what chapter 3 is going to be. I just took a long hiatus and I realized that maybe I need to start writing again~ Anyways, did you guys catch the lyrics to 'Look'?? LOL. I just thought it was the perfect chance ~ anyways I hope you like this story, but hey, if you guys suggest stuff, that'd be cool :DD

~ Waffle