Bookstore

Love Letter (러브레터)

As you pushed the wooden door open, a small bell rung. It was honestly breath taking in the bookstore. The big windows let a bunch of light in the room. Instead of having modern lights, it was surrounded with vintage lights that gave the room a glow and let all the natural sunlight do it's job. You could also see the dust particles floating in the air. On the far right corner you could see a grandfather clock that had the biggest hand pointed to 2. You smiled because you thought that it really put a cherry on top of everything.

 

You saw that there was a person working at the counter but honestly, you could do it yourself. So you went towards the 'T' section and started to look for the book.

 

You scanned the whole bottom section but it was no where to be found. Not until you looked up to see it on the top shelf. You frowned.

 

'How the hell am I supposed to get it when it's up there !' You shouted in your thoughts. You then realized that there was a solution to your problem, the person working at the counter.

 

'Maybe he could get it for me!'

 

You walked around the shelf to see that the person working there was no where to be found. "Are you ing kidding me." You blurt out. It echoed and made you cringe. Your foul mouth didn't fit well in the pretty bookstore. You sighed as you walked back over to the shelf.

 

You tried jumping for it for it but the whole shelf wiggled. And you were almost faced with a bunch of books that could have fallen onto you. You were about to complain again until your eyes landed on a ladder. It looked fun… but dangerous.

 

You grinned to yourself as you pulled it over to where you were. "Ok. I just need to get it and be done." You said to yourself as you climbed on it.

 

Now you were face to face with the annoyingly high book. As you were reaching for it, a male voice had coughed. You stopped.

 

"Excuse me miss. You aren't supposed to touch the ladder." You froze even more. That voice. It belonged to someone you never even wanted to remember. You didn't move. But you could see him in your peripheral vision.

 

"Excuse me." He calmly said as he took steps towards you.

 

You were terrified to move but he kept moving.

 

You’ve got to think fast.

 

Then a thought occurred, 'What if I just run out of here?!'

 

'Ok...' You thought as you put your foot down on the step underneath the one you were standing on.

 

'One… two…' Before even thinking of three, you tried to jump down. But your back foot got caught on the next step… and you went tumbling down.

 

"MISS!" You heard him shout.

 

You just wanted to feel the hit of the hard floor so you can jump right back to your feet and limp out the store without facing him.

 

But fate didn’t allow it as he had gotten to you in time. The guy had caught your waist and pulled you into his arms. His warm and strong… *cough* his arms. Your chest had hit his as your hands grabbed onto his shoulders.

 

Your hair fell onto your face as he slowly pulled you away from his body. You dared to look through it all. And you were right.

 

Mark Tuan. Thump.

 

Even though you almost fell off, your feet were still on the ladder. You had all of your weight on him as his hands were still on your waist.

 

"Are you okay?" Mark asked you as he tilted his head so he could get a view of your face.

 

You coughed, "Yeah… thanks."

 

You felt him freeze up. It seemed like a long moment until he helped you down. Your face was red as you brushed hair out of your face. You just wanted to hide in a cave and never come out.

 

But you mean who wouldn't? The guy you had liked back in high school, had saved you. Or more like, the guy who rejected you.

 

You cursed to yourself as you saw him reach for the book you needed.

 

He held it up, "Did you need this book?"

 

You nodded, "Um, yeah…"

 

He turned around to walk to the counter. His tall frame still looked great. His brown hair looked luscious. His god-like face… and his body strength… 'God damn! SNAP OUT OF IT.' You lightly smacked yourself.

 

Before you have even noticed it he was already at the counter. You slightly ran to him and waited on the other side of the counter.

 

Mark watched your every move without looking up. He saw your slightly curly hair move with your body and saw how awkward your hands moved as you looked for your card in your bag.

 

You cutely tucked your hair back behind your ears, not knowing that he was watching. He smiled a bit but when he turned back to you, he had returned to his normal calm face.

 

"That'll be $16.00." He said in his normal voice which made you feel nervous again.

 

You passed him your debit card. You watched him as he swiped it and asked for a pin. You gulped and entered your card pin.

 

His hair covered his eyes as he put your book in a paper bag. You bit your bottom lip.

 

"Thank you… come again." He looked at you but for a split second you saw him smile. Your heart skipped a beat. But you pushed the thought away because Mark would never do that, well at least to you.

 

You watched as he walked through the back door towards the room that they stored the more books and disappeared out of your sight.

 

You looked hard and long at the door for a few seconds but ripped your eyes away from it. He still looked great. But you sadly knew that even until now, he still wouldn't like you back. Because you're you and Mark is way out of your league. The pain you received back in junior year made it's way back in your heart. You smiled. You were really silly.

 

You sighed and walked out of the old bookstore with a sad smile on your face.


 

~~

 

It was now 3 pm and you were still walking around the large campus. You held the paper bag in your arms as you plopped on the bench underneath a large tree. You just wanted to rip all of your hair out. It's the first time you've seen him in a year and a half and you were in the bookstore he was working in, breaking rules.

 

You sighed. You've always made a fool out of yourself in front of Mark. You looked down to see the paper bag and pulled out the book inside of it.

 

You took a long hard look at the book. It looked… different.

You then realized that Mark had picked up the wrong one and you were too distracted to actually look at the book and confirm it.

 

"Oh… my… god." You panicked as a bunch of vulgar words came out of your mouth, "I ing picked up the wrong book!" You threw the book on the seat next to you and gave up trying not to pull your hair. You tugged and tugged while constantly slapping yourself.

 

You stopped after a while as you saw people looking at you weirdly as they passed by. You gave them a frown and they scurried away.

 

You had to go back in there to get the right book. You sighed for the millionth time this day as you picked up your stuff to go back.

 

Then as you were about to take a step forward, you noticed something or someone blocking your way. You looked up to see Jackson smiling at you.

 

"Hi Jackson oppa~" you tried to seem happy. But you failed as he noticed and frowned at you.

 

"What's wrong Nari?" He seriously asked. You flinched as it was the first time you've heard his serious voice, other than in class when he speaks to the teacher.

 

"I met this guy…" you started off.

 

"Who? Is he trying to date you?" He asked somewhat upset.

 

You pouted as you remembered, "Nope. Actually the opposite of it. Anyways, I need to go back to the bookstore to where my old crush now works."

 

"Oh… did he reject you?" He asked.

 

You nodded and smiled sadly, "Why don't you come with me, oppa?"

 

He took your hand, "Yeah sure… why not?"

 

As you two entered the bookstore, you saw that it wasn't Mark who worked there anymore and it was this really unattractive dude who was unconsciously picking his nose.

 

Jackson looked at you and stopped the urge to start laughing, "THIS guy??" He whispered quite loudly.

 

"No. Oh my god. Jackson oppa. Stop it." You complained.

 

"But did this guy reject you?" He asked again.

 

"I already said no… maybe his shift is over…" you whispered.

 

You walked over as Jackson snickered from behind.

 

"Um… I bought the wrong book, could I get a refund?" You asked.

 

"Why sure you can." The worker said to you like he hated his job. You scowled at him.

 

You looked at Jackson and he was tearing up. This was too funny for him.

 

"What book is it?" He asked with sass.

 

You said the title of the autobiography and he went to get it.

 

Once you guys were out of the bookstore, Jackson laughed his off.

 

"Oppa. I don't know what's still funny." You watched him as he fell onto the grass.

 

He stopped laughing and propped himself up with his elbow, "I thought that you got hurt over him. I was laughing because I was an idiot to think that and he was really rude to the point that it was hilarious." He started to crack up again.

 

You kind of blushed. What did Jackson mean?

 

You pushed the thought away as you lightly kicked him, "Why don't we just get something to eat?"


He grinned as he stood up and grabbed your hand.

 

 

Hello~

Thank you for subscribing, it really means a lot to me~

In this chapter you make a complete fool out of yourself in front of good looking Mark... but at least you got a princess moment with him..somewhat ^^"

Also, manly cutie Jackson wants you to know something.. but you're oblivious to that fact.....

Anyways, thanks for reading this... I know it's not much but please bear with me~ :-))

-Waffle