Superman

Song of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost  three in the morning when Jongin arrived at the Kim’s house and to say that he was quite surprised that the lights at the living room is on was an understatement. Although the Kim’s house is big, it almost never felt like a home to the boy. His parents were usually busy with their work; his mom is a doctor, a pediatrician to be specific and his dad is an architect who always, if not most of the time spends his time at his office. His brother Jongwoo, on the other hand is at Singapore doing god knows what. Because seriously he’s been there for almost 8 years already (visiting Seoul every Christmas) ‘studying’ he says. They have a very good relationship as brothers and even though they don’t see each other that much they keep in touch giving each other calls every now and then especially the older. 

So when Jongin saw his brother sitting on the couch watching the rerun episode of Game of Thrones, he throws himself to the older and hugs him tight.

“Hyung!!!!!” Jongin almost screamed because of the excitement that he feels.

“Jongin stop it. You’re so gay!” his brother said jokingly patting his brother’s back

“What’s with the sudden visit? I thought you said you won’t be back til the end of November?”

“Well, I just thought something happened. You weren’t picking up my calls which is very unusual and mom said something happened between you and Sohyun?”

“Mom can’t shut up about us, can she? She knows everything between me and Sohyun but when I slept at the street when I got drunk she didn’t even bother ask why I looked like the morning I got home. Jongin recalls that one time shaking his head smiling at the stupid memory.

“Maybe, because she’s used to it?”

“Hyung!”

“Kidding.” He smiles at Jongin, a smile that gives Jongin warmth.

“Hyung I’m sleepy and tired. You wouldn’t mind me sleeping now, would you? I know you’re tired too.”

“Yeah sure. We still have plenty of time. Good night Nini” Jongin grabs the throw pillow at the couch beside him threatening to throw at his Hyung.

“Stop calling me that! I’m a grown up now!”

Jongwoo just laughed giving Jongin one last hug before heading to his room.

 

~

It’s a quarter before 9 when Jongin woke up by the sunrays that pass through his window. Must be nice weather today he thinks. He was dragging himself to his bathroom getting ready for the day when his phone rang. His heart skips a beat. Could it be Sohyun? Smirking, he grabs his phone on the study table (that is never really a ‘study’ table for him) and answers the call.

“Hi Babe, good morning. I know you missed me but I missed you too.” He chuckles. He was flirting but he meant it anyway. He misses his ex girlfriend.

“Jesus Christ can you look first who’s calling you before answering it. God Jongin you made me shiver. Ugh.”

Jongin takes away his phone from his ear and checks the caller ID.

Baekhyun Hyung

The boy laughs at himself. Of course, why would Sohyun call her, they’re completely done, right?

“I’m sorry I just woke up Hyung, why did you call?”

“Ok fine! Well, I just want to remind you about your plans of meeting Kyungsoo for your Win-Sohyun-Back project. He is asking me if you still want to go because he’s going crazy and he’d be happy if you could just leave his life and let him live in peace? What can you say?”

“He is really crazy. Huh. Tell him no, I am not cancelling my plans and he will help me until Sohyun and I get together again.”

He hears Baekhyun heaves a sigh from the other line. Jongin knows that the two are pretty close from what he had seen last night at The Box. He was not too oblivious to notice that Baekhyun, despite teasing Kyungsoo was worried about his friend.

 “Don’t worry, once everything is done I will leave him alone.”

“Good.”

Jongin ends the phone call and lies down on his bed again. He is meeting this short superman dude again later and as much as he wants them to work in peace, he doesn’t know if that is possible. From the very first time they met, they never talked without shouting and arguing. It’s pretty irritating but still, Jongin found it amusing whenever the superman dude is fuming with anger; his ears turning red and his thick eyebrows creasing as if they are talking by themselves saying Off to Jongin. Jongin also never misses the other’s cute mouth whenever he curses at Jongin.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter