The Meeting

A Midsummer Night's Dream

~~~

I stood frozen as a figure appeared in front of me only a few feet away. I wanted to look up at him, but the bewitching brightness from the autumn sun from behind him made it difficult to do so. A little glance of the light had already began blinding my eyes turning everything around us into colorful blurs of red, orange and blue. The moment seem to slow down as the melodic twist of the carnival's music and children's laughter hauntingly enter my mind as we stood there. The silence between us was loud and secretive.

I closed my eyes to recover from the blinding light when suddenly the salty, crisp smell of the corn dogs and churros from the food court near by was washed away from my senses. I felt the figure lean in, his cool summer scent caressing me all over. His aura strong, clean and familiar. Without opening my eyes, I could still feel him leaning in closer and closer each second. Soon he was close enough so that I could feel his hot breath tickling my ear, sending chills down my spine.  

"What's wrong?" he finally spoke breaking the silence and waking me up from a hazy thought. His voice soft and smooth as honey. I quickly opened my eyes and backed up away from him. This time I could see him clearer. He was grinning, his eye smile beautifully curved and his white, align teeth showed behind his pink baby lips.

"Ahh," I started off, embarrassed. "Well, I should be asking you that," I began again stuttering here and there. "Why did you suddenly appear in front of me?" The ice cream I was holding for the past long minutes had started to melt, mixing the two colors a playful pink and blue.

"I came to tell you that your shoes were untied, but you looked afraid as if I was going to eat you," he said jokingly, his eyes appearing thinner than before as he laughed. Then without hesitation he kneeled down and tied my weary, grey converse highs.

"I'm Park Jimin," the boy said as he stood up and held out a hand, still smiling like before. My heart was happy to greet him, so unknowingly I held out my free hand to meet his. But my mind was skeptical of my heart's emotion. Although, confused between the two feelings I was able to break out a smile and continue the greeting in a normal flow.

"Long time no see" he finally said. At the very moment these words ran into my mind, my heart began racing.

Long time no see?, I thought to myself. My mind was spinning, but empty and blank. The time seemed to slow down again. The sounds in the distance was blurred away as if something had been covering my ears. Movements of people running around us became fuzzy and everything felt daydream-y. I hardly had any time to think, any time to ask questions. Jimin suddenly grabbed my hand and off into the orange - pink sunset, towards the exciting Ferris wheel he lured me.  

The alive world around me was still rotating in colorful hues of purple, orange and yellow. The only thing that still kept me in reality was his hands, still gripping tight onto my wrist as if he'll never let go, giving off a powerful sensation. Even from behind he gave off an alluring touch to the atmosphere surrounding us.

The cool and warm wind in our faces made everything more special. More magnificent. More nostalgic. More like Deja Vu...



To be continued...