Scenario 3

J is for Jungkook
 
 
❸:Mail
 
My name is Jungkook. 
 
And for the past week I've had a tremendously busy schedule consisting of books to finish and notes to learn, facts to memorise and whatnot. When a prestigious boarding school like the Korean International Institute for Boys is ranked first among the country, you know they're serious. 
 
That means no fun, no play and no foolishness. It's a phrontistery like every other, just stricter to the point and a hell lot harder to pass.
 
I've only had a few days exposure of the difficult life of a boarding schooler, but I'm beginning to feel queasy about everything already...
 
Laid in bed with my fingers crossed together beneath my head, I stared at the blankness of the room. 
 
It was utterly dark, save for the glow of the moonlight which peeped through the half-drawn curtains, and the only thing I could hear were the sounds of my deep, tranquil breaths. 
 
The air was thin, the dorm was quiet. 
 
I was the only one in the room. 
 
My mind was fogged with confusion and frustration and I should've fallen asleep a long time ago; yet my eyes were still wide open and my brain was trying to cope with all the new information. 
 
Though I've barely started here, I must've raced through at least half a month's worth of extra curriculum work due to my later submission to the school. I was already exhausted by the first week and I hope that I'd just get used to the pressure in the end albeit I'll go crazy. 
 
It's kind of lonely when you start over from scratch, and considering the high proximity and expectations you have to meet in this school, I guess I had no room for making friends. 
 
And apart from the principal whom I met with on the very first day, and perhaps a few good teachers, I haven't really gotten to know anyone yet, either. 
 
Then again, I couldn't care less about anyone here let alone open up to them and make friends. 
 
Having been distracted by all these thoughts, I felt startled when all of a sudden there were loud banging by the door. I jolted up from my laying position and sat up straight in my bed, eyes growing wider despite the darkness that filled the room. It was just so sudden and unexpected, that I felt more shaken than anything else.
 
Who would be roaming around the dormitory halls this late of the night? Could it be that weird guy Park Jimin who slept across the room from me and always smiled as if his face was that way permanently? 
 
Maybe those troublesome 'maniacs' who had nothing better to do than to cause a nuisance at night. An angry teacher, perhaps? A student who's so drunk that he forgot where he lived? 
 
Maybe it were the haunted spirits of the ungraduated.
 
Or, maybe, it was just Jimin. 
 
…Well, even if it were Jimin, chances are he'd have the keys to open it for himself.
 
Right?
 
So with that in mind, I flopped back into bed and focused on sleeping…
 
But once again, the knocking reoccurred. And it was just as annoying than before. 
 
"The hell..?" I tiredly grunted in a bad mood, grudgingly walking towards the door. 
 
Once I unlocked it from the inside and thrashed the door open, I was more than annoyed to find a stranger in full school uniform standing with a plain expression on his face like he was still looking at a door.  
 
"Seriously?" I begged to question with a tired voice, eyebrows furrowing, "it's almost midnight, if you couldn't tell."
 
"Student Park Jimin?" The unknown boy blatantly ignored my comment and asked. 
 
Knowing that I wouldn't get anywhere with arguing, I sleepily nodded and yawned as I leaned against the doorframe. 
 
"Well, this mail is for him" he announced handing a small parcel in which I accepted without further word. He ticked something off his list, then stared back at me with piercing observant eyes. 
 
"You're new, right? Never seen your fetching face around here before..."
 
"Yeah, goodnight" I quickly wrapped up the little conversation, although I felt a tad bit impolite, and turned back towards the room. 
 
Wait what did he just call me.?
 
"So you must be the cute Jeon Jungkook I've heard of" he said. 
 
His words caused me to whip around again, only in confusion. I don't know why but it made me feel slightly angry that a stranger knew my name —and where I live, now.
 
The boy tried looking over my shoulders, as if he could see anything in the room besides the darkness, but I directly shifted my position to block his view. 
 
How unpleasantly rude. 
 
"You're way prettier than what I've been hearing on campus" he slyly remarked with a smirk that made me dislike him even more. 
 
I just wanted to slam the door in his face. 
 
"You know, you remind of this guy who once got himself broken fingers for keeping his hands in my doorway for too long" I simply stated. 
 
His ugly smirk dropped within an instant as I quickly disappeared into the dorm room before he could further say anything.
 
Finding the light switch, I sighed as I remembered the miniature box in my hands. It was a palm-sized parcel, smaller than average, with scribbly handwriting and a stamp horribly misaligned with the straight edges. 
 
I also noted that it was really lightweight.
 
In fact, it probably weighed nothing at all. 
 
I knew it was none of my business but I ended up shaking it slowly... then rattled it close to my ear only to hear nothing inside.
 
Like it contained just air. 
 
I looked at the petite box again and sighed recalling how late it was getting. That delivery/student/idiot wasted enough of my time already. 
 
Just then, a jingling of keys reached my ears and my eyes grew wider, knowing for a fact that it was definitely my roommate this time. 
 
His bed or his desk were too far away to reach in time to place it there, and I felt frozen on the spot; hesitating on what to do with the freakin box I held so damn tightly. 
 
I'm pretty sure I might even squish the thing before it gets to its owner. 
 
Running out of choices, and avoiding the awkwardness of up-fronting him in the middle of the night, my legs sprinted towards the bathroom just milliseconds before I was potentially spotted. 
 
…And with the box still in my palms.
 
 
A/N: I'm really bad at keeping up with updating, so sorry about that. And this scenario was also kinda boring but I wanted to write something from Jungkook's POV..(>人<;)
anyways and thank you for reading! Please do subscribe and upvote as well!