Chapter 1

Locked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Blade Moons’ wives were all caught, thrown in prison and sentenced to life imprisonment. Unfair, they might claim, but in this screwed society where women were discriminated upon, it was only right for them to take the blame for their husbands’ wrongdoings.

 

Life imprisonment for them, as they were immortals for that matter. Living forever is one thing, but falling in love was another. It didn’t take long before the wives realised the direction their hearts swing to. They weren’t exactly in love with their husbands whom they were forced to marry.

 

The Blade Moons’ were a group of assassins consisting of nine members. Each of them had special powers, and they were plotting against the ruling government. They led normal lives in the day, and by night they were in their assassin uniforms, ready to strike anytime. It wasn’t until a failure in one of the missions that they had to escape – and accidentally leave a trace of their identities.

 

The authorities eventually caught onto things, and their wives were the ones who suffered. Kim Taeyeon, Jung Jessica, Lee Sunny, Hwang Tiffany, Kim Hyoyeon, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona and Seohyun were sentenced, and spent their time in prison.

 

50 years down the road, as the mortal prison guards had passed away, a new generation took over. Their criminal records, the twisted and illogical ones, were erased and rewritten, thanks to Taeyeon’s success in convincing the (not so) upright highest ranking prison guard, Shin Jimin. They were now individuals who committed random crimes that the new prison guards accepted despite not knowing the reason behind their heavy sentence to life imprisonment.

 

They had married each other as well, Taeyeon to Tiffany, Jessica to Yuri, Sunny to Sooyoung and Yoona to Seohyun. Hyoyeon, of course, decided to enjoy her single life.

 

10 years later, they were all moved to another building in the women’s prison. It was still under high security, except for the fact that they had children. The Aero Blue Building was for mothers of the children born in detention, and somehow Hyoyeon, who had no children, was transferred over as well.

 

Sunny’s first child, Chorong came first, and there was a long wait before the next few children came along. Strangely however, two years later, another child was born but none of her parents were around. The little baby had round eyes, and stared at Chorong innocently when the two year old crawled over to her.

 

They had no idea whose child that was but she was there, under the care of the prison guards and occasionally baby Chorong. They didn’t hold much thought to it however, they felt that she might have a parent collecting her soon.

 

The couples and Hyoyeon later realised that they were wrong. She was given a name, and left there for years. Over the years, more adorable babies were made.  Taeyeon and Tiffany had an eye-smiling baby, Hwang Eunji, Yuri and Jessica had a weirdly long baby Kwon Hayoung, Sooyoung and Sunny welcomed their second born, Choi Namjoo, and Yoona and Seohyun had the pale beautiful baby Im Naeun.

 

The little baby, or the abandoned baby as labelled by the prison guards, was Yoon Bomi. She had been brought up separately from the rest of the children since she was parentless, but nonetheless was kept in the same building as them.

 

-#-#-#-#-

 

“Mummy, what does a baby born in detention mean?” Twelve year old Chorong asked her mother.

 

Sunny was washing some clothes when she heard her first born pop the question to Sooyoung.

 

“Chorong, go get some ice cream for you and your cousins, we’ll talk about next time” Sunny handed over some prison tokens to Chorong and patted her back. The twelve year old nodded and hopped away, happy to be able to get ice cream.

 

Prison tokens were given to prisoners for every job they did. It was like the currency in prison, and having lived in the prison for almost all their lives, they had a huge amount of tokens to spare. They were practically the richest family in the prison, along with their fellow immortals.

 

Taeyeon stopped by the convenience store to see Chorong happily choosing five ice creams for her cousins. Despite the lifelong sentence to serve, the immortals were actually happy to be living in there. It was like a mini state in there, with stores set up just like a city. And because they were in the Aero Blue Building, only female inmates were allowed there, leaving no way for them to be discriminated upon as females. The only males there were the boys of their fellow inmates, and the children leave the prison when their mothers are done serving their sentence.  

 

“Hi Aunt TaeTae!” Chorong greeted and smiled brightly at her Aunt. “Do you know where Eunji and the rest are?”

 

“Mhmmm” Taeyeon nodded, “The play area straight ahead!” She pointed out.

 

Chorong approached her cousins and her younger sister, who were playing a game of catch.

 

“Ice cream!!” She announced, which made the children turn to look at their ‘gang leader’.

 

Eunji ran over at lightning speed, followed by Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung.

 

“YAY” Namjoo jumped in joy as she tore the wrapper of the chocolate ice cream. Chorong chuckled at her sister’s reaction to food and patted Namjoo’s head. The kids were enjoying their ice cream when a ear-piercing scream could be heard.

 

Chorong turned her head to see Naeun’s ice cream on the floor, and the prison’s bully, Taemin laughing out loud as he pushed Naeun onto the ground. Ten year old Taemin was a troublemaker, but ten year old Eunji was Naeun’s bodyguard.

 

Eunji didn’t care if his name was Taemin or Teamin, or did he own the flower tea shop beside the convenience store, as long as he bullied Naeun she wasn’t going to let him go. In one swift move, the stick thin boy was on the floor, clutching his face and crying when he realised his nose was bleeding. Yes, Eunji had punched him right in the face.

 

Chorong knew this was going to escalate if she didn’t stop Eunji, so as the oldest of the cousins she held Eunji back, and signaled for Namjoo to help Naeun up. “Leave,” Chorong pulled Taemin up. The stick thin boy instead cried even louder, and successfully got the attention of the head prison guard, Shin Jimin.

 

She stood before the two children. “What happened here?” She looked at Taemin and the boy pointed at Chorong.

 

“Sh-She punched me!”

 

Jimin raised an eyebrow at Chorong. Jimin could see the fear in Chorong’s eyes as the twelve year old looked away. “Do you have anything to say, Chorong?”

 

Chorong shook her head. She knew the punishment for punching someone was harsh and didn’t want Eunji to get into trouble. “No, Ma’am.”

 

Jimin didn’t have anything more to say except to send Taemin to the medics and drag Chorong away. “Unnie!” Namjoo yelled and let go of Naeun, and chased after Jimin and Chorong.

 

-#-#-#-#-

 

“Kneel down. You know what to do” Jimin instructed and Chorong did as said. Raising her arms above her head, she bowed her head.

 

“5 hours, don’t let me catch you falling asleep” Jimin harshly told Chorong and the girl nodded.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter