Sacrifice

A Lamb Among Wolves

The room was cold. The sheets felt rough against her bare skin. She let out a sigh and leaned her head back, hoping her neck and shoulders would follow but they remained tense. The lights were blinding and buzzing. She felt her eyes close and waited as the knot in her stomach pulsated through her limbs. 

Until the last person on earth she ever dreaded to walk through the door appeared. 

If there was any colour left in Bom's face then it was all drained out now as the figure loomed in the doorway. Her voice was gone. She tried to utter something but nothing was heard as she felt her body tremble. 

His eyes were like steel as he looked her over. Red, swollen eyes, gaunt cheeks, and chapped lips. He glanced at her fingers - her nails were without their usual jewels or colour and burrowed down to the tip. A ribbon of pity ran through him before he shoved it aside as he could feel his temper simmering beneath the surface.

"Did you really think you can hide from me? Were you not even thinking? Or how stupid do you truly think I am? " He paused briefly before she could answer, but not that she wanted to anyway. "Tell me, Bom, what the hell do you think you're doing?" 

felt dry as a desert but she instinctively swallowed hard. A small voice escaped. 
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just wanted to hide this... I didn't think anyone would know." 

"You think I don't know?" he challenged? "I know everything, Bom."

A sob broke through at the finality of his words. "I didn't want anyone to get hurt." she whispered.  Tears escaped from her eyes as she closed them, trying to will this moment away. 

A minute passed and all that was heard were Bom's muffled cries as her body shook. 

"Get your stuff. We're leaving." 

Bom looked up at him with confusion plastered on her face. 

"You don't really want to do this, do you." She looked away briefly before wiping a cheek with her hand. She shook her head. 

"You'll do anything?" "Anything." she firmly repeated back to him. He pulled out his phone and dialled a number and barked out, "Accept the terms." and hung up. 

"Good. Now get up." She obediently started to gather her things. "I'm sending Chaerin to the States. Minji will follow suit and Sandara is going back to the Philippines."

Bom silently prayed the girls wouldn't hate her for this decision.  As if he read her mind, he told her "They could never hate you for this. It will take time but they'll understand. They always do." She felt reassured of the trust and respect the girls had for each other. 

"Bom, does he know?" She paused at the question and shook her head with her eyes glued to the floor." 

"Keep it that way. I need his full attention for this comeback," he eyed her torso, "and we already know how much of a distraction you can be." he drawled as his eyes narrowed into slits and traveled back to her face. 

"I can't say anything?" 

"He is absolutely forbidden to know about this." She couldn't help but let the hurt show on her face. "Ever...?!" she exclaimed. He readjusted his cap before letting out a big sigh. "Bom, as much as I treat you all like my own children, I still have a business to run and the last time I checked, he signed a contract with me and I will do what it takes to get what is owed to me." She immediately felt tiny and wanted to disappear. "And you and I both know this child will be the premature death of not only his career but the others as well. He must absolutely not know about this until I say it's time. Until he's ready." She could feel her insides twist as she listened to him. "I need you to keep your distance..." Fresh tears threatened to escape. "I need you to cut ties with him again." Her emotions spilled out as she stood there stifling her gasps for air. Her body crumpled over as she felt a life inside her breathe, while hers ended. 

They left the hospital undetected. 

---

As they drove, she asked him how this was going to work. 

He breathed deeply as he stared out at the long road ahead of them. "I cut a deal. You'll hate it but it's the only way out. Be prepared for the headlines tomorrow." 

--- 

PARK BOM DRUG SCANDAL

2NE1'S PARK BOM TO STEP DOWN FROM TV SHOW 'ROOMMATE'

PARK BOM ALLEGED TO HAVE SMUGGLED DRUGS IN 2010

---

2:07 AM

This email summarizes the deal points as agreed upon at 1:32 AM on XX/XX/2014. A long form contract will follow. 

1. The investigation and subsequent sentencing of Government Official ----- will herein be covered up by the drug scandal of Park Bom, as referenced in File No. 836, XX/XX/2010.

2. The term will see through the pregnancy and birth of the child of Park Bom and Choi Seunghyun. 

2. Park Bom will halt all activities and remain out of the public eye for the duration of the term. 

3. Organization will provide means to further conceal Park Bom. 

4. X,XXX,XXX,XXX won will be transferred to your account at midnight. 

Dispatch, and all relevant news and rumour sources will be alerted at 4:00 AM. 

Thank you for your business. 

--- --- ---

Thank you for reading my story! I like to think Bom's overly extended silence is because she's actually having a kid. I know, i know... Crazy, right? But not SO crazy if it's TOP's kid haha! I mean honestly who goes radio silent like that and for so long?! Especially when most people are clearly missing her each day she's hidden away on this imposed silence :( 

Anyway, this whole scandal business, and I don't mean that lightly, is something that has always fascinated me. The media is incredibly manipulative and who's to say there isn't an orchestrated body handling all these well-timed idol scandals vs. real news scandals? Those are my thoughts and mainly what lead me to write this! I hope you enjoyed the read and thanks again for stopping by! On another note, I know I seriously at updating my other stories, so I truly apologize for my iness >_<