Chapter 04

Flawed Perfection

Chapter 4

 

 

A few minutes later, the teacher walked into class and called for attention causing all the student’s whispering and gossiping to die down. Jimin looked over her shoulder curiously to notice that the new guy had woken up and was now looking out the window, bored.

The teacher looked at his roll, then announced. “It looks like we have a new student today, class. Jo Kwangmin-ssi, please introduce yourself.”

The new student stood up and let his gaze roam over the students, all of whom were eyeing him with interest. “My name is Jo Kwangmin. I transferred to Starship Academy from JYP.”

Jimin blinked. ‘JYP,’ she mused to herself. JYP was a really renowned school, though Starship wasn’t any less prestigious. ‘He must be pretty well off if he went to JYP,’ she deduced.

“Alright, thank you Kwangmin-ssi. Let’s begin class now. Everyone, attention up front please,” the teacher continued.

The students focused on the lesson however, every once in a while, Jimin would hear people whispering about the new transferee from JYP.

‘Jo Kwangmin,’ she tried his name out. It seemed to suit him and his mysterious image.

 

The bell signalling the start of lunch break went off around noon. Before anyone could even move out of their seat, Jo Kwangmin was striding out of the classroom, not giving anyone a chance to even approach him.

Sohee leaned over and whispered, “Isn’t that Jo Kwangmin something?”

“W-What?” Jimin gave her a startled look.

“Oh come on, you know what I’m talking about. The whole bad boy thing he’s got going on with his mysterious personality and leather jacket? It’s hot,” she grinned.

Minwoo frowned from his seat as he overheard the two girls’ conversation. He suppressed the odd emotion gnawing away at him and gave Sohee a look.

“I guess I should have expected you to fall for a convict,” he joked.

Sohee stuck her tongue out at him. “Excuse me, what do you know about my tastes?”

The two ensured into another one of their arguments and Jimin simply watched from the sidelines, a half-smile on her face.

 

Jo Kwangmin didn’t turn up for the second half of the classes. Jimin thought he had left school early, which is why she was surprised when he spotted him in the school courtyard after classes had ended. She was waiting for Donghyun so the two could walk home together when she spotted the new student.

He the black motorbike then revved the engine and pulled his helmet on.

Jimin frowned deeply. It was only his first day at Starship Academy and the boy was already breaking nearly half a dozen rules. She was broken out of her reverie when Kwangmin suddenly looked up and right at her.

Jimin jumped, not having expected it and tried to look like she wasn't actually staring right at him but she realized her attempts at looking nonchalant had failed when Jo Kwangmin smirked at her.

She flushed red when he suddenly winked at her then pulled the visor of his helmet down and sped off. She remained frozen to the spot till someone placed a hand on her shoulder.

She gasped and spun around, one hand clutching at her racing heart. Donghyun gave her a weird look. “Are you okay?”

Jimin nodded stiffly. Her heart still racing and cheeks still aflame. Her embarrassment at being caught staring at the new student by the new student himself, as well as the sudden scare by her brother had nearly given her a heart attack.

“Well, let’s go then,” Donghyun chuckled, wrapping one arm around his sister’s shoulders and beginning to lead her away, completely oblivious to what had transpired just moments earlier.


Hi :) Sorry I haven't updated this in a while; uni's been keeping me busy. I managed to post this today but it was mostly because I had to find some excuse to delay studying for my exam :P Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter. Leave me a comment and please do subscribe :)