Chapter 03

Flawed Perfection

Thank you so much to feefaifoefangirl for the comment and sub. Hope you enjoy this chapter :)


Donghyun stretched his limbs, groaning as his sore muscles protested the movement. Hyunseong chuckled, watching the uncomfortable expression on his friend’s face.

“The coach really killed us today,” Donghyun complained, pulling his soccer uniform shirt at the neckline to cool down his body. It was late summer but all the extensive exercise he’d done that morning had left him drenched in sweat.

“I told you that man was a slave driver,” Hyunseong chuckled, stretching out on the school bench, lazily.

Donghyun chuckled, “It’s only because the regionals are coming up and he really wants Starship Academy to win. I admire his passion, to be honest.”

Hyunseong nodded, “I guess that’s true, but he’s still being really harsh on you guys.”

Donghyun shrugged. Soccer was a hobby to him, not something he wanted to do professionally but he could still empathize with his coach and was determined to win the regional champion title.

The two friends relaxed in the school courtyard. There was another half hour before classes would officially begin and the two boys decided to spend the time in the peaceful courtyard instead of the noisy classroom.

The peace and quiet was broken by what sounded a lot like a bike engine. Donghyun cocked his eyebrow in confusion as the hum of the engine grew steadily louder.

A minute later, a sleek black motorbike pulled up a few feet away from where the two were seated. Donghyun watched with curiosity as a teen boy, dressed in Starship Academy’s uniform but with a leather jacket on instead of the school blazer, got off the bike. He turned the engine off and took off his helmet, revealing a handsome face with black hair and a careless expression.

The few people who were in the courtyard that morning gawked at the flashy bike the guy had rode in on.

Donghyun frowned. One look at this new guy and he could already tell he’d be nothing but trouble.

“Is this guy new? I’ve never seen him before,” Hyunseong mused from beside him.

Donghyun continued to watch the boy as he parked his bike, then casually walked into the school building, his hands stuffed in his pockets and his gait slow and languid.

Once the mysterious guy was gone, Donghyun turned back to Hyunseong with a grimace. “Whoever he is, I can tell he’s bad news.”

Hyunseong nodded in agreement. “He looked about Jimin’s age. Maybe you could ask her about a new student in her year later.”

Donghyun shook his head with a frown. “If he is in Jimin’s year, I’d rather she not interact with him at all. He’s exactly the type of guy I never want my sister to be involved with,” he muttered.

 

“What? I got a C?” Minwoo gaped at his test results.

Jimin gave him an encouraging look from her seat in front of his. “It’s okay, Minwoo, you could always try harder next time.”

“Are you crazy? I thought I’d fail this test,” he confessed.

Sohee rolled her eyes, “The only reason you passed is because Jimin and I helped you cram for the test.”

“Yeah Minwoo, you should really start paying more attention to academics,” Jimin pointed out.

“I will, I will,” Minwoo assured the two. “There’s just this one underground dance battle in two weeks that I need to win. After that, I’m all for studying.”

Jimin and Sohee shared unconvinced looks but before either of them could call the boy out on his bluff, the door to the classroom swung open catching all the occupants attention.

A boy walked in casually, his hands stuffed in his pockets and a pair of headphones on. Whispers immediately spread around the classroom, multiple voices gushing about the new student’s lack of proper attire and handsome face.

Jimin heard someone say something about a bike but couldn’t make out the exact words. She gave the new guy a once over, frowning is distaste as she spotted his leather jacket. His blatant violation of school rules irked her, yet at the same time she couldn’t help but wonder about this mysterious new student.

She nearly gasped when the boy looked up and straight at her. She held her breath as he started walking towards her and only relaxed when he walked past her and to the back of the room, where he took a seat and promptly fell asleep, ignoring all the gossip going around.

Jimin gave him a curious look but turned back to Sohee and Minwoo to continue their previous conversation. Every few seconds though, she’d catch herself eyeing the boy asleep in the back of the class.


Soooo, Kwangmin is here, finally :P He didn't get an official introduction though, but no worries, more of that coming up in the next chapter ^_^ So please, subscribe, comment and up-vote. This story needs love ._.