Day 1

Nuggets and Pizza Boxes

It was late afternoon when Suwoong arrived home. He was supposed to meet a junior at said junior's place that afternoon, but he didn't have the guts to visit the home unchanged. There was something disgusting about going to someone's home without changing that had the art major so cautious. That, or it was his germaphobic upbringing. Showers were usually mandatory before he went to bed. Nobody wants rashes while they slept.

But the thought that crossed his mind when he neared his apartment was what his roommate was doing today. Often times he would find the other dead to the world, lying on the couch, tv remote in hand. It was endearing to see, but for the most part, displeasing to Suwoong. Jinki worked the night shift at a phone accessory cart in the twenty-four hour mall that was ten minutes from their place, which explains his heavy daylight naps.

Jinki wasn't a slob. He had a reason to be working his off for the whole night, and that was to raise enough money to even apply to a cooking class he wanted to attend. It was an entrance fee - that was all he needed to get into the academy, really.

“Jinki, get off the couch, you still need to bathe.” Suwoong crooned over the older male’s shoulder. From where he was leaning behind the couch, the boy could smell the faint perfume samples sprayed onto his wrist from numerous promotions. It still wonders him how Jinki managed to get sampled so many times considering his cart location being nowhere near the Gallery. Maybe he was flirting. Maybe he has a girlfriend. Who knows; the guy practically knows everyone. The ing building knows him.

"I don't need to get up yet, it's not even five." the elder responds, fragrant arm thrown up to grapple Suwoong by his nape and into the small space on the couch that Jinki failed to fill with his hips pushed into the couch's dip. The boy falls ungraciously into the reserved space that Jinki so generously provided for him.

"Yes, but you're falling asleep."

"Am not," he argued.

"Your eyes are barely open." Jinki wanted to open his mouth, his inital wish to start a small argument subdued due to the fact that his eyes were - definitely closed. He would like to blame the young artist's warm body temperature, but if he even cosidered the thought, that would be a little homo.

Jinki gives in. "Fine," he began, moving to sit up on the couch, "but you said you'd bring food with you from the cafe. Where's the good good?"

"I did?" Suwoong smiles, blatant and worried. Jinki nods again, hand outstreched and reaching for whatever he could reach of the younger boy's face; his cheeks, which he squeezes in mock diappointment. He laughs, Suwoong frowns.

"It's okay. We can go out for dinner." And Jinki stalks away for his needed shower.

They end up eating take out at Wendy's a little earlier because they forgot to pay the water bills. The shower didn't have warm water and it was fall.


Suwoong met his junior at the restaurant when they arrived, so the two of them discussed what they needed to go through on the spot. With Suwoong typing ridiculously into his phone, the scene looked like a boy speaking to his uninterested partner, and as Jinki continued to watch whilst eating his half-eaten burger, Suwoong waved the boy goodbye. Now Jinki squints because nobody - especially Suwoong - waves goodbye and smiles as wide as he never does. Jinki concludes that the boy is only amused at a thought in his mind, maybe an art project idea because he often does that, and it gets weird sometimes seeing his face morph into a mixture of emotions while he painted. "You get used to it," Jinki would often say.

So he puts the thought aside and offers Suwoong a nugget. "Has your appointment concluded, finally?" he asks sloppily, mouth full with the burger as he takes a bite.

"Yes. We're settling with the human interactions section," Suwoong chimes, taking a seat. "'Expect big things,' is what he said to me."

Despite the fact that his junior was older than him, Suwoong was never bothered by the age difference. The young artist continued to work closely with the man, feeling safer having his input into the proposals he himself would suggest.

Suwoong likes to think of the jittery sweats he would get from meeting his junior as excitement, excitement enduced by the sheer expectancy of their shared project's outcome. Jinki, on the other hand, would like to think otherwise; there was a lot to read from the way the naive boy would act towards people that he liked-- if he had to be more specific, all the men. Suwoong was undoubtedly gay. He's the lowkey(not) gay type of youth that tries to act straight for the sake of his parents, but Jinki knows best. And he knows Suwoong best. Not that that makes him over protective... 

 


A/N: so this chapter is just an introduction. let's make it clear that this is my first time writing a fanfic and my friend provides. B-)

-flpybrd