Personality Traits. mbti type: ENFJ - hogwarts house: gryffindor
(+): caring, cheerful, humorous, courageous
(0): strict, tough
(-): petty, paranoid, overly protective, overimaginative
caring: yeah he's the group's edgy dad. He looks like a baby, dresses like a punk, and cares for people like a real papa. He and the mom Hyeonju sure are a funny pair. The mom has a face and the dad looks like a baby... at least they're both small?? Well, back onto the topic, Yubin has learned from a young age to treat everyone with respect, and he is willing to sacrifice a lot for his friends. He cares for his children more than anyone else (except maybe hyeonju).
cheerful and humorous: yeah he may dress like the edgy kid of school that never smiles, he definitely doesn't act like that. This boy just loves dark clothes and it gives him confidence in himself and forget about his looks and chubby babyface. He still walks around with a smile plastered on his face, contrasting his clothes. He loves to smile, he loves the feeling of laughing so hard his cheeks and tummy hurt. He loves happiness. And that's why he tries his hardest to bring it both to himself and other people around him.
courageous and tough: he might be small, but yet again, he's contradicting himself. He actually loves adrenaline and feeling it rush through his body. When he feels fear, he starts to feel more confident and powerful because of it. He is a daredevil who isn't afraid of taking risks. He also has tough elephant skin, so hate from netizens or a groupmember yelling at him doesn't get to him usually. But once it pierces through his thick skin, it pierces through his heart as well... so don't ever try to go that far, cause it'll break him.
strict, petty and overly protective: he's a dad that can't be messed with. He deeply cares for his children, and that's also why he handles them with a damn strong grip. He rules over the kids with strict rules and even possible punishments when they disobey. He can actually be quite scary when angry, so it's a great way to keep the kids in check, and there won't be any scandals of misbehavior coming out under Yubin's watch. He's very petty, so the single smallest misbehavior and he'll make your life a hell for at least one day. If he has to punish severely, it hurts him, because he does this to keep the kids safe and away from scandals and knetz hate. He does it out of care, and it makes him deemed overly protective. He sees the grown men like 5 year olds who need to be watched over at all times. He's always there to make sure his kids are okay, even puts curfews on them. He's way too protective. Sasaengs have no chance with this group.
Paranoid and overimaginative: Yubin always expects the worst to happen. This is also a big reason why he is so strict to the kids. He is afraid something would happen to them if he ever lets them go out alone, even if it's for 10 seconds. He always thinks way too far and takes stuff out of context. He sees schemes and bad things in everything. He remains friendly, of course, but the suspicion is always there. If you want to earn his complete trust, you have to work your off. One mistake and you've ed up. And you know how petty he is...
Yubin was born as the third and youngest child after two older brothers. First there was Yujeong, then there was Yukwon, and the last one was Yubin. All two years after each other. Even though the gap between Yukwon and Yubin always seemed much bigger. Yubin had a great life growing up. He was raised well with loving parents and brothers by his side. He always followed his brothers around, especially Yukwon. He followed his older brother's examples all the time. It's a good thing they were good guys. But then their life came crashing down on them, when Yubin lost his dad when he was in junior high.
Losing your dad is heartbreaking, and the family's hearts were shattered into pieces. Because Yukwon wanted to dance so bad, their oldest brother Yujeong started working, so he could pay for the dance classes. That made Yukwon into the talented dancer and idol today. But Yubin thought differently. This was the first time he strayed from his big brother. He saw that Yujeong was suffering so hard while working to pay for Yukwon's dance lessons, Yubin didn't want to give him extra burden to want to go to classes too. He remained at home, he started concentrating on his vocals, practicing in front of the mirror. He became a self-trained vocalist, and while he didn't have the techniques of main vocals down, he still could hit the notes damn well, and he's very stable with a good tone too.
Around the time he started thinking about becoming an idol, his big brother debuted as member of Block B. Remember? The send all your friends home part? Yubin still teases Yukwon with it up to this day. But putting that aside, Block B's debut was really what pushed Yubin over the edge to become a trainee too. He didn't want to be in the same company, because he knew he wouldn't get a chance quickly in Stardom, because Block B just debuted, and it was their first group. Yukwon was very happy with that. Yubin ended up going to Woollim, and after three years, he was ready to debut. But he had seen his brother go through a lot during his idol life, Yujeong was suffering too, and of course their lovely mother... When Yubin heard that he was the oldest of the group, he promised himself and the others that he'd make sure they were all safe, scandal-free, and had a dad figure while their real dads weren't around, because he knows very well how it is to be dadless.
- his children
- banana milk
- smiling and making others smile as well
- potter glasses, even though he doesnt need them
- bright colored hair
- his brothers, they mean the world to him
- milky stuff (do NOT view this with a dirty mind)
- dark and edgy clothes
- wholesome memes
- wholesome songs
- everything wholesome, he wants to feel warm and fuzzy
- indian curry
- alcohol, still a dad after all
- strawberry milk, while he does like strawberry
- softdrinks that are too sweet like coke
- having an unhealthy lifestyle
- people who don't eat their veggies
- when his kids misbehave
- knetz, especially when they harm his brother
- addictions, he had some trouble with the alcohol when he was younger because of his dad's passing, but he now drinks it in a smart way
- delinquents, so why did he end up falling in love with one?
- putting his fingertip on the corner of his mouth while thinking
- biting down on his teeth while concentrating, not like just clenching his teeth, but constantly like he's chewing food
- spreading out all his limbs while sleeping. He always wakes up that way
- he sleeps so tight that a bomb would not wake him up, but he always gets up the earliest somehow, and he only needs a minute to become awake from that comatose slumber of his
- winking whenever he sees a camera before showing a bright grin
- he ALWAYS finds the cameras (like dahyun from twice)
- wearing long sleeves and pants even when it's really hot, because his agency told him to hide his tats. They warned him about it, and he knew he had to when he got the tattoos, but he still got them and doesn't complain
- tennis, the only time he is seen wearing white clothes
- electric guitar
- watching reddit youtube and ing over the entitled parents subreddit
- watching esports while he doesn't play the games
- losing people dear to him
- snakes and other poisonous animals
- the paranormal
- being followed
- he can do a spagat but don't ask him to do anything else related to dance
- he's really good at cleopatra battle dolphin shrieks
- his style of singing is completely different than his brother, but he can imitate it easily, while his brother can't imitate him at all. He does get some backlash though, thinking he does it because his brother is famous
- people have assigned Green day's walking contradiction as Yubin's theme song
- his favourite group is Rainbow
- his favourite song is Goldfinger by Suran and primary
- he follows league of legends, overwatch and csgo esports but doesn't play the actual games
- his favourite youtuber is sorrow tv
- his goal is to always feel wholesome, and make the world wholesome too
- the other members often complain that he's too strict, and maybe he is, but he just wants the best for his babies
- he got his love for edgy clothing from his crush