"Need Some Ice?"

Black Pearl

 

Chaerin opened her eyes as the smell of dishes hit her nose. She turned at her side and saw Kyungsoo grilled some fishes.

Where?

She sat down and stared at her dagger.

"You wake up?"

"Hmmh,"

She was shivering as the mist touch her body. She dragged her body near the fire. She looked up and saw a line of crimson light tore down the blackness of the sky. It's a dawn time. 

She stared down at the boy in front of her who drown into his own world in making simple dishes for them.

Chaerin pulled out her dagger as her eyes glistening silver. Kyungsoo raised his head, watching her, still unused with her ability. After some time with her, he could tell who is who easily, but Chaerin the one with psycometry always make him surprise.

"Oh my God," She snapped and placed her hand in front of . Her eyes landed to the boy who stared at her all the time.

She bowed several times,"I am sorry, i just a burden to you. I shouldn't asked you out of the capital. But at the same time, thank you, because i did need you at the moment, yesterday." 

His heartbeat stopped a moment. How can this girl can be bold yet polite at the same time?

"You really are a princess," He smirked.

"I am." She beamed while fixing her bandage on her hands.

"And thanks for saying something that knocked my sense, yesterday," She locking her gaze at the boy,"No problem..." he answered.

"Can you change to your wolf form?" She requested.

Kyungsoo dropped his eyes on hers, after awhile he decided to obey her. He changed shape and then sit and place his head on his front foot.

"Well," She started,"I haven't talked about academy with my other self.. When i say she is my alter, actually no.. Because i'm the alter and Rin was my first personality." 

"I don't know what's wrong but after some time, her alter, which is me, become more dominant in this body. I like her so much, we are one after all, right? She never like the idea of 'Chae and Rin' because my other self always think me as her and vice versa."

"She hasn't take over this body for more than a year, she just comeback again when we were in Bage Village,"

Chaerin hug her knee while playing with the hem of her dress. Kyungsoo sat across her obediently. Only the cracked sound of the burned woods in front of them that broke the silent. The ashes began to fly into the sky.

"....I'm hungry..." She muttered..

What a princess. He thought as Kyungsoo bite a stick of fish and gave it to Chaerin.

 

Suho arrived at the pond palace. He was scanning the entire pond and garden for the countless times. He gritted his teeth and kicking a space. He run his fingers through his hair in frustation. 

"Park Chaerin, you fool." 

It already at noon and Chaerin disappear since yesterday.

Her parents were dead worried and not to mention him. He didn't regret what he said yesterday and sure her parents too. He did a bit regret of what the King said, but it just to make her comeback to her sense. What they didn't expected was Chaerin's reaction. Maybe they are too used of Chaerin the one who can use psycometry. 

Even in the future she begged him to help her become a student in academy, his answer is final: A big no.

It's not for anyone sake but her. Chae has requested to forbid her going to academy, not when only the alter who has a supernatural ability. Not when maybe sometimes there is a possibility of Chae's personality disappear. Not when Rin always clueless about her surrounding everytime she take over her body.

His feet brought him back to Sata Academy. He ran toward the academy highest tower. He stopped when someone flying down from the spire.

"How is it?" 

"Negative," Kris shook his head.

"Damn it!"

"She will be okay," Kris reassured him. Suho looked up at him with sceptic eyes,"Don't stare at me. She will, i'm sure." 

Suho clicked his tongue,"We need to see the King." He said finally.

Suho haven't take a break since yesterday and the days before that. It make him lost his patient and couldn't think straight.

They were in the front gate of the palace when they saw a werewolf dashed into the palace. Across them stood side by side Luhan and Xiumin who have the same dumbfounded looks on their face. They quickly ran into the palace.

The Queen pace back and forth in the palace's terrace with worried look on her face. Behind her stood the worried King who notice someone coming toward them.

"Park Chaerin," The King mumbled as the Queen's eyes scanning every corner of the palace's yard and found her daughter riding a werewolf.

The werewolf then stop right in front of the terrace as he let the princess stepped down from his back.

The Queen took several steps downwards the staircase of the terrace reaching her daughter when Chaerin running toward her mother.

"Your Highness i-"

*SLAP!* 

The boys halted watching the scenery. Chaerin's eyes wide open and the sting and burned feeling start forming on her left cheek. She felt tears start forming in her eyes.

"W-what are you doing-" The King stopped when he saw his wife raised her hand, motioning him to stop talking.

"Who do you think you are, Park Chaerin?" 

No answer.

"You are the daughter of the King and the Queen of Banaspati Kingdom, The Crowned Princess."

The Queen panted as she let out her emotion to her daughter. Chaerin still shocked of what he mother did and the tears slowly falling down her face. 

"Where is your pride and honor as the princess, Park Chaerin?"

Silent.

The Queen still has hard expression on her face but her eyes started blurry as she felt the tears forming on her eyes.

"But aside of that, you are my only and your dad only daughter. You make us dead worry, Park Chaerin." She enveloped her daughter into a tight hug and they both ended up sobbing hard. The King reached them and patted their shoulders.

"We are sorry, honey. But you should understand about our decision," The Queen said between her sobs.

"...I..am...Park Chae... Please apologize to.. Park Rin, she more deserve..it," She sobbed,"I'm sorry too, Your Highness." 

"Hmm, we will," The Queen said.

The boys just let out a heavy breath watching the scenery.

 

 

Chaerin just go out from her room and walking down to the garden when she spotted someone she knew leaning his back on the corridor.

"Xiumin," She said.

The guy raised his head and quickly bowing when he realized it was the princess.

"Ugh-oh, Lady Chaerin," He smile at her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Me? ..ugh, just preparing for our departure to Elven Forest,"

"Really?!" Chaerin's eyes wide in curiousity,"That should be beautiful place," She already daydreaming.

Xiumin chuckled at her reaction and smile.

"Just wish us luck, Lady." He beamed.

"Of course i will."

"Ah..and about my offer yesterday.. about me and Luhan training you.. i'm serious about it. Just call us okay?"

Chaerin smiled and nodded. Xiumin nodded in her response.

"So..." He rubbing his neck,"how are you?"

"Me? Fine, thankyou..? And you..?"

Xiumin laughed this time,"You are funny. I mean.. i see your left cheek a bit swollen." He asked in concern.

Chaerin put her hand over her swollen cheek,"Ah this? i deserve this. And my mother's power is really strong, as usual." She chuckled.

"Why she..did that?" He finally asked.

Chaerin closed her eyes and shook her head,"No, it's really nothing, Xiumin."

"But you really like a swollen bun, Lady,"

"It'll fade away eventually," She smile. They heard a door cracked open and someone walked out,"Suho oppa!" Chaerin called.

The man turned his head,"Chaerin."

"I'm actually was about to searching you,"

"Sure, i was done doing my business here." He smiled,"Come here."

She smile and turned her head to Xiumin,"Thanks Xiumin. See you," She bowed and walking toward Suho.

"Your welcome, Lady. Make sure you compressed your cheek with ice," He said,"Sure, i'll."

After waving a goodbye they both leaving the place. Xiumin leaning back to the wall.

"Ice..." He muttering as he stared down at his palms,"You have the power of ice, Xiumin you fool!" He pulled out his hair in frustation.

"'Need some ice, Lady?'"

"'I can make it as much as you want.' ..As long as you feeling better." he mumbled at his last words.

"Why don't you offer Lady Chaerin your power?! stupid." He slapping himself.

"I know you are stupid, but you just more stupid talking to yourself like that." Luhan put his hands on his waist. His brows furrowed seeing his bestfriend behaviour.

"Oh shut up, stupid genius!"

"Already heard that~" He casually walked out to palace's terrace with Xiumin catching up behind.

"Wait, where is Kris?" Xiumin asked.

"Still talking with The King. He just said no need to waiting for him."

"Hmm..."