Blind Spots

Black Pearl

 

I want to be a student in Academy

The Queen furrowed her brows. She was in the throne room together with her husband and Choi Siwon who inspecting some documents on their hands.

Mom? Her daughter called.

Park Chaerin. Have you think it carefully?

No answer. The Queen sighed and pinched her nose bridge. The King raised his head as he heard his wife sigh-ing. She must be in the middle of her silent conversation.

I have, Mom. Please just let me. Her daughter pleaded

Just when she about to reply her daughter message the boys came in to the throne room.

Wait sweety. We have an important meeting right now and about your wish... it's something that can't be decided through telepathy. Meet me and your dad after the meeting. Love you. 

...hmm, love you mom and dad. 

She cutted the line with her daughter off and welcome the boys.

"Welcome." She said. The boys salute and bowing to the King and the Queen.

"There are several report come to our academy and to the palace," Park Jungsoo announced.

"Most of them came from Elven Forest," He glanced at Luhan who now a bit tensed up.

"Some elves warrior disappear from the village and as you all know, Elven Forest location is the nearest from the forbidden Shade Land. The place for vampires and monsters."

"And my concern is about this letter," Park Jungsoo unfold the paper and showed it to the boys. The letter which Chaerin got during their mission in Bage Village.

"HyunA," The Queen mumbled.

"Is there any possibility if the next target is this academy? Since people with supernatural power gathering here." Xiumin asked.

"It could be. But if i'm a vampire, i'll gathering my power first, since, academy is the place full of powerful people itself." Siwon answered.

The boys sighed.

"And first, i'll making a forces from the place near my own home-base, the place which have some people with supernatural ability," Kris voiced out his opinion.

Suho nodded,"It make sense. The warriors of Elven Forest who disappear is near the Shade Land." He repeated.

"So, what now?"

"Some of you will carried a mission to the Elven Forest and spying the Shade Land," Siwon announced.

"And the rest will be guarding up the academy and the Kingdom," The King continue,"Further information and regulation about this mission will be handled by your principal."

"Aye, Your Highness." The boys bowed.

"Okay, it's all about today, dismiss!" Siwon command and the rest walked out from the throne room, except for Suho.

Come here, Sweety. The Queen called her daughter and second later she was standing in front of her parents.

The Queen face turned serious as she raised from her throne and looking down at her daughter.

"Explain to us, Park Chaerin," The Queen demanded, her voice cold.

"I want to be a student in academy," She started and everyone except her mother gasped.

"And for whom do you think the Sata Academy is?" The Queen asked her daughter.

"For...supernatural people," She muttered

"And you, Park Chaerin?"

"I..have ability," She said

"Tell me exactly who has an ability, Park Chaerin? may i asked?" The Queen narrowed her eyes.

"C-Chae.."

"And who you are now, Park Chaerin?"

"Park Chaerin, the daughter of-" she answered

"You know what i mean sweety." The Queen smiled though it didn't reached her eyes.

"I am Park.. Rin.." She confess.

"Then you have no point here. I won't allow you to be a student in Academy," The Queen claps her hands and comeback sitting on her throne.

"B-but, Chae has a right, Mom," She shrieked 

"No buts, Park Chaerin."

Chaerin looking at her dad and Siwon who seems decided to keep silent about this case. Her gaze slowly fall into a man beside her, Kim Suho. Her last hope.

"No, Chaerin, even i don't agree for your wish," He answered her unsaid question and he didn't even look at her.

She felt her eyes heatened up. And she feel her ears turned red. She looked at her surrounding, at her mom, her dad, her uncle, and her bestfriend. They didn't even look up at her. She felt like nobody care about what she feel.

 

"If your wish is because you want to take revenge for your friends, then it's a big no. Beside you can't be a Sata Academy student in the first place." The King glanced up at her daughter who now avoid any eyecontacts with everyone.

 

She just want to help her friends and make her useful. She just want to make her other self feel useful.

 

"If only you are Chaerin the one who have a supernatural ability, i could agree," The King said and it hit her. So badly.

 

She raised her head and looked straight into everyone's eyes.

"So it is because of me? Me the 'Rin'? The one who didn't have ability? I am sorry i came to your life and ruin your perfect family!" She shouted.

"Sorry because i can't use a supernatural ability! Sorry because of me..." She halted,"...your lovely Park Chaerin can't even school or interacted with so much people! Sorry if i just a sore in the eyes for you all." Her tears fall down rapidly.

"Just..wish i won't come to your life again. I am sorry," With that she her heels and running outside the throne room.

The Queen facepalmed herself and the King gritted his teeth.

"I think i said too much," He said

"No, Your Highness, i'm the one who against this all," The Queen massage her forehead.

"Take her back Suho," Siwon ordered and he dashed out from the throne room.

 

She hate crying. Especially in front of people. And she crying in front of her parents didn't gave any better comfort for her. They didn't like her that hit her so much. To the point she feel like jumping off the cliff and killed herself. Who's gonna be happy if your parents talked cruelly like that? 

She felt a hand catch her hand and turned her around. Suho.

"Wait Chaerin. You are just too emotional!"

"Who is not gonna be emotional if-" She look at Suho who has tired face,"Nevermind, just take care about your oh-so-called-unit and leave me alone." She yanked his gripped away and running outside the palace.

She heard Suho calling her name several times but she didn't care.

She didn't know where her feet bring her to, all she just do is just running with blurry eyes. Until she found a figure she know and she didn't know what she do next.

She clutched her hands to his shirt and burried her face on his chest. She crying out load.

"F-from s-so much people..why i met with you a-again," She said in between her sobs.

The boy keep silent as he start and patting her head to reassured her.

"B-bring me somewhere, i-i don't want in this k-kingdom." She sobbed.

He huffed and change shape to his wolf form. He brought Chaerin on his back and was dashing out the border kingdom.

 

It's a night time when they arrived at the river bank. Far from the capital of Banaspati Kingdom. He was running all day long and it makes the princess felt better. 

"WOAH You are so cool Do Kyungsoo~ the wind still lingering on my skin~" She chooed and colapse on the ground.

She laughed whole heartedly that makes Kyungsoo smirk in his wolf form. He walked to the river was searching fish for dinner as he start catching big fishes with his paws and jaw.

"Cleaning yourself up. I'll make the dinner," Kyungsoo walked out from the river with his human form.

Chaerin rised from the ground,"Don't peek!" She said as she running to the bushes. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and start making fire for both of them.

The dinner had been done with grilled fish with some crabs he found as the menu. It has been an hour and the princess still nowhere to be found. Kyungsoo raised up only to sit down again when he thought he could fetch the princess. He worriedly glancing up to the bushes where Chaerin go. He thought of waiting her here or searching for her. 

He decided to search for her and walked passed the bushes where Chaerin go. What he found next was a breath taking scene.

He hid behind the tree trunk. Her facing him. Her long black hair beautifully covered her back up to her waist. The water covered her from the waist until her lower body. She was beautifully surrounded by fireflies and lightning bugs. He could be daydreaming all night long. But what he concerned the most is her faint sobs.

"I am sorry, i am sorry, i am sorry..." She murmured.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and turned his back. He leaned his back to the tree as he heard her crying. After awhile he decide to return to their bonfire and waiting the princess there.

 

"Am i taking too long?" She asked the boy when finally walked out from the bushes.

He glanced up and shook his head,"I heard women take a bath longer than us," he said.

"Hmm hmm.. maybe you right." 

"Here take a bite," He hand the princess a grilled fish which she gladly accepted.

"Hmm yum, you could be our chef in the palace Chef Soo~" She echoed but then fell silent as she mention the word 'palace'.

"What's wrong?" He feel the heavy tension around her.

She glanced up to met his dark orb and then land her gaze to the bonfire. After taking a long thought Chaerin finally told the boy about her problem.

He can see her eyes teary but she hold her tears back.

"Have you ever ask...your other self about this?" 

Chaerin thought for awhile and shook her head.

"Maybe the answer is within your own self, all this time. But you don't know it, at all." He said nonchalantly

"Because?"

"Because you have blind spots within you."

"Blind spots.."

"Yeah, blind spots."

***

 

 

 

 

Idk if my story getting more and more boring or get more interesting. What do you think?