Let me protect you

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt6O-ZwZsWQ

BTS: No More Dream

===============================

When it was time for PE class, Danji changed into her gym clothes and came out to the black top. Minyoung chattered excitedly about the approaching Valentine’s Day. Danji tried to listen, but she could not help but glance towards the Bangtan Boys. They were laughing rowdily and making snarky remarks about the wolves.

J-Hope looked up and locked eyes with her. His lips curled upwards into a nasty smirk. She swallowed hard and looked away.

Exo-M came out of the changing room. They glared at the Bangtan Boys while passing by.

“Grrr. I hate those creeps!” Tao balled his hands into tight fists and swung them in the air as if he was punching them.

“They don’t look like the type to give up soon. What do we do?” Xiumin asked in concern.

“It’s all my fault.” Lay whispered, guilt-ridden.

“No, it’s not. The bastard would have done the same thing to you if his brother had been in your position.” Kris said firmly.

“But now Danji is in trouble…” Lay looked at Luhan.

“She was in trouble the moment she became my mate. It has nothing to do with you. They just need another excuse to eliminate my mate and take away my power.” Luhan muttered.

“We’re not going to let them do that though.” Kris vowed. Tao nodded in determination.

The PE instructor came out. He saw the new list of students and blinked in surprise. “Wow…Malhwa has been becoming popular. We’ve been getting a lot of transfers these years.” The PE instructor scratched his forehead in puzzlement. He blew his whistle and instructed everyone to get into groups of three.

“Let’s get Uishik, yeah?” Minyoung beamed. Danji nodded. Minyoung ran off to get him.

Out of nowhere, large shadows fell over her. Her head snapped up, and to her dismay, she saw J-Hope and V.

“Let’s be one happy group, shall we?” J-Hope grinned.

Luhan saw what the coyotes were up to. “No, Danji…” He started walking towards her, but the other coyotes blocked his path. “Let me through!” Luhan hissed.

“No.” Rap Monster smirked.

Luhan raised his fist, but Kris held him back. “Stop. The humans are staring. We already have too much attention.”

*DAMN IT! THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!* Luhan fumed.

Danji stared up at J-Hope in incredulity. *Is he crazy? Does he think I’ll actually be in the same group as people- or coyotes rather- who want to kill me?* She started to leave, but they grasped her arms and yanked her back. “Let go of me!” Danji struggled.

“It’s either you or your friend! You choose who is going to suffer our wrath.” J-Hope hissed in her ear.

Her stomach sank in dread. *No, not Minyoung.* Without a choice, Danji stayed where she was.

“I got him!” Minyoung cheerfully came over with Uishik. Her face fell when she saw that Danji was already in a group of three.

J-Hope plastered on a sweet façade. “Sorry, cupcake, but we already got her. Maybe next time?”

“O-okay…” Minyoung sent Danji a baffled look before leaving to find a third person for her group.

*I’m so sorry.* Danji sighed.

“Okay, help stretch the arms.” The instructor directed while recording participation points.

“You heard him. Help stretch.” J-Hope smirked evilly.

Danji pulled her arms inward with an anxious expression. She DID NOT trust him with any of her limbs.

V and J-Hope aggressively grasped her wrists and stretched out her arms. She winced at their ruggedness. “Can’t you be a bit gentler?!” Danji hissed.

“Like your mate was gentler when he threw our friend over the cliff.” J-Hope hissed as he roughly pulled on her arm. Danji felt as if her arm had popped out of her shoulder. V yanked her right back, and she crashed into his small but sturdy build. “Jayden was my best friend. You know that?”

Of course I don’t! I didn’t even know you guys existed! Danji thought.

J-Hope twisted her arm back, and Danji bit her lower lip in pain. He leaned his lips against her ear and hissed lowly, “Don’t hate me for this, little princess. Hate your prince over there. He’s the reason why you’re being put through this misery.” Tears welled in her eyes.

The instructor blew on his whistle. “Okay! Line up for tumbling!”

J-Hope shoved her forward. “See you later.” Smirking, the coyotes left.

Danji squeezed her left arm that was burning with pain.

“Don’t hate me for this, little princess. Hate your prince over there. He’s the reason why you’re being put through this misery.”

“Danji!” Luhan rushed over. “Are you all right?! Did they hurt you in any way?!” He saw her wretched expression and grew pissed off. “Let me see where they hurt you.” Luhan grasped her wrist and extended her arm carefully. Danji wrenched her arm away. He stared at her in hurt. She shoved past him with frustrated tears. This is all your fault, she blamed.

Danji dreaded lunchtime. Who knew what painful and humiliating tactics the coyotes would use on her this time?

Danji and Minyoung entered the cafeteria.

“I wonder what the menu is today.” Minyoung cheerfully pondered aloud.

I wonder what those frightening coyotes are up to now, Danji wondered.

Her eyes nervously flitted around the room. She did not see them anywhere, which caused her to exhale in relief. After getting her lunch, she followed Minyoung to the usual table.

Danji skidded to a halt though when she saw the wolves there. Uishik was happily chatting with Xiumin, so she could not even tell the wolves to leave. “Over here, Danji!” Minyoung waved. *I guess I have no choice.* Danji sighed and walked over.

Minyoung scooted over to make room between her and Luhan. Surprisingly though, Danji walked around and sat on the other side of Minyoung. Nervous eyes flickered her way. Kris studied Luhan’s pained expression with pity.

Damn, I feel bad for him, Kris thought, Up till now, no mate has ever rejected his/her wolf before.

Minyoung talked while Danji absentmindedly listened. She poked the egg on her tray. Her eyes mechanically drifted towards Luhan. The blank, dismayed expression on his face caused her heart to twist painfully. *Why should I feel guilty? He’s the one who showed up in my life and suddenly turned my entire world upside down. It’s only natural that I would fear him.* Even though she thought that, she could not help but feel bad deep inside.

“Hey,” Danji interrupted Minyoung in the middle of her discussion about how polka dots were in fashion now, “I’m going to wait in the classroom first, okay? Take your time.” Danji gave her a small smile and got up. She picked up her tray and went to throw the leftover food away.

Minyoung pouted thoughtfully, “I wonder what’s wrong with her. She seems so preoccupied.”

*Of course she would. And it’s all my damn fault.* Luhan drowned in culpability.

Danji headed towards the garbage can. Suddenly, someone rammed into her, and she fell back onto the floor. The contents of her leftover lunch spilled all over her legs, leaving a mess on her skirt. Everyone stopped talking and stared at her.

Jonghoon exploded into laughter and pointed in glee at her misery.

“Holy …” Xiumin mumbled. Luhan stood up with wide eyes. “Danji…”

Danji lifted her chin and stared at the boys in repulsion.

“You should have looked where you were going.” Suga smirked and exchanged hi-fives with Jungkook.

Lay and Tao came over immediately and helped Danji stand up. “Are you okay?” Lay whispered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter