My Way

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1j8qPTylTo

Exo- K: Heart Attack

===========================================

Weeks passed, and now it was October. The wind became chillier.

Luhan continued to follow Danji’s wish. As absurd as the idea was, he didn’t meddle into any more of her businesses. Even if it drove him nuts, he stayed away from her and just watched her from afar.

As for Danji, she tried to act as if his sudden disappearance act didn’t matter. She tried to pretend she didn’t notice him from the corner of her eye. She tried to play cool and casual. But in the back of her mind, it continued to bug her.

Every time Jonghoon stirred up trouble with her, Luhan never came to her defense anymore.

Danji drove herself mad wondering if Luhan would ever come to her aid again.

It was a peaceful Sunday…or so it seemed.

The house shook with another loud growl.

Kris looked up from the newspaper and raised a dark eyebrow. *Again?* Sighing, he shook his head and went back to reading.

There was another growl and then a loud thump. Tao jerked up in bed and snarled grouchily, “QUIT IT! I’M TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!” He threw his alarm clock at the wall and buried his face into the pillow.

Chen stepped out of his room and looked sideways to meet Lay who was poking his own head out of his room.

“Luhan?” Chen asked.

Lay on the lollipop with a nod. “I think so.”

“Who else would it be?” Xiumin mumbled as he came out of his room and joined Kris in the living room. “Go talk to him, Kris. You’re the only one who can actually empathize with him.”

“No, thank you.” Kris skipped the whole emotional talk. “Besides, no one can get through him now. He won’t listen to anyone but his mate at this point.” He flipped to the next page.

Xiumin shot him a look. “The problem is that she won’t talk to him.”

“That’s something they must solve on their own. I can’t interfere in their lover’s spat.” Kris left the newspaper on the couch and headed to his room.

“You mean you won’t.” Xiumin grumbled.

Lay and Chen joined him in the living room.

“For how much longer do you think Luhan is going to be like that?” Chen asked.

“Until the girl gives in and becomes his mate.” Xiumin replied.

“Or at least until she lets him come into her life. She has this wall up right now, and it’s not allowing him to come in. It’s Luhan’s job to find the door to her.” Lay replied.

“How poetic.” A voice growled.

The three wolves looked up to see crabby Luhan. He looked terrible with dark circles around his eyes. Luhan dropped onto the empty sofa and lay there like the dead. *How can she tell me to stay out of her business? She might as well tell me to shoot a silver bullet through my chest and chop my tail off!*

“Wow. You look horrible.” Chen didn’t fail to comment. Luhan didn’t even respond to that.

“Poor wang zi.” Lay cooed and patted his . Luhan growled with a fierce glare. Lay pulled away and stuck the lollipop into his mouth. “My bad. I almost lost a hand there.”

“Leave him alone. Can’t you see he’s not well?” Xiumin gave him a look.

Lay pulled his lollipop out of his mouth and sat on the floor beside the sofa Luhan was perched upon. “You miss her, don’t you?”

*It’s not about missing her. I ing crave her. Just seeing her isn’t enough anymore. I’m going insane.* Luhan closed his eyes and buried his face in his arm.

“Luhan, you have to do something. Trigger something to get her to come close to you.” Lay advised.

“Like what? There’s nothing else I can do but wait like Kris says.” Luhan mumbled.

Lay glanced towards Kris’s closed door. “Between you and me, his advice is bull. Someone as holy as him can do it, but not quick-tempered wolves like you and Chen.”

Chen sat up straight and raised an eyebrow. *What did he say about me?*

“Come on, Luhan. Don’t just sit here and do nothing. It’s not like you. You have to be the catalyst in this relationship. Search for some kind of excuse to be with her.” Lay patted his shoulder and bit the rest of the lollipop off the stick. “I’m getting another one.” He got up and went to his room.

Luhan slowly opened his eyes. *Cataract? Excuse? Like what?* He saw that the sun was starting to fall. Luhan sat up. *If I can’t be with her, I’ll just watch her. At least that won’t drive me further up the wall.*

----------------------------

Danji and her grandfather were having bean paste soup and grilled mackerel for dinner. He ate his meal heartedly. *Her cooking skills are very much like her mother’s.* He finished his bowl cleanly so that there was not even a single grain of rice left.

Her grandfather put his spoon down and looked up to see Danji not even anywhere near done with her food. She was poking her rice with a far away expression.

“Danji.” Her grandfather called.

“Huh?” She looked up with a blank expression.

“Why aren’t you eating? Are you not hungry?” He raised an eyebrow.

She dropped her eyes. “Not really…”

His expression softened. *Something has been wrong with her lately. I feel as if there is a big distraction in her life.* Her grandfather clasped his hands together. “Is something going on at school? You seem bothered.”

Danji shook her head and gave a small smile that was meant to be assuring. “I’m fine. Really. I just…had a big lunch.”

*She doesn’t want to tell me. I don’t want to push her. I want her to know I’m here for her though.* Her grandfather stood up and patted the top of her head. “Relax. Breathe. Everything is fine.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter