"Mei-Mei"

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQ6QPAvCYo

Exo: Lucky

=============================

Kris stood by the kitchen counter island as he drank his orange juice.

Yawning fiercely, Tao stalked out of his room. The dark circles around his eyes seemed darker than usual.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “Got any sleep?”

“I was patrolling the entire night long. What do you think?” Tao grumpily asked. He stretched out his arm and wiggled his fingers. “I want juice, too.”

Usually Kris would ask if he had lost his hands, but Tao didn’t seem to be in the best mood right now. Kris went to the refrigerator, poured juice into a cup, and gave it to him. Tao swallowed the drink in one gulp and asked for more. Kris sighed and poured him more juice.

Tao drank it halfway and stopped with a sigh. He ruffled his hair, making it messier than already. “The stupid full moon is in three days. I need to find my mate soon. I’m dying of loneliness.” Tao looked around, “Speaking of mate, where the hell is Luhan ge? Did he even come home last night?” He shook his head and swallowed the rest of the juice.

The door opened, and the two wolves turned their heads.

Kris straightened up, “You’re finally home.”

Luhan smiled with a nod.

“You look so happy. Why?” Kris asked.

“I brought company.” Luhan announced.

“Company?” Kris cocked his head. Luhan looked back and urged sweetly, “Come in. It’s okay. They won’t hurt you.”

The wolves wondered who the hell he was talking to.

Luhan took her hand and led her inside. He pulled her towards him and rested his hands on her shoulders. “Danji is here.”

The wolves stared at her in shock.

“PFFFT!” Orange juice sprayed everywhere.

“TAO!” Kris shouted. Cursing in Chinese, he wiped the liquid off of him.

“What’s going on?” The rest of the wolves came out of their rooms. When they saw Danji, they halted and crashed into each other. Wide-eyed, they stared at her as if she was a ghost.

“Hi…I hope I’m not intruding.” Danji shyly smiled.

“Not at all.” Kris was the first to recover. He pulled the stool out, “Come. Sit. Make yourself at home.”

Danji looked back at Luhan who smiled and nodded encouragingly. Danji slid onto the stool with a sweet “thank you”. She crossed her ankles and looked at Tao who was still staring at her. Her eyes shifted down to his bare chest. Blushing, she focused her gaze on something less awkward.

“Tao, go put a shirt on.” Kris ordered in Chinese.

Tao walked backwards and then disappeared into his room. “SHE’S HERE!” Tao cheered in Chinese.

Danji tilted her head in confusion. “What did he say?”

“Nothing,” Luhan asked, “Do you want something to drink?” He went to the refrigerator.

Kris approached him and spoke in a low voice, “Did she agree to be your mate?”

Luhan shook his head. He grabbed the leftover orange juice and poured her a drink.

“Thanks.” Danji took a sip and looked around. It was surprisingly neat. “You have a nice home.”

“You sound skeptical.” Chen raised an eyebrow.

Danji ducked her head in shame. “N-no, I just-“

“Didn’t expect a wolves’ home to be so neat, huh?” Kris hit bull’s eye. Lay and Xiumin exchanged glances, wondering how she would react to calling themselves wolves, but surprisingly, she didn’t seem to mind. “Kind of…but mostly, it’s because you’re all guys.” Danji shrugged.

“Wow. Aren’t you ist?” Chen commented, but his voice held amusement instead of the usual sarcasm.

Tao rushed back into the room with a shirt on. He shoved Chen away from Danji’s side. Chen growled in annoyance and dusted his shirt. Tao leaned against the counter and wiggled his eyebrows. “Hey, mei-mei.”

“Tao.” Luhan warned.

“May may?” Danji wondered what the nickname meant.

“It means sister in Chinese! I’m going to call you that because you’re Luhan ge’s mate!” Tao excitedly explained.

Luhan gritted his teeth, “Tao-“

He continued tactlessly, “I used to call Holly that, too, until she-“ Kris dropped the glass in his hand.

Tao cringed, “Oops…”

Kris swiftly left the room. Any mention of his dead mate, and he was gone like the wind.

Luhan threw the empty carton of juice at him. “Tao, you idiot!”

Frowning, Tao rubbed his head, “I forgot, okay?”

“How can you forget every single time? God, it’s like you have an eraser in your head.” Luhan shook his head.

Tao pouted, “I didn’t mean to…”

Danji comforted him, “Don’t worry. I do that, too, sometimes.” *Although I have no idea why Kris left the room after you mentioned the name Holly.*

Tao beamed and clasped her hands together, “You’re sooooo nice, mei-mei!”

Luhan gave Chen a look. Chen rolled his eyes and grabbed Tao’s ear, “Come on.”

“Ow! Ow! Ow!” Tao yelped as Chen dragged him away.

Shaking his head, Luhan approached Danji, “I told you they’re weird. Sorry about that.”

Danji shrugged, “I don’t mind.”

Luhan eyed her carefully, “Really? You don’t mind that he calls you ‘sister’?”

“It’s nothing bad, right?” Danji played with the end of her sweater without meeting his gaze in fear that she would blush.

Luhan softened. He was so grateful of her big heart that he wanted to kiss her. “Right. Thanks.”

Danji smiled back.

Lay and Xiumin exchanged looks and chuckled. Danji looked up at them. “Oh! Don’t mind us! We’ll be on our way!” Lay giggled, slung his arm around Xiumin’s neck, and vanished back into the other rooms. They all hastened to the back patio where the others were.

“I bet Danji will become Luhan’s mate very soon.” Lay smiled knowingly.

“I don’t know. We thought that last time, but look where that led us. Humans can be very flaky. You can’t trust their actions. They might say something else the next time.” Chen shrugged.

“Well, I think they’re doing pretty well though,” Xiumin disagreed and turned to Kris, “Don’t you?”

Kris snapped out of his memories with Holly and nodded, “Yeah, I think so.”

“Just you watch. Danji is going to become Luhan’s official mate soon. I’m good at predicting those kinds of things.” Lay winked.

“Hey, should we go see them?” Tao grinned.

“You mean like spy on them?” Chen asked.

“Come on!” Tao led the way before any of them could stop him. They were curious, too, so they quickly followed him inside. They heard laughter in the living room and peeked inside.

Luhan and Danji were sitting on the couch. He said something funny, causing her to burst into another round of laughter.

“Okay, once they start making out, we’re leaving.” Lay whispered.

“Actually, can I stay?” Tao asked.

Luhan heard their quarrel and narrowed his eyes in annoyance. He looked back with a flat expression. “I ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter