Lunch with Wolves

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_cxB9zvSrs

Exo-M: XOXO

======================================

Once they were inside, Luhan gently set her back on the living room floor. Danji blushed and tried not to glance his way.

“I’m going to dress. I’ll be right back.” He said. She nodded.

Luhan walked past her. Danji gasped and quickly covered her eyes. Chuckling, Luhan went to his room.

Danji peeked through her fingers. When the coast was clear, she lowered her hands and exhaled in relief. Danji walked over to the couch and sat down. She hugged one of the cushions against her chest and leaned her head back against the cool leather. Peace surrounded her like a warm cocoon, and she felt like sleeping. *It’s been a while since I’ve felt so secure…*

Her eyes started to close. She had been asleep for five minutes until she felt someone touch her cheek. Slowly, her drowsy eyes peeled open.

“Tired?” Luhan whispered.

“No…just relaxed…” Danji mumbled. Her eyelids shut halfway again.

“Then sleep.” Luhan’s soothing voice beckoned her eyes to close fully. She felt him cup the back of her head and lean her back until she was lying down on the couch.

Luhan hovered over her as he watched her sleeping face. His heart tingled with excitement, love, and longing. He was so happy at this moment. He could not believe she had finally accepted him as a wolf.

She was no longer disgusted by him. In fact, she seemed to enjoy his presence now.

*Thank you. Thank you so much.* Luhan bent down and brushed his lips against her forehead.

Her eyes fluttered open, and she looked up at him. Did he just…kiss me? Danji wondered. She should have been bothered that he would pull such a move on her while she was asleep, but she found no trace of anger in her. As a matter of fact, she wished he would kiss her oh-so-tenderly again.

Luhan smiled softly as he brushed her hair away from her face. Her lips hitched upwards slightly in response. *What’s wrong with me? When he smiles, I smile, too. I can’t help it. I’m like his mirror.*

The rest of the wolves, in decent clothes now, shuffled into the living room. They halted when they saw the position Luhan and Danji were in.

“Whoa, let’s not go mating right now.” Tao joked.

Danji flushed and sat up. *Oh my god. Did they see that?* Embarrassed, she ran her fingers through her hair.

Luhan cast Tao an annoyed look.

“You two are so cute.” Lay smiled, showing off his dimple.

Danji meekly smiled. She looked up at Tao and remembered he might be hurt. Concern flashed her face. “Are you okay, Tao?”

He blinked in confusion, “Huh?”

“Luhan told me you might be hurt. He heard you, um, howl.” She said.

“Oh.” Tao burst into laughter.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “I don’t think that was hardly funny at all.”

“What happened?” Danji asked curiously.

“The fool stubbed his toe on a damn rock.” Luhan muttered in annoyance.

“Oh.” Danji said, stunned that it was something so small.

“Sorry if I scared you, mei-mei. Damn, you’re so ke-ai.” Tao winked.

“What’s that?” Danji asked. “It means cute.” Xiumin explained.

“Oh…” Danji blushed again.

“There you go again!” Tao threw his hands up in the air, “Constantly doing cute things!” He leaned down and pinched her cheeks with a loving wink. “I wish you could be my mate.”

Luhan pushed his hands away, “Drop dead.”

“How rude.” Tao frowned.

Danji pressed a fist against her lips to suppress her non-stop giggles. The wolves looked at each other and softened. “She really is cute.” Kris commented. Luhan smiled affectionately. *And she’s my mate.*

Tao put a hand over his rumbling stomach. “It’s lunchtime, and I’m starving. Kris ge, make something for us!”

“Seriously, drop dead.” Kris flatly said.

Tao pouted, “Meanies.”

Danji stood up, “I’ll cook.”

“REALLY?!” Tao stared at her with a wide grin.

Luhan put a hand on her shoulder and pulled her back. “Don’t, Danji. This freak is going to take advantage of you.”

“It’s the least I can do. You guys are protecting me. I want to do something to repay that.” Danji headed to the kitchen. Tao giddily followed her. Kris, Xiumin, Chen, and Lay curiously went to the kitchen.

Luhan sighed. He didn’t like the idea of using his mate as a cook. Sulking, Luhan entered the kitchen.

Danji peered into the fridge. There were a lot of ingredients. The boys just didn’t know what to cook with them. Danji took out all the food and washed her hands in the sink.

“What’s the menu?!” Tao excitedly asked.

“It’s a surprise.” Danji smiled.

Tao purred beside her, “Is it you?”

“THAT’S IT! TAO! GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!” Luhan barked.

Tao pouted, “I was just kidding.”

“Let’s go play video games.” Lay led him out of the kitchen. Xiumin and Chen followed them. Kris looked back at Luhan and Danji. Not wanting to be a third wheel, he went to join the boys in the living room.

“Wolves play video games?” Danji asked.

“You would be surprised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter