Danger

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=furdfG_BPNo

Exo: Wolf

=======================================

Danji looked out the window with a sigh. She had had a restless sleep the night before. She had been terrorized by nightmare of seven boys in black clothing chasing her. Oddly though, those same seven boys had turned into black…coyotes, she thought they were, with jagged teeth, sharp claws, and blood red eyes.

“Danji!” She was woken out of her thoughts by her grandfather calling for her.

Danji got up quickly and went out to the living room.

“What have you been doing in your room the entire morning?” Her grandfather asked quizzically.

“Just…thinking.” Danji replied as nonchalantly as she could.

“It’s Sunday. Aren’t you going out today?” He asked.

“Maybe…” She didn’t really feel like going anywhere.

Her grandfather started to frown. “Did something happen yesterday?”

Danji, not wanting to worry him, shook her head and managed a small smile. “No, everything was fine.”

“Are you sure? You look troubled.” Her grandfather commented.

“No, I’m fine, really. I’m just tired from too much shopping last night.” Danji weakly grinned.

“Ah, shopping.” He rolled his eyes.

“Mmhmm.” She nodded and looked at the clock. She couldn’t believe it was past lunchtime already. “I’ll get started on lunch.” Danji headed to the kitchen. She made omelet rice for lunch.

Her grandfather gobbled the plate hungrily, but Danji had no appetite. She poked her omelet with a faraway expression.

Something was bothering her. She could feel a certain tension in the air.

She had no idea why though.

Yesterday was over. She was not in Seoul anymore, so there was no way she would run into those fearsome boys again.

*Choi Danji, you’re being stupid.* She put her spoon down with a sigh.

“Not hungry?” Her grandfather observed.

Danji shook her head. “No…I ate a lot for breakfast.”

“Cereal is a lot?” He asked, puzzled. She just shrugged.

Her grandfather finally put his spoon down. He crossed his arms at the table and scrutinized her face. “Okay, something is wrong, I can tell. So spill it.”

“Nothing is wrong.” Danji mumbled, but she dodged his eyes.

“I don’t think so. What is it? Did you fight with Minyoung? Boy problems? School work?” He guessed.

“No, grandpa. I just…” She glanced at him. She knew he would not let it go until she said something. “I, um, had a small argument with Minyoung.” Danji fibbed.

“Oh.” Her grandfather seemed to relax. “No wonder you’re upset. It’s okay, Danji. Friends are like siblings. They always fight and make up the next day.”

“Yeah…” Danji felt bad for lying, but this was better than telling him the truth, which would distress him.

At that precise moment, the phone rang.

Her grandfather got up and answered, “Hello? Oh, Minyoung!” His eyes darted towards Danji.

Danji slapped her hand over her eyes. *Such great timing.*

“Yes, she’s here. Hold on.” Her grandfather held out the phone. “It’s Minyoung.” His eyes sparkled in amusement.

Danji took the phone. “Hello?” She said carefully.

“Hey! You sick?” Minyoung asked.

“No.” Danji mumbled as she uneasily ran her finger over the edge of the counter.

“Then why are you speaking so quietly?” Minyoung lowered her voice also.

“It’s…complicated.” Danji sighed.

“Be nice!” Her grandfather nudged her from behind.

Danji shot him a troubled look. *If he only knew the truth…that Minyoung and I never fought before, and we probably never will.*

“What are you doing right now?” Minyoung asked.

“I just ate lunch.” Danji replied.

“Come over! We can have a mini-manicure day with the new manicure set Lay bought me!” Minyoung giggled.

“Come over?” Danji asked. She felt a push from behind and turned around.

“Go!” Her grandfather mouthed and flicked his wrist.

*Oh God. He wants me to “make amends” with her when we haven’t really fought.* “O-okay. I’ll come over.” Danji replied and hung up.

“Good. Whatever Minyoung did, you should forgive her. She’s your best friend.” Her grandfather beamed.

“Yeah, of course.” Danji nodded.

“And you should apologize if you did anything wrong.” He encouraged.

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter