The Wolf

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL5Ebaii_Iw

Exo-M: Baby Don't Cry

========================================

Her eyes fluttered open.

Everything was hazy. Her vision was blurry.

Where am I? Danji wondered.

She blinked rapidly. Her eyesight came into focus.

She looked around the room and realized this was NOT her room.

Danji sat up, wide-eyed. She looked around the dim room. The curtains were closed. Several clothes, she recognized as male clothes, lay on the floor. By the bedside was a photo.

Danji reached out and picked it up. It was a photo of her.

She became confused. *What is it doing here?*

Danji left the photo on the nightstand and looked up.

There was another photo. This time, it was of six boys. She spotted Luhan and sighed in relief.

But she froze at once. Brief, mystifying images flickered in her mind.

Coyotes.

Wolves.

Silver.

Blue eyes.

Transforming into a human.

Luhan.

Danji shook her head, refusing to believe the impossible. How could a human turn into a wolf? That was the most ridiculous idea she had ever imagined. *It was just a dream. Look at you. You’re fine.*

Danji checked her arms. Her elbow was no longer skinned. She touched her cheek and felt no cut.

Danji drew the blanket away and looked down at her leg. There was not a hint of injury on it. *See? It was nothing but a dream!* She grew hopeful.

Wait…

Danji looked around the room. *What am I doing here then?* She thought about it and finally came up with the only rational explanation. She had fainted while going to Minyoung’s house, and Luhan had coincidentally found her. Danji sighed in relief. Yeah…that’s the only explanation.

She stood up but was surprised to feel soreness crawling up her leg.

Danji sank back down onto the mattress and blinked at her knee. She shook off the suspicion and got up again.

Danji opened the door carefully and peered out.

“-it’s time to tell her now.” She heard Chen speak.

*Tell who? Me? Tell me what?* Danji stepped out of the room.

The wolves sensed her presence and sat up.

They all looked normal.

No fur.

No strange colored eyes.

Luhan stood up from the armchair and came towards her. “Hey, how are you feeling?” He asked softly as he rubbed her arm.

“I’m fine.” Danji sighed, feeling comforted by his mere touch. She gave him a small smile. “I had a really funny dream.”

“Dream?” He asked quizzically.

Danji nodded, “I dreamt I was being chased by coyotes. And then this big silver wolf saved me.”

Tension rose in the room. The wolves glanced at each other with perplexed expressions. Luhan looked troubled also. He looked back at Kris. “Now is the time. You have to tell her.” He mouthed with a nod.

Luhan swallowed hard. *Damn. This is so hard. I needed time. I didn’t want to just spring this on her like this.*

“I should go. Minyoung is waiting for me.” Danji headed towards the door.

Luhan looked back at his friends. They shot him an urgent look. Luhan pursued her and grasped her wrist before she could leave. Danji turned around with a curious look. “You…weren’t dreaming.” Luhan spoke softly.

Danji gave him a confused look. “What did you just say?”

Luhan took a deep breath of courage before looking her straight in the eyes to spill the truth. “You…were not dreaming. The coyotes…the wolves…they are all real.”

Danji pulled away from him with a staggered expression. “I-I don’t understand…” She took a step back with wary eyes. He rushed, “I…I wanted to tell you soon. I really did. But-“

“Tell me what?!” Danji demanded.

Luhan’s shoulders fell along with his expression. “I…” He closed his eyes, almost pained by what he was about to say. He opened his eyes. “I’m a wolf.”

Danji stared at him as if he had grown a third head, “W-what?”

“I’m a wolf, Danji. I’m an immortal who is able to shift into another animal. The silver wolf that saved you…was me.” Luhan confessed.

Danji felt her soul leaving her body. She felt like she was drowning in an abyss of fantasy. *He’s telling me werewolves are real. Is he insane? No…no…this has got to be a dream.* Her legs gave out, and she started to fall.

Alarmed, Luhan reached out and caught her waist. “Danji-ah!” The rest of the wolves stood up in concern. “I knew he should have told her sooner.” Tao muttered under his breath.

“Danji, are you all right?” Luhan panicked.

She just stood limp in his arms with a dazed expre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter