six

Beautiful Sadness

 

Ever since where Jackson gave him a kiss on his forehead, Jackson hasn’t call nor text him for days and Mark found out that he misses the latter a little bit too much. He threw himself on the bed and buried his face in the pillow – thoughts about the latter slowly clouded his mind.

 

He sighs inwardly as he remembered about their first meeting and Mark really embarrassed of himself. He knew that he always made Jackson angry, he knew he nagged too much, he knew he complaint about himself at Jackson too much and he almost never satisfied about everything in his life – but Jackson was still there, reassured him that everything will turn upside down soon, always telling him that his current life won’t last long and he really deserves to have a happy life like everyone’s else happy life.

 

And Mark slowly fell into the trap.

 

He started to accept everything, he started to think that everything’s doesn’t have to turns to opposite side and he started to believe Jackson more than he should.

 

Of course, he do drew a line between him and Jackson but seems like Jackson has erased the line and finally steps into his life – and he doesn’t think that he will let go of the latter too soon, or forever; because for him, Jackson is part of his life.

 

Jackson means everything.

 

He blushed at the memory where Jackson has kissed his forehead. He was too shocked to react but when he finally realized what has happened, it was too late to grab the latter’s hand. He wasn’t aware when it happened but what did he knows, he wanted the scene happens again. The feeling of Jackson’s lips on his forehead is something that he couldn’t express it with words – he feels precious, he feels loved by someone and he feels safe.

 

And he knew that he has something for the latter.

 

The ringing from his phone which was placed on the study table startled him. He got off from the bed and took the phone.

 

I’m at outside of your house.

 

The text got his eyes widened. He put down his phone and looks out through the window – Jackson spontaneously waves his hand towards Mark as he noticed that Mark was looking through the window and that made Mark smile without he noticing. He runs downstairs and quickly turns the door knob, revealing the latter with grin plastered on his face.

 

He told himself to breathe because he’s really out of breath. He was too excited to meet the latter and in few blinks, he already stood in front of the latter – arms wraps tightly around the latter’s neck which made the latter froze but his lips slowly broke into a smile; a warm smile.

 

“Where were you?” was the first thing that Mark asked when he broke the hug, eyes full of worries.

 

“I was just figuring things,” Jackson smiles.

 

“What—“

 

“I wanted to meet your parents,” Jackson voiced out which made Mark froze. “Can I?”

 

There were few minutes of silence before Mark whispered a sure as a reply. He told Jackson to wait in front of the door for seconds meanwhile he went inside and told his parents about Jackson wanted to meet up with them. There were also few minutes of silence from both of them but it was his mom who broke the silence with a why not as a reply and Mark nodded before left.

 

He swore that he could see that his parents were exchanging glances but he doesn’t want to think much. He went out and walked towards Jackson who was leaning against the wall.

 

“Come in,”

 

And Jackson knew that Mark is mad at him from the way Mark turned away from him with a cold stare of his and Jackson hated that – he hated the cold gaze from the latter. It was too late to grab Mark’s wrist when he realized that he was already in the home; a place where Mark lives in. He was scanning the surrounding when his gaze met with Mark’s dad’s eyes and he bowed in response.

 

Mark’s dad smiled and told him to sit down on the sofa which was placed not too far away from him. He glanced at Mark who is still standing beside the aquarium before he walks away from the latter to the sofa. He could see that Mark is fiddling his shirt.

 

He’s nervous.

 

“Ah, you’re here,” a soft voice from the kitchen made Jackson stood up in response. An old woman with a soft smile across her face came out from the kitchen and greeted Jackson by placing her warm hand on Jackson’s cheek. “So, you’re my Mark’s friend.”

 

Mark looks like her, he thought. Jackson smiled and nods, telling that he is Mark’s friend and always will be Mark’s friend. He could notice that a satisfied smile is spreading across Mark’s dad face and when his eyes met with Mark’s, Mark surprisingly let out a small smile – let him knowing that he is happy, extremely happy.

 

“I’m glad that you found my son,” his dad stated, made Jackson turned to him. “I was so worried of him after what has happened and I know that you already knew what is going on but I’m really glad that you found him and make him as one of your friends.”

 

“At first we didn’t know what to do after he told us what is happening,” his mom said followed with a sad sigh. “We really didn’t know what should we do and we really didn’t know what we should tell him. Everything seems has changed so much between us. Yi En grew apart from us and he became really skinny. We were so worried of him but we still didn’t know what we should do until today he finally came to us and told us that his friend wanted to meet us. We are really happy to meet you, Jackson.”

 

After few seconds of silence, Mark runs towards his mom and hugs his mom tightly – telling her that he is sorry for everything that has happened, sorry that he couldn’t help but hurt himself, sorry that he couldn’t be anything but a failure and it goes on. And it stops when his mom wraps her arms around Mark and kisses his forehead, telling him that everything is alright and telling him that no matter what happens, he is still their son – and that made Mark cry.

 

“There’s a lot that we want to say but for now, please, please do take a good care of my son,” his mom pleaded and Jackson clearly doesn’t like that. He doesn’t make Mark as a friend for granted.

 

But Jackson just gave her a small smile and reassuring her that everything will be alright as long as he’s with Mark – there’s nothing to be worried of.

 

Few hours of talking really made Jackson feels like he’s in his own home. He grew close with Mark’s dad and mom within few hours and he really likes it here; Mark’s home. He was standing at the door, looking out through the window when someone tugged his shirt. He turned around and met with Mark’s. He raised his eyebrow, asking the latter what’s wrong and the latter bit his lips before replied that they need to talk.

 

Jackson looks at the latter confusedly – isn’t sure what the latter is talking about. The latter looks up and told him that they just need to talk; about them and that made Jackson realized that there’s a lot of things that he needed to say to the latter. After few seconds of silence, Jackson finally nodded and Mark drags him upstairs, to his room, in response.

 

“So, this is your room,” Jackson broke the silence after Mark let go of his wrist. “It’s pretty cozy here.”

 

“Yeah,” Mark nodded as he walked towards his bed, sitting comfortably on the bed.

 

Jackson dragged his feet to Mark’s study table; scanning the study table. The books are pretty organized and there’s few papers scattered on the table but the thing that caught Jackson’s attention is a small box at the corner of the table.

 

“Can I start?”

 

“Sure, Mark,”

 

“Where have you been and why did you showed up like this?” Mark asked – finally let out the questions that have been lingering in his mind. “You even met my parents.”

 

“I was figuring things, Yi En,” Jackson said, turns around to face Mark who is looking at him curiously.

 

“And what is that?”

 

“About us,”

 

“Us?”

 

“Yeah, us,”

 

And Mark didn’t realize how or when did Jackson get so close next to him and Mark didn’t realize when did Jackson put his hand on his thigh and massaging his thigh in a slow motion but what did Mark knows is he’s already melted under Jackson’s touch.

 

Jackson’s touch.

 

It was so slow and sensual and Mark almost gets his eyes closed but the short whisper from Jackson gets his eyes widens. He backed away and stares at Jackson which Jackson returns it with a smile that Mark always dreamt of. But Mark couldn’t open his mouth because Jackson already leaned closer; his hand still massaging Mark’s thigh. Breathes hitting each other’s faces and Mark slowly closes his eyes. The moment when Jackson’s lips brushes against his, he tightened the grips on the bed sheet.

 

“Yi En—“ the door suddenly opens, making both of them backed away almost quickly with blushes on their cheeks. "Did I interrupt something?"

 

"N—No," Mark stutters, trying to avoid eye-contacts with Jackson. 

 

"Well, good! I'm making dinner right now, so would you guys help me in the kitchen?" Mark's mom chirped happily.

 

"Gladly," Jackson answered with a big grin across his face.

 

 

 

 

 


Sorry for the delayed update; things are going difficult lately ;; Hope you guys are still here and do leave comments! :)