twelve

Beautiful Sadness

 

I'm sorry that I took so long to update ;; I'm not quite sure about this chapter and not quite satisfied but ;; I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! And thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoted! Please, do leave some comments because that is the only way to keep me writing <3


 

“Jackson?”

 

Jinyoung’s voice snapped him into reality. He didn’t know for how long he has been day-dreaming but when he saw Jinyoung’s expression, he automatically flashed a smile that saying he was sorry for not listening. He heard Jinyoung let out a soft sigh before the latter shake his head, as if he’s telling Jackson it was alright.

 

Jinyoung is nice. He is very nice and he has a gentle attitude too. Jinyoung always nagged at him when he did something wrong and he always got mad at Jinyoung because he nagged too much and it will always ended up by a fight. But that’s what made them closer than they used to be.

 

He remembered that he used to think that they wouldn’t end up being friends because they always fought just because of a small matter but he was wrong. The small matters that made them fight were the things that made them become closer than they used to be.

 

Not just that, after being a friend to Jinyoung, he finally realized that Jinyoung always take care of him. He once called Jinyoung as “mom” but Jinyoung got mad and sulked at him and they ended up not talking to each other for few hours until Jackson came to apologize.

 

Their friendship basically is nothing to be showed off but Jackson appreciates their friendship so much because having someone like Jinyoung, who sometimes can be a real pain in the neck, but Jinyoung is the one who understands him very well more than everyone else – included his family.

 

There were no secrets between of them. Everything that happened, they will always tell each other about it as if they were having a chat. Things never got serious between both of them too eventhough they fought a lot. They would end up apologizing to each other and sometimes they didn’t apologize but instead, they started to talk, going back home together as if nothing has happened and as if they didn’t fight.

 

Jackson loves Jinyoung. Yeah, who wouldn’t love their own best friend right?

 

Afterall, Jinyoung was the one who brought him into reality and Jinyoung also was the one who showed him the world.

 

“Hey, Jinyoung,”

 

“What is it?” Jinyoung whined, “You’re disturbing me.”

 

“Thank you for everything that you’ve done for me,”

 

Jinyoung looked at him, as if he has said something gross but then he smiled, “Idiot,”

 

And Jinyoung said no more.

 

He remembered when Jinyoung met Jaebum. He remembered when Jinyoung told him that he likes Jaebum, he felt like he has lost Jinyoung. And he swore he almost glared at Jaebum when Jinyoung dragged him to meet the sharp-eyed guy but when he saw the look that Jinyoung gave Jaebum, his eyes softened.

 

 Jinyoung is his best friend and Jinyoung’s happiness is his happiness too.

 

When Jackson was too deep in his thoughts, something clicked in his mind – he hasn’t told Jinyoung about Mark. He hasn’t told the latter about what’s going on between him and Mark. He hasn’t told every single thing about it.

 

He runs his fingers through his hair as he glanced at the latter. Jinyoung was too deep in reading a book that Jaebum gave him as a gift. He let out a soft sigh before broke the silence between them.

 

“What do you want again, idiot?” Jinyoung glared at him, “Don’t call me just because you wanted to say something stupid.”

 

Jackson laughs, “This is not something stupid, Jinyoung. I wanted to tell you something,”

 

Jinyoung shifted his position so that he’s facing Jackson. He put the book that Jaebum gave him aside and paid his attention on Jackson. He raised his eyebrow, as a sign that Jackson can start the conversation now.

 

“Well,” Jackson cleared his throat – it felt like he was swallowing sands, “Do you know Mark?”

 

“Mark?” Jinyoung frowned.

 

“Yeah,” Jackson nodded, “The Mark that always gets badmouthed by the students here.”

 

“Oh,” Jinyoung finally nodded after few minutes of silence, “I knew him. Why?”

 

“It’s—“ Jackson let out a soft sigh, “It’s— I don’t know what will you react to this but— I’m dating him.”

 

There were few minutes of awkward silence before Jinyoung finally reacted. He didn’t say anything but instead he flashed a small smile and it comforted Jackson for some reasons. Jinyoung opened his mouth to say something but then he closed his mouth after few seconds and Jackson noticed how his lips trembled – as if the latter was afraid to say something.

 

“What is it?” Jackson broke the silence, made Jinyoung flinched, “You don’t have to be afraid to ask me something.”

 

“Are you sure?” He finally asked and Jackson frowned.

 

“Sure about what?”

 

“You dating that guy,”

 

His frown grew deeper. He knew that Jinyoung was worried about him so that was why he asked the question but somehow the question made him angry.

 

Of course, Jinyoung as a friend, has the rights to ask him everything that related to his happiness but he didn’t know what has gotten into him and at that time, all he were thinking is Jinyoung didn’t want Mark to be around him because Mark will be a burden to him.

 

“Are you saying that I shouldn’t be with Mark?” Jackson asked – the tone of his voice started to change and the anger started to boils inside of him.

 

“No, it wasn’t like that,” Jinyoung let out a soft sigh as he stares at Jackson, “You misunderstood the meaning of my question, Jackson.”

 

“I did?” Jackson raised his eyebrow, “But I don’t think so, though. I knew you were thinking that Mark will be a burden to me because he is like that but you know what?”

 

There were few seconds of silence as Jackson took his time to stare at Jinyoung, “He won’t be a burden to me. He will never be a burden to me. He’s not a burden, Jinyoung,”

 

“, Jackson,” Jinyoung hissed, “You were totally misunderstands my question!”

 

“No, off, Jinyoung,” Jackson shoved Jinyoung away from him, “I’m tired. I’m tired of fighting with you.”

 

“Really?” Jinyoung asked as the tears started to b in the corner of his eyes, “Wow, you’re complaining now, you ?”

 

Tired of arguing, Jackson took his bag along with his books that were placed on the table. He was hesitating on leaving when he heard Jinyoung sobbed while muttering “I hate you, Jackson”, but when Jaebum suddenly appeared in front of his class, he decided to leave.

 

Because Jinyoung already have someone besides him – the one who will tells Jinyoung not to waste his tears just because of someone who didn’t worth his time.

 

And he felt his heart is breaking apart.

 

#

 

Jackson is acting weird and Mark knows something has happened.

 

Ever since they walked back home together, it was always Mark who tried to make a conversation and it ended up with a silence that come from Jackson. Mark did ask him what has happened but the latter didn’t reply anything and instead, he shrugged and flashed a small smile as if nothing has happened.

 

But the smile was bitter and Mark totally didn’t like it.

 

He softly touched Jackson’s arm with the tip of his finger and Jackson startled. When Jackson turned around to face him, he smiles – a smile that he wanted Jackson to know that everything will be okay.

 

But Jackson didn’t say anything but instead, he brought Mark’s hand closer to his cheek. Mark smiled at his soft gesture and caressed Jackson’s cheek.

 

It was rare to see Jackson like this and eventhough he didn’t know what happened to Jackson and he didn’t know what has happened, seeing Jackson in this condition and seeing Jackson in this situation are hurting him.

 

When he felt a soft and warm thing landed on his palm, he looked up at Jackson.

 

Jackson had his eyes closed, his lips trembling and his hands were cold.

 

Not wasting his time and as if there was a magnet pulling him towards Jackson, he got off from his seat and pulled Jackson into his embrace. And when Jackson leaned his head on his shoulder, he runs his fingers through Jackson’s black hair, making the latter sighs as his arms were wrapped around Mark’s waist.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jackson broke the silence.

 

“You know that there’s nothing to apologize to me,” Mark simply replied as he placed his chin on Jackson’s shoulder.

 

“But I have to,”

 

When they pulled apart, Mark immediately pressed his lips on Jackson’s forehead, making the latter froze. Mark’s lips stayed there for few seconds before it moved downward and it were pressed on both of Jackson’s eyes before Mark’s lips finally landed on Jackson’s lips. It was a soft and light press and it stayed there for a second before Mark pulled away with a soft pink color appeared on his cheeks.

 

“You know what?” Mark broke the silence, “I found you were quite annoying when we first met.”

 

And when he heard Jackson laughs, it sent some butterflies into his stomach. He didn’t know what he should do to cheer Jackson up but when he heard Jackson’s laughter and when he saw a smile appeared across Jackson’s face, he guessed it was enough.