College and Drama

Breaking the Norms

"Alright enough of this cheesy stuff." Amber said while giving more space between her and Minzy.

"Psh whatever. Well I'll do the dishes while you get ready."

Amber only nodded while she helped Minzy take the dishes to the sink and left her to get ready. As Amber left Minzy to do the dishes she suddenly got excited to go to school. Amber really liked to go to the university because she was able to be herself and hang out with her friends. Plus it was only the time where she could mingle with other artists from different companies. For Minzy it is a little different. She loves school, but doesn't really mingle as much to other artists. Minzy is only close to her YG family while Amber can be close to anyone that accepts her. 

Minzy finally finished the dishes and checked the clock and saw that they still had a good enough time so she went to her laptop and checked on some news. She knew she shouldn't look at the hateful comments, but she always does anyway.

"So why is Minzy in 2ne1 again? We already have Bom as vocals, CL as rapper/leader, and Dara as visuals. Minzy shouldn't be in the group at all. CL can dance better than her anyways."

"Ero-maknae? More like Ew-Maknae."

"The only good thing about her is her and that isn't even all that great."

Before Minzy could read on any more comments Amber quickly snatched her laptop away from her.

"Minzy should just become a stripper since she dances like one." Amber said one of the comments that was posted on the blog. You could clearly see the steam coming out of Amber's ears. She was pissed beyond pissed that people can put such disgusting hateful comments about her bestfriend, but she was more mad that Minzy is actually reading such comments and believing it.

"Amber I was..." Minzy wasn't able to finish when Amber suddenly screamed at her.

"No Minzy!" Minzy flinched at the sound of Amber's voice. Amber saw her and suddenly took a huge breath in to calm herself down.

"I didn't mean to scream at you Min, but seriously! Everytime you read these comments you take it to heart. There are beautiful comments about you, but you always fail to see it. Here this one says 'Minzy is talented, beautiful, and a wonderful person. All these comments trying to bring her down are useless because while you have no life spouting such hate she is on top.' See Min why don't you see those comments?"

The only Minzy could do was hang her head low. She sees those comments, but as soon as she sees the hateful comments she totally forgets the encouraging comment before it.

"Look at me Min. We talked about this already. Your uniqueness is what makes you beautiful. So keep your head held high and prove all those haters wrong. Okay?"

Amber gently lifts Minzy's head up so she can make eye contact with her. Minzy saw the sincerity in her eyes and nodded her head. If not for her she will do it for all of her fans and friends that keep defending and encouraging her. 

"I know. Thanks again for telling me. I'll take it as a challenge and prove them all wrong. Like you said, let's break all those stupid norms."

"Haha yeah, but first let's go to school cause I don't want to be late."

Minzy laughed at Amber for being such a nerd, but she knew the real reason why Amber likes school. As soon as they both got to the school they saw all the other artists and idols arriving at the same time. 

You see the school that Minzy and Amber went to is a very prestigious university called Seoul Academy of Arts University strictly for idols, artists, actors, actresses, and models. From 1st generation to the newer generation of stars went to that school. Some are going there for the first time and some are there to teach the rest of the stars. You can see groups from YG, SM, JYP, Loen, Cube, and many others. Not even traniees can come into the school not until they have been debuted. 

It's a great place for Korea's top stars to be themselves and have privacy away from the public. Relationships are a very common thing in the school, but heirachy is also a very big problem also. Mostly the rivalry between who is the better one. But there are also some who just like to enjoy the normal school private life examples are Minzy, Amber, 2ne1, and F(x).

As soon as Minzy and Amber stepped through the huge gates they were greeted by Dara.

"My BABIES!" Dara ran to them and gave them a huge group bear hug. Amber and Minzy was slowly losing their breath.

"Noona I can't breath." Amber was able to let out. Dara quickly lets go still smiling widely at them.

Even though Amber is a girl and she should say "Unnie" Dara knew that Amber didn't feel comfortable using that so she had let Amber call her "Noona". 

Amber, Minzy, and Dara were the three closest friends. Minzy and Dara were closer before Minzy met Amber, but when Amber became roommates with Minzy, Dara quickly became friends with Amber also. Also for the fact that Minzy told Dara everything that happened and was happy to see that Dara still accepted Amber. 

"So unnie why are you so happy?"

"Because today I'll finally finish all my acting classes!"

Minzy and Amber smiled at Dara's revelation. They both knew that acting was Dara's first dream. Even though she achieved her dream of singing they knew that Dara still wasn't happy because her dream of acting was never fufilled. But with this they knew that Dara will finally be one step closer.

They have seen Dara in her acting classes and couldn't believe that she still hasn't been in a drama yet. They really felt that Dara was a top notch actress. Dara was so good that she was the top of her class beating Suzy, Seungi, and even ShinHye. She could out act even very experienced highly known actors and actresses. This made Minzy and Amber very proud of their unnie/noona.

"Wow that's great noona! I'm happy for you."

"Yeah, but that isn't all. The main reason is because I got my first acting role in a drama as the main actress!"

"YAY!" This time it was Amber and Minzy to tackle Dara.

"But the best part is that you two are going to act with me in the drama. You guys will be acting as my bestfriends!"

Amber and Minzy let go of Dara and look at her like she's crazy.

"You're kidding right?"

"Nope." Dara shook her head and laughed at the two. "I sent them a video of you two when you helped me on my acting exercises. And who better to act as my bestfriends than my real bestfriends."

Minzy and Amber looked at each other contemplating if it was a good idea to be in a drama. Before they could go more into depth about it Dara interrupted them.

"Please don't back out. Both of you know how awkward I am with strangers. If you two are there I'll be more relaxed. Especially you Amber since you're such a social butterfly and Minzy you just have a calming aura around you."

They both sighed and agreeded to Dara since she has done a lot for them. Plus they thought it would be a good idea to expand their talents more and they did take the challenge on breaking the norms. 

"We are doing this because we love you and owe you a lot." Amber said even though Dara didn't really care anymore since she'll be able to act with her two bestfriends.

"So unnie do you know who'll be the male leading actor?" Minzy curious to who the lucky man that'll act alongside with Dara.

"Actually I don't know. They wouldn't tell me who, but it's probably I know since they said that they chose me because that person was the one who sent my tape." Dara rubbed her chin thinking of who it could have possibly been.

"Well whoever it is must really think highly of you." Amber grabbed Dara and gave her a thumbs up.

"Hehe thank you my babies. Momma has to go to classes now. Behave okay?" Dara suddenly went into her mom mode. Amber and Minzy just chuckled at Dara's antics and nodded their head.

"Yes MOM!" They both shouted at Dara's running figure. They were suddenly clutching their stomachs due to laughter because while Dara was running she turned her head around to scowl at them, but failed to notice that she ran into her senior/teacher and the man she secretly loves, Won Bin.

They looked up after calming down to see Dara's flustered face apologising to him a million times. 

She really can be a clutz Minzy thought to herself while Amber and her went over to help Dara since she knocked down the papers. 

"I'm really sorry sunbaenim. Sorry sorry sorry." That was what they only heard from Dara while picking up the papers and even after they picked them all up she was still apologising. 

"Dara it's fine. It was an accident and we have known each other for quite awhile now so you don't have to call me sunbaenim anymore. Stop being so formal."

Dara didn't really know what to say. She was getting more flustered and Amber and Minzy wasn't helping her case when she can hear them laughing at her.

"Uhm it's okay. You are my senior and older than me. It would be to disrespectful."

Won Bin smiled and just patted Dara's hair.

"Dara you are the most respectful junior I have. Plus today is the last day you'll be a student in the acting department. So please don't call me as sunbaenim."

Dara was speechless seeing Won Bin so close to her, touching her, and giving his godly smile towards her. Amber and Minzy just had a blast at watching their unnie flustered.

"Okay...Wonnie." Dara blushed as she said her secret nickname she would picture calling him if they were to ever go out. Amber and Minzy had their mouths wide open as they heard Dara call Won Bin, Wonnie. Won Bin was surprised at the name, but was smiling at the cute nickname she had called him.

"That's cute. See you late bunny! And congrats on your drama. All three of you."

As Won Bin was walking away Dara had gone into the clouds happy with what he had called her. 

I'm his bunny. Dara smiled brightly and couldn't help, but feel extremely giddy.

On the other hand Amber and Minzy was shocked. They both looked at each other and had the same thought.

How did he know we were staring in Dara's drama with her?

"Hey unnie did you tell anyone about us also being in your drama?" Minzy snapped Dara back to reality.

"Uhm..actually I didn't even tell anyone about me being in a drama. You two are the first to know. Why?"

"Well Won Bin sunbaenim just said congrats to all three of us." Amber now was in her detective mode. But before they can go and realize how he knew a group of girls went up to them.

"Psh if it isn't the tomboy, the stripper, and the old hag." 

 

 


So here's the second chapter. ^_^ I hope you like this. There is a lot of Dara moments in this because she is the third important person in this story. Remember the forward? Yup the people are going to be slowly revealed in each chapter. Haha hope you guys enjoy this and much as I enjoy writing this for you. 

Don't forget to subscribe if you haven't you and if you already have then don't hesitate to comment ;D I love you all for reading! 

No who can be the girl group that said such hard words? Any guesses?