Chapter 3

XXII
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin's POV

It's now one day before my birthday. We didn't talk about the scenario this Christmas. I know that my unnies wants to talk to me but I just can't I might burst out crying again. I'm locking myself for 5 days now I only go out to eat.

Flashback

It's now December 19. I'll ask Tzuyu to be mine officially. It's been like a year of us having a mutual feelings. We are now here in the place where we first so each other. I grab the swing seat and she look at me weirdly.

"Yah! I'll seat there.." She said and I just glare at her playfully. "Do you still remember our first meeting here? I copied it perfectly right.." I said and she just laugh while nodding. "Yeah you did. Because your heights still the same.. You earn one year now.. How come you aren't tall?" She said.

"Yah! You have to wait.. Tsh. I'm still 14! I haven't hit puberty.." I said then my voice suddenly crack. She's now laughing at me. "Stop laughing! I have something to tell you.." I said, good thing she did really stop laughing.

"Tzuyu-ahh, it's been a year knowing we have feelings for each other. Today is a special day for me. It's the day we both met. Now, I'm here to ask you, *ahem* Ms. Chou Tzuyu. Will you be my girlfriend? officially? I have already ask your family and they said yes..." I said while looking at her eyes.

She's now tearing up. "Yes, Soojin, Yes.. I will be your girl." She said and I hug her. "Now we can come home with good news to both of our family." I said and she look so shock. "Your family know me?" She ask and I just nod at her. We come home happily to share our good news.

End of Flashback

Why? Why does our memory together keeps coming back to me? Every time I close my eyes your face, your smile and your eyes is all I can see. We look so good together Tzuyu-ahh. Why break up with me?

Aren't we really made for each other? Are we just a lesson to each others life? If we are then that's just stupid. I did not regret meeting you but I hope you don't feel that way. I really want to know your reason Tzuyu-ah.

Flashback

"Soojin!! Look I have an award.." She said as we meet in the park. "Me too, I'm now almost mastering everything." 16 year old me said. "Then you're almost graduating right?" She said while jumping up and down.

"Yup! I will win every trophy and medal in the ring for you!" I said proudly and confidently. "Get taller first. Fulfill your first promise first.. You still have 2 years to graduate.." She said and I just glare at her playfully. "I'll definitely get taller. Just wait.." I said then pout.

We are now going to date. We are buying gifts to each other, we would play in arcades, ride in amusement park and just eat street foods. Enjoying each others company is what we do the best. We would stare at each other then smile.

They almost said that we are perfect couple. We also fight but if we fight in the morning we would not let the day to pass by without reconciling and vice versa. If we fight really hard we'll give each other some space before apologizing to one another.

We never did anything that we'll both not like. We don't control each other but we are also not that free to do things. We hangout with each others group of friends and have time to the both of us. We don't stick with each other all the time.

End of Flashback

Why did you suddenly became cold? Have I done something wrong? Was it my fault? Have you fallen out of love? How? How did you do that? How can you do that? Why? Why does it seem easy for you to leave you? Did you also suffer?

Maybe if I meet you again I can answer my questions right? But you leave no trace. Even Aunty and Uncle doesn't have a single clue where you are. Are they lying too? Maybe your still here in New Zealand but I'm still so weak to face you.

Flashback

"Tzuyu-ahh look, I made this myself.." I said as I hand her the bracelet I made. I cover my hands with winter gloves so she'll not notice the wound in my fingers. "Soojin, Happy birthday, but let's stop this.." her words that cut deeply and wounded my heart.

I look at her if she's joking but for the past 11 years I know her, I know that she's serious. "What?" I ask her one more time maybe I just misheard it. "I said let's end this. Let's break up." She said and leave me in our shared apartment.

This is your heartbreaking surprise Tzuyu-ah. I run to her and hug her. "Please, tell you have a surprise for me. Where's the cake? Don't you have any presents?" I said as I pull her closer to me. "No, I don't have. This is not a prank at all. I already get my things. The apartment is all yours." She said.

I ran upstairs and her things are not here. When I went out her figure is not here anymore. I ran outside but she's nowhere to be found. I went back to our apartment and cry until I pass out. I never knew that one day I'd be losing you, Chou Tzuyu.

End Of Flashback

'Our love Story ends just like that Tzuyu-ah.' I chuckle and fix myself. My family are flying right now because it's my birthday tomorrow. I love and hate my birthday as much as I know your my strength and weakness.

I went outside my room to take a bath and freshen up. After doing that I went downstairs and found my unnies looking at the TV. They don't seem to be watching at all. "Unnies, are you or are you not watching?" I ask and the three of them look at me.

"You finally come out. Come on let's eat.. Tomorrow is your big day.. You'll be adult.." Jeongyeon unnie said but I just glare at her playfully. "Yah! I'm adult already! I'm 20 okay?" I said and point my index finger at her.

"It's nice seeing you smile again Soojin-ahh.. please don't let that smile leave your face.." Nayeon unnie said and I just nod. "I won't this time.. I'll be focusing on myself more unnie.. I'm sorry for ruining the Christmas mood..." I said and they just shook their head.

"Don't apologize it's not your fault at all.. Come on let's just eat.. You have a massive party going on for tomorrow." Momo unnie said while doing her hand signature. "Unnie, that's not massive at all.. I don't know whether it's really massive or not.." Then we all laugh.

"Fine then, hmph! I'll tell you to Dahyunie.. My tofu.. I miss my soft tofu.." She said dramatically and we just give her a weird look. "Ok stop that Momo. You're gonna see your Tofu next week.." Jeongyeon unnie said.

"Ohh.. someone is love sick? I thought you'll be here for two months unnie?" I said and they just choke. "Yah, don't die at me while choking.." I said and hand them water. "Yes, she'll be flying back to Korea.. Because she miss her tofu so much. 'right?'" Jeongyeon unnie said and she just nod.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter