CHAPTER 7

MY UNDYING HEART [2YEON]

Nayeon passed out that day she was unresponsive for 2 days until she woke up. 

NAYEON's POV

I opened my eyes and saw our care taker cleaning the table.

NY : "Sadness unnie what happened?"

SU : "Nayeon-ssi!" She then took her phone out and made a call.

SU : "Nayeon you didn't wake up for the last 2 days."

NY : "Unnie where's my sister?"

SU : "There coming they just had to do something down stairs. Please don't sit down until they get here."

I can't believe I sleep 2 days, I think I over did it this time. I was staring outside the window. The time that I was sleeping I never felt any pain. It was peaceful like a day in spring. I was hoping to see mom and dad there....

MN : "Unnie!"

MIna came running towards me while crying.

NY : "Minari :)"

MN : "Unnie don't make us worry like that." 

NY : "Mianhe Minari, did unnie make you sad?" 

I sat down and hug her as she continue to cry. Jihyo came in with tears in her eyes.

NY : "Ohh Jihyo-yah :)"

She walked towards me without saying a word then gave me a whack on the head.

NY : "Omo are you going to treat your unnie like that?"

JH : "Pabo Nayeonnie! What were you thinking! You weren't taking care of yourself. You're not even thinking about me and Mina."

NY : "Mianhe Jihyo-yah come here." 

She went closer to us I hugged the two of them while they continue to cry.

NY : "Sorry unnie is troublesome."

MN : "Unnie don't do that again okay?"

JH : "Your the only family we have."

NY : "Arraso stop crying, I'm okay now. You two are doing great with or without me. Thank you."

DH : "Okay let the patient rest."

NY : "Dr. Kim how are you."

DH : "Nayeonssi lay down you need to rest a little bit more."

NY : "I guess I'm not going home today."

JH : "You need to stay here from now."

NY : "Ehhhh I dont't want to."

MN : "Unnie please."

NY : "But Sadness unnie will be lonely without me."

JH : "Don't make it hard for us unnie."

NY : "Jihyo you know I don't like staying here it's making me sicker everyday."

JH : "When will you just say yes unnie? Haaaay arraso but you need to stay for a week more okay?"

NY : "Thank you Jihyo."

Since our parents died this two has been keeping up with me. I was a burden for them. Jihyo was young when she had to take over the company. Mina in the other hand couldn't spend most of her free time doing what she loves, she need to set aside ballet because she needs to be home with me. That's why I thought of not going to any operation will make things better for them. 

Maybe I was just passing by this world.

[Week after that event]

NY : "Dr. Kim I'm glad to see you, can you take this out now."

DH : "Arraso I know you excited to go home tomorrow but Ms. Im don't forget the promise you made with your sisters." She said while pulling the IV's in my hand.

NY : "Yep :)"

DH : "I know you don't really care about yourself anymore but for your sister please be more careful."

NY : "Sorry for the troubles Dr. Kim I'll try my best from now."

DH : "Thank you Nayeon-ssi, I'm going now I need to meet someone. Just rest for today I'll see you tomorrow."

NY : "Bye Dr. Kim."

After she left my room I started to get bored. Sadness unnie went home to prepare my room and will not be back until tonight. I should probably walk around. 

I bought an apple for Dr. Yoo to thank her. I was on my way to her office when I saw a lady walking out with her. It's rude of me to interfere with them so I waited in the side. Then the girl left....

NY : "Dr. Yoo :)" I waved at her.

JY : "Yes Ms. Im?"

NY : "Ehhhh?" How did she know my name.

JY : "I heard Dr. Park call your full name the other day."

NY : "Huh that Jihyo-yah."

JY : "What are you doing walking around? Aren't you supposed to be in your room? I'll call Dr. Park and Dr. Kim."

NY : "Andwae! I was just exercising."

We continued to talk about her friend, I thought they were dating but turns out they're not. I couldn't find the right timing to give her the apple so I kind of unknowingly followed her.

JY : "....... Why are you following me anyway?"

NY : "I'm not I just happened to be going the same way."

JY : "Arraso."

NY : "Hmm Dr. Yoo here." I handed her the apple.

JY : "What for?"

NY : "To thank you for the other day and Jihyo scolded me yesterday she said you caught a cold."

JY : "So that's why you were following me. Thank you, you didn't have to."

NY : "This is where I go." I stopped in front of the elevator.

JY : "Okay, take care of yourself. Don't over do everything." She waved at me and walked away.

NY : "Say Dr. Yoo!" I shouted at her.

NY : "How about we make a bet?"

JY : "Bet?"

NY : "Yeah, I'll make you believe in love just give me a month."

JY : "And what will I gain from this?"

NY : "I'll give you whatever you want."

JY : "And if you win?"

NY : "You need to do my operation."

JY : "Do whatever you want if it will make you happy. I'll guarantee you'll fail."

NY : "Then it's a deal. Im Nayeon will make Yoo Jeongyeon believe in love within 30 days."

JY : "Arraso. Go back to your room."

She doesn't believe in love huh. I went back to my room and started to think of my plan, if I'm going to make her fall for me I need to stay beside her more.

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

I came early today just to say Hi, I had a practice later and wouldn't make time to visit again. As I was walking in the lobby I saw jeongyeon.

CY : "Hyung! Are you going for breakfast."

JY : "Ohh Smol, I'm on my way to the operation room. You been coming here a lot lately."

CY : "Dr. Kim and I are like best friends now and I don't have anything to do beside practice."

JY : "Not for Dr. Myoui?"

CY : "Well about that hyung. I haven't seen Mina lately."

JY : "She's probably busy with something. Want me to tell you where her office is?"

CY "Hmm I don't mind."

JY : "Stop acting I know you want to."

CY : "Hahaha hyung!"

JY : "She's in the other end of the pediatric unit. I'm going now, I guess I'll see you tomorrow too haha."

CY : "I never once reget my carier choice not until now haha, thank you hyung. See you!"

Maybe I should try asking her to have breakfast. I went to her office the door was open and I saw her sitting there.

*Knock*Knock*

CY : "Annyeong :)"

MN : "Oh Chaeng what are you doing here?"

CY : "I just happened to be visiting Dr. Kim and Dr. Chou."

MN : "That's good."

CY : "Hmm Dr. Myoui want to have breakfast?"

MN : "Sorry Chaeng I have something to do."

CY : "How about tomorrow?"

MN : "I'm not sure though, if I have free time then we can go."

CY : "Arraso then I'll try again tomorrow. I'm going now, enjoy your day Dr. Myoui."

Though we've been friends for a while seems like she still don't want to be alone with me. 

It's been a week of coming here and asking Dr. Myoui to breakfast but until now she still keeps saying she's busy. I need to think about something different....

MINA'S POV

It's been a week since unnie woke up from passing out. Chaeng had been coming every morning to ask me for breakfast I keep rejecting her cause I just don't have time.

It's already late in the morning and Chaeng hasn't come yet. She probably gave up.

*Knock*Knock*

"Don't get your hopes high. Don't get your hopes high." I started saying this words in mind. I don't want to expect that it was her. 

I lifted my head and look at the door, I saw Chaeyoung standing in there.

CY : "Dr. Myoui breakfast? :)"

MN : "Ohh Chaeng, you're late today." I tried not to show her that I care.

CY : "Sorry the line was really long."

MN : "Line for what?"

She lifted a paper bag and a coffee cup.

CY : "Well after thinking of reasons why you don't want to have breakfast with me. I thought you probably don't like to be alone with me. I understand that but I don't think you should be skipping breakfast, so I bought breakfast to you."

MN : "Chaeng....."

CY : "Don't worry I'm not staying. I just came here to give you this."

She then put down the paper bag at my table and started to walk away from me.

MN : "Chaeng! Stay here, lets have breakfast together."

CY : "Ehhhh?" 

MN : "I'm not avoiding you. It's not because I don't want to be alone with you, hmm how do I explain this."

"With whats happening back home I couldn't find time to finish my work, I really wanted to have breakfast with you but walking to the cafeteria and back takes some time. That's why opted not to go, I'm sorry if it looks like that I was avoiding you."

CY : "I understand Dr. Myoui you don't have to explain anything to me. I know you're busy. I just want to be close with you."

MN : "I think it will be hard to that as of the moment Chaeng, I wanted that too but the circumstances won't allow it. You'll just end up wasting your time for me."

CY : "Dr. Myoui I don't mind waiting for you. If  that's the only thing I can do then I'll wait :)"

The words she said stabbed me right through my heart. I was happy that she said she's going to wait for me but sad at the same time to think how long will it be until she gives up. With unnie having problems with her heart I can't really focus on something else.

With unnie having problems with her heart I can't really focus on something else        

---