CHAPTER 18

MY UNDYING HEART [2YEON]

MINA'S POV

*Walking to the conference room with Jihyo*

JH : "Argh everyone is dating not long ago those three were like kids fighting who was late."

MN : "Haha unnie you should start dating to."

JH : "I'm pretty sure that you're going to end up doing it first."

MN : "Ehhh?"

JH : "With Chaeyoung all over you."

MN : "We're not even talking unnnie."

JH : "Because you keep on avoiding her. I know she's here before lunch, I saw her once dropping off flowers to you one time."

MN : "But doesn't have meaning unnie."

JH : "For you maybe, but for her I'm sure it's something. Why do you think she will go here early just to give you flowers? Did you ask her to do it?"

MN : "Ani she just went ahead and did it."

JH : "Then that's make everything clearer right? Do you hate her?"

MN : "It's not like that, she's a friend but we haven't really talk."

JH : "Friend? I told you, you keep avoiding her that's why you couldn't talk. I'm sure that she likes you."

MN : "Unnie I don't want to jump into conclusion."

JH : "Then talk to her."

MN : "I will whenever I see the opportunity."

JH : "Haaaay you and Nayeonnie have the same hard head!"

*Opens door*

JY, DH, TY : "Good morning!"

The three of them greeted us. Dahyun and Tzuyu had there heads laid in the desk while Jeongyeon was reading a book.

JH : "I'm not surprise to see Jeongyeon here but for the two of you????"

TY : "Sana unnie woke me up early I thought since I'm already awake it's better if I just come in."

DH : "Momoring have early schedule today."

JH : "Woah! See Minari? This is what love can do to you."

JY : "I bought this back from Jeju."

MN : "Omo thank you!"

JH : "Okay lets start the meeting."

I wasn't trying to avoid Chaeyoung it's just I couldn't find the right time to talk to her with everything happening around us.  

JH : "Okay that's it any other questions lovers?"

EVERYONE : "Aniyo..."

MN : "Hahaha looks like the girls have done so much to you guys."

JH : "Right last time I check this three don't even answer, they just go out the door."

JY : "We can be like that again if you want to haha."

JH : "Pabo! If you did I'm going to tell Nayeonnie, Sana-chan and Momoring."

TY : "Omo now you're threatening us Dr. Park."

JH : "Hahaha just go back to work! I'll see all of you at lunch."

EVERYONE : "Arraso!"

I headed to my office and saw a flower on my desk...

"Dr. Myoui I don't think I can visit for a while, the competition is near and I have to practice. I promise to be back as soon as the race is done. I hope you eat your breakfast. -Son Chaeyoung"

There goes my hope of talking to her, I just have to wait  a little more. It was my fault for avoiding her everyday. 

[Few days later]

It's been  5 days since the last time I saw Chaeyoung she's been sending me flowers since then but she couldn't make time to visit. Today will be her race, I didn't want to make myself obvious but I asked the nurse to change channel to sports tv in the waiting area. 

NURSE : "Dr. Myoui you have 2 urgent case."

MN : "Arraso let them in after 5 minutes. I'm just going to prepare my things." 

Out of all the time they will come, why would it have to be now? 1 patient take one hour to get the check up done and to provide some therapy. After 2 hours I finally made myself free, when I got up to watch the TV the race was already done.

*Breaking news*

NEWS ANCHOR : "Son Chaeyoung came in first in the international grand prix....."

I'm glad she won...

"Though the ceremony wasn't held because of unwanted accident, Son Chaeyoung was parking her car when the car beside her lost their break and bumped straight into hers, Son Chaeyoung was then rushed to SMC for urgent medication. Her team hasn't release any statement if the racer is finally okay. We'll get back on that, meanwhile the gas price has.........."

After hearing the news I started running towards the emergency room, I didn't want to talk to her cause I  knew she'll be there everyday. I took her for granted and now I'm filled with regrets, I was a fool for not letting her know how much I liked her. I run quickly as possible not letting any more time to be wasted.

MN : "Where's Son Chaeyoung??!"

NURSE : "Dr. Myoui she's in ward 18, she's......"

I didn't let the nurse finish her sentence I only need to know where she is and not how bad it was. I started to run again, and when I arrived her staff was there, Jeong and Jihyo unnie was standing outside her ward, curtain closed and both of them being quiet.

MN : "Jeong? Jihyo unnie?"

JY :        

JY : "Mina are you okay? You look tired. Why don't you sit down?"

MN : "Unnie where's Chaeyoung?!"

JH : "Calm down she's inside."

I couldn't calm down seeing the two of them standing there quietly, nobody's telling me anything so I opted to take manners into my own hand. I grab the curtain and opened her ward.

MN : "Chaeyoung-ah! Don't you dare leave me here!"

JY, JH : "Ehhhhhhhhh?!!!?"

When the nurse moved I saw a topless Chaeyoung only wearing her sports bra

CY : "Dr. Myoui?"

JH : "Pabooooooo!" She quickly grabbed the curtain and closed the ward again

JH : "What are you thinking? I told you calm down."

JY : "Pffffffft hahahaha Dr. Myoui why would you confess your love in front of this many people???"

I turned around and everyone was looking at me. I started to blush that was the only time I became loud. 

MN : "I thought she's not okay, none of you told me anything! Why would you stand outside if she's not hurt that bad?"

JH : "Mina-yah I didn't know you have some stupidity in you, of course we're outside because the nurse is putting a bandage in her shoulders. She was undressing, do you want us to watch her undress?"

NURSE : "Dr. Park she's ready."

JH : "Arraso.. Gaja I know you want to see her."

We went inside her ward and saw Chaeyoung laying in her bed. She had her right arm bandaged.

JH : "Chaeyoung-ah how are you feeling?"

CY : "I'm okay Dr. Park, is it the medicine kicking that's why I hear Dr. Myoui shouting?" She said with her eyes close.

JY : "We'll it's not medicine haha she's right here."

Chaeyoung carefully opened her left eye, she have a cut in her right eye brow and was having a hard time to open her eye.

Chaeyoung carefully opened her left eye, she have a cut in her right eye brow and was having a hard time to open her eye        

CY : "Dr. Myoui :)" She smiled as if nothing bad happened, with all the scars she have I bet she's hurting.

JH : "Okay love birds. Me and Dr. Yoo will try to finish checking Ms. Son so you two can talk."

The two of them started to check Chaeyoung I was sitting next to her, I saw her struggling with the pain but she didn't lost her smile. Her clothes were drench from her blood.

JY : "Sorry Dr. Myoui but I think you need to postpone your confession, we'll need to stitch her cut and put plaster on her broken arm. I'm going to prepare the operating room. You can stay here until we're ready for her."

JH : "Good thing she had those air bags it would have been worst, she'll be okay she just need to rest. I'm going to check on my other patients. Ms. Son is there anything more we can do for you?"

CY : "Can you please call my manager."

JY : "Arraso we'll ask him to see you, Dr. Myoui we're leaving her to you. I'll be back soon."

The two of them left the ward, it was just me and Chaeng even in this state I can't muster my courage to ask her how she feels.

CY : "Dr. Myoui are you okay?" She turned her face to my side as she gave me a faint smile forcing her left eyes to open.

MN : "I'm okay, you need to be more worried about yourself."

CY : "I'm okay see." She tried lifting her right arm but soon as she did she flinched. 

MN : "Pabo stop forcing yourself. Stop pretending that you're okay." She went back to resting. 

I wanted her to feel that I'm just by her side. I held her hands and she held onto me tightly. This was the very first time I felt the warmth in her hands.

MO : "Chaeyoung-ah are you alright?"

I tried to remove my hands but she just tighten the grip from it.

CY : "Oh oppa, I'm okay they told you everything?"

MO : "Dr. Yoo did, you'll be okay. Sorry Chaeyoung."

CY : "Haha what are you sorry about oppa? I'm okay, I'm alive and we won."

MO : "But you're laying here. Everyone outside is worried about you."

CY : "That's why I called you, oppa go home or go somewhere to celebrate."

MO : "We can't not until you're here."

CY : "Oppa I didn't win that on my own, all of us helped to get that. You deserve to celebrate, gaja! I'm okay.... Don't worry about me, that Dr. Yoo is my cousin haha."

MO : "Arraso we'll be back tomorrow to check on you. Chaeyoung-ah congratulation!"

CY : "Hahaha thank you oppa enjoy!"

MO : "Doctor we'll leave her on your care. Thank you."

MN : "We will do our best, thank you."

Her team went inside one by  one to say good bye to her and wish her to recover fast. All that time she didn't let go of my hands.

*Ring*Ring*

CY : "Omo that's my phone Dr. Myoui can you answer it for me?"

I took her phone and saw "Omma" face timing her. I held her phone in front of her.

CHAEYOUNG'S MOM : "Chaeyoung-ah! What happened to you?"

CY : "Omma I'm okay haha! I just lot my balance with my bicycle."

CM : "Pabo! Don't joke around. Who's with you? Let me talk to them."

CY : "I have Dr. Myoui with me."

CM : "The Dr. Myoui you're talking about?"

CY : "Omma..."

CM : "Arraso can I talk to her?"

MN : "Annyeong Mrs. Son."

CM : "Annyeong Dr. Myoui, is she okay?"

CY : "Omma I told you I'm okay!"

MN : "She is, she have a fractured arm that needs to be plaster and a cut in her eye brow but there's nothing more to be worried about."

CY : "I told you."

CM : "You brat keep quiet I'm not talking to you. Dr. Myoui I know this is a lot to ask but can you keep an eye on her? She's really stubborn I'm worried that she'll hurt herself more."

MN : "I will Mrs. Son we'll keep an eye on her."

CM : "Thank you it's a relief that she have you and Jeong with her, since all of us are far from her."

MN : "You can count on us Mrs. Son."

CY : "Omma I'll call you tomorrow I'm fine, hyung will do my surgeries so you don't have to worry."

CM : "Arraso, Chaeyoung-ah please listen to your doctors okay? If you don't I'm coming home."

CY : "I will, no need to waste your time I'll be fine. Call you tomorrow, bye omma."

*End of call*

*End of call*

---

I'm currently writing my 3rd book, I will publish it on the same day with My undying heart ending.

The title will be "FINDING NABONG" the title itself has the whole story on it. 

Here's a little video I made as a trailer for FINDING NABONG! :) Tell me what you think about it :)