Chapter 10 - Guardian Angel

Mercurial Talents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the match, the J-line basically forced the 3 youngest to go for a medical checkup for their previous injuries. Dahyun wanted to object but the glare that Sana gave her immediately shut her up. Chaeyoung was wearing a ankle guard that Mina brought as a spare in case she gets injured herself while Tzuyu simply looked neutral, although this didn't stop Momo from worrying about her. Sana decided to accompany Dahyun back to her home while Momo and Mina do the same with Tzuyu and Chaeyoung respectively.

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo looked at all 6 of them and Jihyo could sigh. The 3 of them were good, very good. However, she saw the injuries on both Chaeyoung and Dahyun which worried her. After seeing Dahyun's scar on her left knee, she started feeling uneasy on whether to let Dahyun play the full 90 minutes of a normal football match. Jeongyeon sensed her troubles and placed her hand on her shoulder, causing Jihyo to look at her with a questioning look.

"I know what you're thinking about and honestly, it's gonna take a while for them to recover after that. I'm pretty sure Sana and her gang is going to force them to get a medical checkup in the next few days, probably on the weekends. So, chin up, captain. They'll be fine." Jeongyeon comforted her Captain. Nayeon smiled at her girlfriend and gave her a suprise backhug which almost caused Jeongyeon to fall on top of Jihyo. Jeongyeon immediately asked her to let go but Nayeon only made her hold tighter. Jihyo smiled and gave a big group hug which the both of them reciprocated.

Timeskip to the weekends - Saturday, 3:10AM.

Dahyun has been getting nightmares of the same dream again and it's taking a toll on her. Waking up in the middle of the night sweating and crying, she couldn't do anything to make the nightmares go away. She checked her phone and saw messages from Sana, her 2 best friends who were somehow bickering about something that she doesn't know about and a message about her medical checkup today.

'Ah, forgot about that.'

Momo, Sana and Mina forced the three of them to make a medical appointment for a checkup on their bodies right after the match between the 6 of them. Dahyun wanted to decline but Sana's glare stopped her from doin so. Chaeyoung wanted to do the same but instead of glaring, Mina pouted instead, which Chaeyoung found it almost impossible to say no to. Convincing Tzuyu was the easiest out of them all because she listens to whatever Momo says. So right after the match, they booked a medical appointment at the nearby hospital together in the morning. Checking her phone once again because she forgot to see the time (she rolls her eyes), it read 3:25AM. She sighs as she gets up from her bed, bringing her phone along. Lucky for her, she charged it while she was asleep so she had a fully charged phone at her disposal. She left her room and went to the living room, settling herself down on her couch and turning on the TV. She kept changing channels until it landed on the sports channel, where they were showing old football matches from the Premier League. She set the remote down and unlocked her phone to reply Sana.
She read the message which said, "Hi Dahyunnie! Please remember about your checkup tomorrow... I'm seriously worried about you, Dahyun-ah. Not just me. Jihyo is especially worried about you because she's afraid that you won't last the full 90 minutes for a match. So please, go for the checkup with Chaeng and Chewy. Momo, Mina and I will be accompany the three of you together. Goodnight and sleep well, Dahyunnie!"

She smiled unconsciously

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter