Chapter 9 - J-line vs School Meal Club - 2nd half

Mercurial Talents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Apologies for the super late update, I hope you guys are still with me. :') My head just went blank thinking about what to write about the 2nd half but after listening to many soundtracks, i finally managed to type them out into words. Thank you for sticking with my story. <3

 

2nd half, 2-1 to the J-Line.

Ms Sunmi blew her whistle, signalling to the 6 players that the match is resuming. Dahyun stood over the ball while Chaeyoung was outside the circle with Tzuyu back defending. Dahyun looked at the J-Line and saw Sana and Mina outside the circle with Momo defending once again. She looked at Ms Sunmi and nodded as the latter did the same while blowing the whistle. Dahyun passed the ball towards Chaeyoung, who passed it to Tzuyu. From Tzuyu's point of view, Dahyun was on the right while Chaeyoung was on the left flank. She looked at both them and held up 3 fingers in the air which confused Sana and Mina as well as the 3 of them watching from the bench.

"Chaeng! You know what that means." Dahyun shouted.

Chaeyoung, who was being marked by Mina, smirked and nodded her head. She looked at Mina who was still confused as to what was happening but she maintained her position on marking Chaeyoung. Dahyun, being marked by Sana, just stood there and waited. Sana looked at her and her eyebrows creased. "What did that "3" meant? Was it something they did before? Or is it--" Before Sana could finish her thoughts, Dahyun suddenly sprinted diagonally across the pitch. This surprised Sana but before she gave chase, she saw Tzuyu had clenched her fist in the air. She looked across the field and saw Chaeyoung making a similar run, just the complete opposite of where Dahyun was, running diagonally towards Sana's side.

"MINA!"

Sana then sprinted towards Chaeyoung while Mina made her way towards Dahyun. Meanwhile, Tzuyu was casually strolling down the middle of the field with the ball by her feet. She spotted Chaeyoung reaching the corner flag first before Dahyun and she flicked the ball in the air and volley-ed it towards Chaeyoung. "That's out of bounds. Obviously." Nayeon said with much confidence with Jeongyeon nodding her head but Jihyo didn't move. She had her arms crossed and stood up from the bench, looking at the ball travelling in the air.

"Hyo? What's--" Jihyo shushed Nayeon and pointed towards Chaeyoung who was reaching towards the corner flag. She then pointed towards the ball in the air. Nayeon and Jeongyeon followed the ball that was still travelling in the air from the halfway line and watched it descend towards the ground. They then looked at Chaeyoung who had free space near the corner flag. As the ball descended towards the corner flag, Chaeyoung jumped and controlled the ball with her right foot, causing the football to land right by the corner flag. Both Nayeon and Jeongyeon jaws dropped to the floor while Jihyo just stood there wide eyed. They couldn't believe what they just saw with their own two eyes, Tzuyu, making a long ball towards the corner flag while Chaeyoung was sprinting down the line and the latter controlled it with ease just before the ball touched the ground. Dahyun watched it all happen and smiled. “That’s my cub.” She looked behind and saw Mina still sprinting after her but she still had a few seconds ahead. She stopped her run and ran towards the penalty area. Chaeyoung saw her running down and drilled a low ball cross towards the box. Momo thought of coming out to catch the ball but she realized that the ball was curling away from the penalty area. She was confused as to why Chaeyoung would do that when Dahyun was making the run towards the penalty area but just as Dahyun passed her through her vision, she saw Tzuyu running towards the ball. Tzuyu then sidefoots the ball and the ball curled from right to left.  Momo dived towards her left but to no avail as the ball hit the back of the net with relative ease. Dahyun ran up to Tzuyu and slapped her back, causing Tzuyu to stumble forward and glare at her while Dahyun just smiled. Chaeyoung then ran towards Tzuyu, fist bumping and complimenting each other for their skills. Momo sighed and picked up the ball from the goal, kicking it to the starting point. Ms Sunmi could only stare at the 3 young girls that linked up well during that play and she smiled internally. Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo were all speechless when the ball was struck so sweetly by Tzuyu’s sidefoot but Jihyo was the most impressed out of the 3 of them due to their amazing chemistry and link up play. 

2nd Half, 2-2.

Momo and Sana now stood over the ball while Mina was the one defending. Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu remained where they were during the 1st half. Sana sighed and Momo just looked on. Meanwhile, Tzuyu was stretching herself and she noticed Dahyun and Chaeyoung rubbing their injured knee and ankle respectively. Tzuyu called them and both of them turned and walked towards her, although Chaeyoung was slightly limping but she didn’t want to show it to the others. Dahyun continued to massage her knee but winced when she massaged a spot too hard. Tzuyu shot her a glare and she looked at her apologetically.

“Are you two okay? Can you guys continue?”

Dahyun and Chaeyoung both nodded simultaneously. Tzuyu then sighed, looking down when she felt two hands on both her shoulders. She looked up and saw the both of them smiling at her. She scoffed and shook her head, not wanting to argue with their stubbornness. Both of them made their way back towards the middle circle while Tzuyu stayed in between the posts. Ms Sunmi looked at them and asked whether they’re alright to continue and they gave her a thumbs up. Momo and Sana looked at them worriedly but before she could say anything to them, Ms Sunmi blew the whistle. Sana passed the ball towards Momo and she jogged her way to Tzuyu’s goal. Dahyun kept a close a eye on her while asking Chaeyoung to close Momo down. The cub did so, standing infront of Momo while waiting for her next move. Chaeyoung felt the pain in her ankle returning but she didn’t want to show her pain to Momo as she maint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter