An Eventful start to High School

Mercurial Talents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'RIING!' 'RIIING!'
"5 more minutes..." She said as she rolled on the bed.
'RIIING!' 'RIIIING!'
"Alright alright just shut up already!" She grumbled as she turned off her alarm and sat up on her bed. She looked around her room, posters of famous Football players hung up on her wall, the famous Lee Sunmi, one of the best players in the world to grace the Footballing world. She looks at her and smiles, then she glances at her Middle School jersey.
Dahyun, 7.
She stands and walked towards it, admiring the name and her favorite number, 7. She sighs and looks for her phone on her bed, checking for messages from her 2 best friends.

"Good morning, my fellow best friends!" She texted the group.

"Morning, Captain Dahyun. First day of our High School life!" Chaeyoung replies.

“Morning unnies...” Tzuyu replied minutes later.

“Wow, Tzuyu. Slept late?” Chaeyoung asks.

“Yeah... Was rewatching an old classic match, the 1999 Manchester United vs FC Bayern Munich match.”

“Did you record it?! Did you? Please tell me you did! We can watch it when we ever go to your house, Tzuyu!” Dahyun asked her, excitement showing.

“Yes, luckily I did. I almost screamed when the 2nd goal was scored but I didn't want to wake my neighbours up." She explained.

"Chou Tzuyu, you're the best! See you guys at the Station for our first day of school!"

With that, Dahyun decided to head to the showers to prepare for her first day of High School. Minutes later, she's out of the shower and began dressing up for school. She wore a simple long sleeved shirt and sweatpants, since she's there to study and not attract any attention to her. She takes a good look at herself in the mirror, her recently dyed dark blue hair being the only thing that stood out from her outfit. She sighed and swung her duffle bag on her shoulders, preparing herself to head out to meet Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. She closed her bedroom and walks to the front door, spotting a familiar frame on the shoe rack. She picks it up and couldn't help but shed a small tear, it was her when she was a small girl, standing in between her parents. 

'Mum, Dad... Please look over me. It's hard without you two to cheer me on but with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu with me, I hope I'll be able to carry on.'

She wipes the tear from her cheeks and kisses the frame and placing it back on the shoe rack. She wears her shoes and heads out, not before saying goodbye. She looks over at her watch, '7:30AM', she fishes her phone out from her pocket and texted the group that she's on the way to the station. She plugs in her earpiece and walked towards the station. On the way to the station, she passes by a convenience shop. She heads inside and was greeted by a familiar voice.

"Oh, Dahyun-ah! Good morning!"

She turns to the sound of the voice and smiles, "Good morning, Mr Jae.".

"What can I do for you this early in the morning?" He smiles.

To Dahyun, Mr Jae has been like a missing family member to her. Ever since her parents died in a car accident, he has been taking care of her ever since that fateful day. 

"Just getting a drink, Mr Jae."

He nods his head and she walks to the drinks section to get a bottle of Pocari Sweat. She heads back to the counter and was about to pay for it but Mr Jae pushes the bottle back to her. She looks at him confusingly but he just gives a small smile.

"It's on the house, little Dubu."

"But--"

"No buts! It's on the house." He smiles and Dahyun takes the bottle, thanking him. She walks around the counter, confusing Mr Jae. She then proceeds to hug him, catching Mr Jae by surprise. He hears her mumble a small thank you and he gives a small smile while patting her back. He knows how hard it has been for her, playing Football without the support of her parents to cheer her on, so he has been attending all of her games for their sake. When she won the Middle School Championship, he was elated. He knew she dedicated her win to her parents.

"Gotta get going, sport. Don't want to be late for your first day of High School right?" He says as she broke away from the hug.

She nods and takes the drink, thanking him once again as she left the shop in a hurry. When she reached the station, she saw Chaeyoung and Tzuyu talking to each other. She ran up to them, greeting them in the process. They greeted her back and they proceeded to take the train towards their new High School, Park Jin High. On the train, they talked about the 1999 Football match that Tzuyu stayed up late. They alig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter