✓ Shock

Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo POV

The sound of the doorbell woke me up, I groggily opened my eyes and realize I was laying on Jeongyeon’s lap. She got up slowly and went to greet whoever was at the door. I was still taking my time to fully wake myself up by rubbing my eyes. I looked at the clock, it was almost midnight. ‘I must have fallen asleep watching the movie’, I deciphered, ‘I wonder who’s at the door at this time’. I peeked towards the front door and doubled back just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. ‘Why is Jeongyeon HUGGING another girl in front of ME?!’. To say I was a bit annoyed is an understatement, I was fuming. It was 12 am and some girl showed up, ‘groping’ my woman. Well, it looked innocent enough, but, THAT’S NOT THE POINT. I got up and stood in the doorway, I crossed my arms and patted my feet on her floor. I waited for an explanation from Jeongyeon. I watched her hug the girl while caressing her hair … I think she’s crying?

Finally, what felt like forever, they moved away but that didn’t stop Jeongyeon being the sweet person she is, cupping this girl's face and whipping her tears. Jeongyeon turned around and I smiled at her direction, hoping she’ll notice me. She started walking to the living room, holding this girls hand, ignoring me! They sat too close to my liking.

“Momo, this is Mina, my sister-in-law”, Jeongyeon said to me, I was pouting in her direction. “Mina, this is Momo, my girlfriend”. She introduced us, but she wouldn’t stop touching Mina. Mina, despite her bloodshot eyes and wet cheeks, smiled at me. I faked a smile back, I wasn’t feeling too friendly because I was about to kill Jeongyeon for ignoring me. I sat down in a chair in front of them. I didn’t feel comfortable leaving Jeongyeon with her. I guess this is jealousy?

“What’s wrong?”, Jeongyeon asked concerned as she held onto Mina’s hand.

“Chaeyoung … I was with him … he was … so cold towards me”, Mina explained in between sobs. I’m surprised she can say anything with how much she’s crying.

“Why? What did he do?”.

“I asked him about us … what our relationship is or will be …”, Mina looked devastated, “Jeongyeon, please don’t be mad … he keeps blaming me for what happened ... I …. I want to get a divorce …”, Mina elaborated and cried, even more, burying her face in her hands.

Jeongyeon sighed, she looked tired, “Minjun’s death tore him apart …”.

“IT BREAKS ME TOO!”, Mina yelled tears flowing down her face. ‘Wow …’, I was a little taken back by her voice, I could felt the anger in her.

“I TRIED TO BE STRONG FOR HIM! … then my mom died … and he didn’t even call …”, Mina’s voice broke. “I told him, I wanted a divorce. He wasn’t even wearing his wedding ring anymore Jeongyeon-ah”.

Jeongyeon frowned, her eyebrows furrowed and she didn’t stop caressing Mina’s back.

“What did he say to you?”.

“He started yelling at me, started accusing me, asking if I have a boyfriend in Japan”.

Jeongyeon went wide-eyed, so did I.

“Has he lost his mind?”, I said to her. It made them both to look at my direction.

“... sorry”, I mumbled. I guess I crossed a line, but what kind of moron would say that to his wife, even after what had happened. But I guess, it’s not really my place to comment. So I decided to zip my lips.

“He told me off, then say he doesn’t want a divorce … I felt lost and angry, I had to get away. The first place I thought was here”.

“I apologies Mina … but I have to ask … did the police ever caught the guy who murdered ... Minjun?”, Jeongyeon’s voice sounded reluctant when she said Minjun’s name.

Mina responded with a shake of her head. Her tears somewhat stopped, you can only hear sniffs.

“Well … that sort of explains his behavior on blaming you. He puts a lot of pressure on himself. He sees himself as this great police officer, ... a crime fighter, but, he can’t even solve his own son’s murder”, Jeongyeon smiles sadly talking about her little brother, “It is easier for people to blame someone else rather than accepting our own weaknesses Mina ...”.

“You know ... Jeongyeon’s right about that … it takes courage and strength to accept our mistakes and a lot more to say it out loud …”, I said to her, I cower in my own words. ‘I am a coward …'

“I am tired Jeongyeon … I’m tired that I still love him”, she confessed, crying even more and Jeongyeon hugged her … AGAIN.

“Go to sleep Mina, you need to rest”, Jeongyeon guided Mina to the guest room, conveniently, next to her bedroom. I decided to go in Jeongyeon’s bedroom. A few minutes later, Jeongyeon followed me in.

“Why didn’t you invite her to sleep in your room? I could’ve slept in the guestroom”, I said mockingly as I sat cross-legged on the edge of the bed.

Jeongyeon stared at me and started to laugh.

‘WHAT?! STOP LAUGHING AT ME’, I stuck my tongue at her. She came over to me, leaned forward and put her hands beside me, trapping me on the edge of the bed, “Are you jealous Momo-ssi?”, she smirked.

I looked away from her, “NO! … well … maybe”.

She smiled, “you look cute when you’re jealous”.

I pouted at her comment. She surprised me with a kiss on my cheek. I could feel her breathe near my ear, making me shiver, “Don’t worry, my eyes are and will always be on you and only you, Momo”.

She backed away and stood in front of me. I frowned at her, “do you love me that much?”. She nodded … I really don’t deserve her.

We were ready for bed, “I’m leaving for Thailand tomorrow”, she announced as she laid down. I pulled her in for a hug. I was never the one to initiate a hug, let along hug someone by pouring my heart and soul in. She stiffened in my arms but soon returned the gesture and caressed my hair.

“Just … just for a minute”, I said buried deep in her neck.

“Nae”, she whispered.

We laid staring at each other, intertwining our fingers under the covers, as if tomorrow will be the end of our world.

‘Should I tell you? … Will you ever forgive me if I do?’, my thoughts wandered. Soon we both fell asleep.

 

Morning

I woke up with a kiss on my forehead.

“I’m leaving”, she whispered softly.

“Hm? Already?”, I was about to get up but she stopped me.

“It’s still 6 am on a Sunday, sleep tight okay?”.

I nodded, she leaned in and kissed my lips. Eventually, she left and I fell back asleep.

When I woke up, I found Mina all ready for the day. She explained she had an interview and had to leave. ‘An interview? … on a weekend? … whatever not my business …’, I thought as I waved goodbye to her. This left me alone in the house. It was a perfect opportunity for me to snope. I double backed into Jeongyeon’s office, there has to be more than she leads on. I searched every single nook and cranny this office holds, but no dice. I noticed a framed drawing on the wall, it looked ‘childish’ compared to the many art pieces hanging around the house. I put two and two together and figured it was Minjun’s drawing for Jeongyeon. I felt bad to even suspect this, but I did anyway. I pulled it off the wall and carefully put in on the floor. My suspicions were right but it felt wrong, there was a small safe behind it. I immediately called Heechul.

“WHAT?”, he greeted.

‘Jeez … charming’, I thought, “I found the safe”.

“I’ll be there soon”, he said and hung up.

I put down my phone on the office desk, I stood frozen on the spot, it came crashing on me, the feeling of betrayal. “I’m sooo sorry”, my voice broke while looking at the many pictures of Jeongyeon and her family.

After a few minutes, Heechul was by the front door. He must have sped through traffic to get here that fast. I opened the door for him and he pulled me into a hug. I didn’t, couldn’t, hug him back.

“I miss you baby”, he said. I hope my fake smiles are believable enough for him. I realize for quite some time, what I feel for Heechul was not love.

“Where did she go? Can’t believe she’d leave you alone in her house, you must’ve be so charming to win her over this early”, he said tilting my chin, giving me a ‘compliment’.

“She went to Thailand”.

“Alright, no need to rush then. You must be happy she’s gone, take a break from the overbearing filthy human being she is”, he said as I pointed out where I found the safe.

‘She far from what you say she is’, I followed behind him to her office.

“Yes ... very happy”, I lied. I miss her since she step foot out the door.

“However, her sister-in-law is staying with us, so you still have to be fast. She might come back any minute”, I warned him.

“You mean Mina? Hm … Chaeyoung’s wife?”, he said turning to me.

I tilted my head in confusion, “How … how did you know her name?”, I asked out of curiosity.

“Made some research into this family”, he said as if it was the most obvious thing to do.

He was reaching for the safe, but stopped midway. I was confused. He turned around looking at me, “Hm … you know? There’s a pretty nice desk we can use for fun. I missed you”, ‘HE’S AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!’, I yelled in my head, he must be joking right now! He tried kissing me but I stepped back.

“I am on my period”, I lied … I didn’t want to sleep with him anymore. He got frustrated and huffed, I think I heard him growl at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter