✓ Her Company

Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo POV

“JEONGYEON” I said with, surprisingly, a lot of enthusiasm as I stood up. I can finally continue with the plan.

“Have you been well Momo?” she asked as we walked next to each other. The weather at the park had a nice breeze in the morning sun. It was a nice change to walk rather than exercising with her. I finally got a good look at her attire, she was wearing a yellow plaid shirt and black pants. Her style is so cool.

“Nae, I was taking a rest from running” I lied, I wasn’t even running.

She started to the back of her neck, “I apologies, I wasn’t in the country these few days” she disclosed.

“Really? I didn’t notice at all” I said sarcastically, ‘wouldn’t have hurt to reply my messages and calls at least once, just wasting my time’ I thought to myself. Well at least she apologise.

She laughed and looked away, “I was in Japan … for personal reasons”.

“Ahhh nice, did you met your secret girlfriend?” I , but I'm thinking she went for her illness.

She raised one eyebrow, “Girlfriend? … I told you I am single”.

“Oh I forgot, opps don’t mind me”, I was just testing her to see if she is really available. Now I know she is 100% available. I won’t hold back then.

“It’s okay … oh by the way you won’t be jobless anymore” she nonchalantly say.

I froze on the spot, ‘she must be joking …’ I was internally screaming.

She kept walking in front of me, I guess she noticed I wasn’t beside her anymore because she stopped, “Momo-ssi?” she said while turning to me.

“... I’m sorry … I’m just … speechless. Why? How again?” I stuttered while walking towards her.

“Because I found you a job, at my company” I widen my eyes while looking away from her. On the brightside, I will be closer to her, but I’ve never had a job before; to ask someone’s permission, to take orders from people … it feels weir-- ‘wait … why does it sound like my life now with Heechul?’ I asked myself.

“We usually collaborate with many Japanese so we need a translator since one is not enough, so you will work with her” she explained.

I gritted my teeth “waahhh! I am so thankful!”, never did once during our time together did I express my want to have a job, ‘damn her and her niceness’ I thought.

She just smiled proudly at me and I returned her smile. She turned around and my expression changed 180 if my glare can drill a hole in her head it would.

 

“HYUNG!” someone yelled at us. We both turned to the source of the voice and saw a guy wearing a police uniform running towards us. My eyes widen, ‘OH ! The police!’ I panicked, ‘wait … they don’t know who I am’ I reasoned with myself not to have a heart attack on the spot.

“Okayyy … why is she greeting this police guy?” I said under my breathe. Heechul won’t be too happy with this information. If we get caught this far in the mission he will kill me.

They finished hugging as if I didn’t exist in their small little world. “Momo, this is my little brother, Chaeyoung” she said to me while showing off his little brother. ‘... holy ’ I smiled but a little piece of me died knowing this.

I bowed and looked at his face, he has a mole under his lips on the left, his hair reminded me of the ahjussi from the Goblin drama, he looks tall but shorter than Jeongyeon probably about 167 cm, and is very masculine.

“This is Momo” Jeongyeon introduced me.

“Ahhhh the Japanese … “ Chaeyoung said while shaking my hand. ‘So Jeongyeon talks about me’ I smile knowing this. I guess my work is paying off.

“... yeah” she said nervously as she rubbed her nape while looking anywhere but me.

“Hyung, you were in Japan right?” he asked Jeongyeon and the latter just nodded. The air between them seems awkward just from that question. I needed to know what they are both hiding. However, Chaeyoung’s phone rang and he head to leave quickly. Something shimmered in the morning sun when he picked up his phone to leave, I noticed it was a ring on his left finger, ‘is he married?’ I thought.

“Well...your brother is cute”

“Nae” she replied coldly as she stared at Chaeyoung leaving. I’m getting a feeling that those two are not close. I will need to investigate further.

“Anyway… Jeongyeon I will go now” I said.

“Already? Arasso, today is sunday you can start tomorrow. I will send you my company’s address and other details. Take care miss Momo” she said smiling.

I faked a smile and bowed my head. Her formality with me is killing me.

I took a taxi and went home.

 

“HEECCHUUUL!” I came in yelling and threw my things on the floor.

“WHAT?” he came out of the kitchen with his mouth full of ice cream.

“I.got.a.JOB” I emphasized each word for him.

Silence from him then he said “... huh?”

We sat on the couch and told him everything.

 

After I finished explaining to him I was out of energy.

“This is very good!” he clapped his hands together, “but his brother is a cop ... that’s going to be a problem for us”. He sat there continuing to the ice cream spoon, he stared into the floors as if they will give him all the answers.

I waited for him to elaborate, “Heechul, can’t we run away?” I asked timidly, “we have so much money already” I cautiously approached him to grabbed his hand; he might blow up because I’ve brought this up multiple times with him. He abruptly stood up without a chance for me to hold him.

“We talked about this Momo! No! We.Won’t.Leave!” he emphasized each word to my face, “not until we have at least 60% of her money! She is our richest target so far!”.

There is no way to get through to him. I sighed in defeat and nodded. Heechul sat next to me and caressed my arm, “everything will be okay, trust me” he said kissing my shoulder. I wasn’t in the mood for him to be ‘nice’ to me, I looked at my phone. Jeongyeon sent me the address and details about my ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter