✓ Together

Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person's POV

At XXX hospital

 

Jeongyeon and Momo were sitting on the bed facing each other. They held hands, Jeongyeon was drawing circles on Momo’s palm. Both were relishing their new found time together. Momo was staring lovingly at Jeongyeon.

“I saw the files you left me”, Jeongyeon said, both were being shy as if their kiss was their first.

“Nae … I worked hard … for you”, Momo said shyly.

“Don’t worry, I will kick them out as soon I get back. Thank you Momo for opening my eyes”, she said caressing Momo’s hair.

Momo found out more corrupted people in the company, people who were jealous of Jeongyeon’s success. Being the youngest and most powerful CEO in Seoul can have many enemies. Momo being a criminal has many benefits and skills to seek out these people. Momo wanted the best for Jeongyeon and she knows how much the company meant to Jeongyeon. She knows how hard Jeongyeon works for her people, so she wanted to give back for her hard work.

 

Jeongyeon was staring at Momo’s eyes lovingly, she suddenly snapped her fingers from remembering something. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a velvet box. Momo’s eyes widen.

“We’re married right? So I thought we could at least … wear rings”, she smiled, her face was red from blushing, she pulled a ring out from the box and held up her hand for Momo’s.

Momo felt over the hill and reach out her left hand towards Jeongyeon. Momo covered and her eyes went misty as Jeongyeon slipped the ring on her ring finger. The ring was gorgeous, it had a small pink topaz stone decorating a silver band. Momo was speechless. She kept staring at the ring and Jeongyeon slipped her own ring which was also silver with blue topaz decorating it. They were matching. Momo felt happy and safe with Jeongyeon. Momo jumped Jeongyeon, hugging her neck. Momo was crying and Jeongyeon laughed as she felt tears wetting her shirt.

“Saranghae Momo-sii”, Jeongyeon said caressing Momo’s hair.

They laid in bed together and fell asleep.

 

At Mina and Chaeyoung’s house

 

Mina couldn’t sleep at all, Chaeyoung wasn’t answering her calls or messages. She was sitting in bed with only her bedside lamp illuminating room. She was hugging her legs, only the sound of her thoughts kept her company, and it wasn’t good company.

‘What if he left me for real? What is he is in danger? What if he tried to hurt himself because of me?’, these thoughts invaded her mind. She couldn’t stand just sitting and mulling over the what-ifs, she grabbed her car keys and drove off to the first place she could think of, Chaeyoung’s precinct.

 

At the police station, the men and women there recognize Mina as Chaeyoung’s wife. She was greeted by them, they asked her how she’s doing. Mina wanted to be as friendly as possible, but she had a purpose in mind, she walked to Donghae, one of Chaeyoung’s friend and co-worker. He was surprised to see her.

“Mina-ssi, how are you?”, he bowed humbly.

“I am fine Donghae”, she smiled, “I’m sorry if I want to skip the pleasantries, but, do you know where Chaeyoung is?”.

Donghae couldn’t really disclose on Chaeyoung whereabouts and he was kind of surprised Mina didn’t know where Chaeyoung was. The one person he knew Chaeyoung would tell was Mina.

“He’s actually on a secret mission”, his voice low when he said it. Kind of implying he shouldn’t even be talking about it.

“Is he okay?”, Mina clutching her chest.

Donghae sighed, Mina shouldn’t be here, hell he shouldn’t even be talking to her about it. He asked Mina to follow him into an empty room.

‘Chae is going to kill me ... I’m sorry Chae’, Donghae thought. “He’s currently MIA … we couldn’t reach him, no contact was made with him for a while. He’s either out of range or …”, he shook his head, he shouldn’t think that but it’s a possibility he shouldn’t rule out, “we don’t know Mina”.

Mina held her heart, she closed her eyes and sighed.

“Mina, don’t worry, we both know Chae, he always comes home”, he said lowering his voice as if he doesn’t want to give false hope to Mina.

Mina chuckled suddenly, “yeah … come home, either with his own two feet or in a body bag …”, Mina tried to be optimistic, but knowing how stressful and dangerous Chaeyoung’s job was when she married him, she can’t help to wonder if he was coming back home alive every day of their lives together. Mina eventually left the precinct and tried to sleep … but failed miserably.

 

 

Morning

 

Jeongyeon woke up to Momo’s sleeping face, she kissed her forehead and slowly got up. She doesn’t want to disturb Momo. She walked out to the nurses station, she and Momo was discharged from the hospital today, so she did the necessary discharge papers and paid for their medication and rooms.

 

When Jeongyeon was walking back to the room, the nurse came and said Momo has woken up and is currently seeing the doctor. They were discussing the treatment for her shoulder and pregnancy. She smiled and thanked the nurse. But her expression changed when she saw Heechul walking and smirking towards her.

“I heard Momo was in the hospital and I don’t visit her? Give me a little credit Miss Yoo. I’m not that heartless”, he said clutching his chest.

Jeongyeon balled her fist and glared at him, “leave”, she gritted her teeth, “before I make a scene”.

He waved a finger at her face, “tsk tsk Miss Yoo don’t forget where we are, be more courteous towards the other patients here”, he smirked, “oh, by the way, I heard Momo’s pregnant … now, the question here is whether I should congratulate YOU or should YOU congratulate ME?”, his cockiness was getting to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon looked as if she was ready to pounce and beat the living out of Heechul, “Come on Miss Yoo, I thought you were a genius, think about it … Momo is a con artist … do you really think she was loyal to you the.whole.time?”, with each word Heechul keep stepping closer to Jeongyeon, trying to make himself look bigger and meaner.

Jeongyeon didn’t back down, but deep down she doesn’t know what to say. Heechul knew he won this confrontation. He turned around to find Momo, but Momo appeared behind him, he smiled at her, then found himself on the floor clutching his nose from the pain.

Momo punched him square in the face, she was fuming, “YOU BASTARD! HOW DARE SHOW UP AND SAY THOSE TY WORDS TO MY WIFE!”, she yelled.

Heechul’s nose was bleeding and Jeongyeon was in shock by the strength Momo had.

Heechul got up, “you will regret this Hirai Momo”.

“It’s Yoo Momo now”, she corrected him.

He left in a rush while Momo pretended to fix her hair, from the way Jeongyeon was staring at her she felt kind of shy by her outburst.

“Wow”, Jeongyeon’s mouth was ajar, “don’t mess with Momo from now on”.

Momo laughed and held Jeongyeon’s hand to leave to ‘their’ house.

 

At Jeongyeon’s House

 

Everything was neat and tidy, Jeongyeon figured it was Mina who kept the place up to shape and she was thankful.

“Where is Mina?”, Jeongyeon spoke out loud.

Mina hearing both Jeongyeon and momo were discharged today, came to Jeongyeon’s house to greet them and maybe they can accompany her loneliness.

“HEEERREE”, Mina yelled coming out of the kitchen to give them a hug.

Jeongyeon was confused, Mina was by herself, “where is Chaeyoung?”.

Mina shrugged her shoulders, “secret mission”, she said nonchalantly.

Jeongyeon and Momo glanced at each other, “alright … Momo, you have to rest”, she patted Momo’s back, she turned around to look at Mina and smiled, “she’s pregnant”.

Mina has never seen Jeongyeon smile so proudly like that, she was happy for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter