✓ Her Secret

Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MOMO POV

After dinner, Jeongyeon offered to drive me back.

 

“Do you need to go anywhere before I drive you home?”, she asked while we sat in her car.

“No” I replied, however, an idea came to mind so I turned to her while she was buckling herself.

“Take me to your house”, I said.

“My house?”, she sounded surprised, “No, it’s still too early”.

I looked at my watch, “but it’s only 11 pm …”.

She looked at me and laughed, “AHH Momo-yaa, I meant in our relationship. It’s too early”.

I blinked, “ahhh”, I looked at her and smirked, “are you having naughty thoughts? Do you want to do bad things with me Jeongyeon?”. I like teasing her.

She visibly went rigid and sighed, “let’s … um ... just wait for a little until we take our relationship to that stage, I still have something to tell you”.

“Hmm … something? Like what?”, I was curious, according to Heechul people would jump on me if they had the chance, that is IF I give them the chance.

“You will know later”, she said.

I rolled my eyes, ‘cryptic as ever’ I thought and looked out the car window. ‘Wait … how does she know where to drive? I haven’t told her my address yet’, it was a late thought when I noticed the familiar streets towards the house.

“How do you know where I live?”, I asked her cautiously.

“From your CV”.

‘Thank God, though she was a creepy stalker’, I sunk back and relaxed.

“Nice, you remembered my CV well”, I smiled.

“I remember everything about you Momo-ya”.

I turned to her, but she was focusing on the road. I continued to stare, her hands were gripping on the steering wheel, a watch on her wrist … I wanted to burn every single detail about her, it was driving me crazy.

After a few minutes we arrived, I was about to take off her coat but she stopped me.

“It’s still cold”, she said as she closed the coat back on my body and making sure I was covered and warm.

She cupped my face and looked me in the eyes and whispered, “good night Momo-ssi”.

I smiled and whispered back, “good night Jeongyeon”.

 

I finally got out of the car and walked inside the building. I looked back at her and she waited for me to be inside before leaving. I was standing in the elevator and I notice something amiss. I put my hand on my chest and felt my heart throbbing, it wasn’t painful but pleasant. It scared me, ‘am I … am I falling for her?’.

 

I walked into the room and saw Heechul sleeping. I huffed, ‘like he can do anything better’. I changed and laid next to him. I faced away from him, I could feel his weight on the bed, and hear his snores next to me, however, my thoughts were only filled with Jeongyeon. I really didn’t mind.

 

 

Few Days Passed

 

Ever since our ‘date’ I rarely see Jeongyeon, we chat and call each other, but haven’t really spent time together. Apparently, today we have an important meeting.

 

It was 1 pm when I left for the meeting room with Sana. Upon entering, Jeongyeon was sitting at the head of the table while the other men and women were taking their respective seats. I looked at Jeongyeon, every time I see her I automatically smile. I saw her visibly force herself not to smile back, deciding that looking down shyly was a better idea. ‘Cute’ as I giggled softly behind my hand.

 

After everyone was situated the meeting began. It was my first time to be present at a meeting, it felt weird yet so exciting.

“Alright, the reason we are gathered here is--”, Jeongyeon voice was commanding, it held an aura of authority. It sounded so hot. I couldn’t really pay attention.

“... No, let Jae tell us”, she said and all eyes were now on Jae, a guy who worked in the management team.

“M...me?”, he sounded terrified. I would be too, by the way Jeongyeon looked at him.

“Okay, if you don’t have the courage to tell us, then shall I?”, she said while getting up to slowly walk towards him.

“On the 12th of November, where were you?”, she asked with her hands in her pant pocket.

“Thailand”, Jae replied and immediately I knew he was lying. He responded way too fast for someone who seems nervous about a second ago, plus I know that look in his eyes because I have the same one when I lie.

Jeongyeon laughed, she looked at Minseok, who was Jeongyeon’s right hand. He the projector and a CCTV footage was shown.

“If you look on the right corner, you will read 12th of November, correct? So does anybody know where this footage is located? Do you, Jae?”, she said standing behind Jae.

No one dared to reply, but it seems obvious. “It was at the SJ group building”, she said. The reveal caused a wave of whispers among some of the board and the rest were too shocked to give a response.

I was confused about why it mattered, until Sana whispered to me, “they are our number one competitor and the CEO hates Jeongyeon because she was always better than him”. Now it made sense.

“After I did a thorough investigation on the matter, I found out Mr. Jae has been relaying information”, she continued after people shimmered down from her last reveal.

“THAT IS A LIE!”, he yelled as he banged the table in defiance of her accusation.

“SIT.DOWN.NOW!”, Jeongyeon was not too happy with the outburst. She looked scary, her face and ears turned red. She looked at me, hoping to convey that she was sorry I had to see her like this. I really wish I didn’t either.

 

She walked back to her seat, “Minseok continue, please”.

He continued with the slide, “these are the documents Jae ‘allegedly’ sold to our competitor, fortunately, they were all fake. I gave them to Jae, however, they were found in a peculiar location, can you all guess?”.

Silence filled the room, you probably can hear a pin drop, until, “in the hands of the SJ company”, Jeongyeon answered.

Jae looked horrified, probably sweating through his suit. He’s probably praying for a miracle to pull him out of this situation he put himself.

“So now!”, she shouted, “… Jae, you will leave this company. I will make sure you will never be able to come back nor will you be welcome into this establishment”, she said calmly.

He abruptly stood and angrily shouted, “THIS IS BULL!”, slamming the table in the process.

Jeongyeon sighed and touched her forehead, I was worried about her. She must be under so much stress causing her head to ache. Minseok took matters into his own hands and started to push him out of the office.

“I HOPE YOU DIE JEONGYEON!”, Jae yelled as he was pushed out of the office.

“SECURITY!”, Minseok yelled for backup, Jae was being a nuisance.

Jeongyeon continued on, “this is how I deal with liars …”, she stared at the whole room, “I hope I won’t find another liar between us”. She stood up and left the boardroom.

‘I am so screwed’, I thought looking at Jeongyeon leaving the room.

 

Everyone left the room after her, I went back to my desk and just sat there. I couldn’t concentrate. Sana left early while I stayed until 6 pm. I wanted to see her. As I was heading to her office in the elevator, she was waiting for it.

“You’re still here?”, she asked, probably shocked to see me.

“Nae, I wanted to check on you” I said brightly.

She smiled and held my hand, “let’s go together”.

 

We headed to the basement, the parking lot was located there. There were a few cars still parked but overall, everyone has left to go home. While walking to her car we heard screeching tires, we looked around for the source of the sound and saw three black suspicious vans coming towards us.

Jeongyeon eyed them, “you know how to drive?”, she asked handing me the keys.

“Nae” I answered.

“Then go!”, she yelled.

“WHAT?!”, I was surprised by her request, “NO! They’re probably coming for you, ... I won’t leave you”, I said hoping she understands that I am determined to be there for her. I shook with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter