✓ First Date

Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MOMO POV

The day finally ended. I left the office at 3pm and went directly home. I found Heechul sleeping on the bed. I sat in front the vanity and started to remove my makeup and earrings. I doze off thinking about her, she didn’t look like what Heechul describe her to be. She cares about her employees and everyone loves her. She is the first kind elite I’ve ever met. ‘Weird’ shaking my head to drive the thoughts away.

“...Momo-yaa” Heechul droozily said.

“Hm?” I said turning to him

“How was your first day?” rubbing his eyes trying to get rid of sleep.

“Great … and guess what?” I paused, “I’m going on a date with her tomorrow”

He sat up immediately, ‘that woke him up’ I thought.

“LYING!” he laughed.

I stood up and walked towards him, “NOPE” I said proudly towering over him.

“Well … we need to celebrate then” he said grabbing me to bed.

 

 

 

Morning

 

“Back again” I mumbled to myself, hoping no one heard me.

“Good morning” I said as soon as I entered the office.

“Good morning Momo-san” only Sana replied. I wasn’t expecting much from the other workers.

I was working on a few papers when Jeongyeon called me to her office.

 

I went up to the 4th floor. “She’s waiting for you, you can enter” Jeongyeon’s secretary said. ‘Oh God! Was she here before? … I guess she wasn’t here the first time I came here or I’m just that oblivious? …’ I was surprised by her presence. Regardless, I knocked on the door and bowed inside.

“Wait on the couch Momo-ya” Jeongyeon said while pointing at the couch.

There were two men in the room I’ve never seen before, standing in front of her. She was talking to them while waving some papers. Her expression caught my attention, her eyebrows furrowed, whatever she was discussion with them caused her some distress. I kept staring at her and thought, ‘beautiful’. The two men left and she looked at me. She sighed and started walking to the couch.

“How are you today?” she asked, she was sitting next to me.

“Good and yourself ma’am?” I smiled.

She laughed and nodded, “good”. She looked visibly tired, from her stature to her eyes. It could be because of her tumor. She touched her forehead and groaned.

“Ah yes, for tonight, let’s meet at 8 pm at N Grill. Sound good?” She asked me.

“Nae”

She looked at me intensely. I yelped, I don’t know how to respond when she stares at me with that kind of expression. However, I must admit her stares are so warm.

She stood up and headed back to sit down behind her desk. She sighed, “alright, go back to work” she ordered and I left.

 

Once I got back to my desk, I started looking up ‘Brain tumor symptoms’. I read, “headaches... loss of control of bodily functions...change in sensation, vision, smell, and/or hearing without losing consciousness…” she must be suffering silently.

 

Hours passed and I finally headed back home. I never thought being an office worker is tiring. I laid in bed for a few minutes before preparing myself for my ‘date’. I decided to wear a tight black backless dress with matching black high heels with a touch of light makeup.

 

Heechul barged in the bedroom as I was getting ready, “wow...you look beautiful! But put more makeup on and isn’t the dress a bit too long?” he said walking around me, judging my choices.

I looked down at my outfit, the dress stopped just before my knees.

“My makeup is fine. It’s backless already, I’m not trying to be a … if it’s shorter I should just be ! PLUS I like this dress” I stood my ground.

He was momentarily shocked by my defiance, “...fine, don’t forget! Try to know more about her and get invited to her house. She must be hiding her wealth in a safe case!”. He reminded me for the millionth time.

“NAE NAE! Byee” I said leaving the house.

 

I took a taxi t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter