Campsite Indirect Confession

Cheer up, Sung Mi!

 

Half an hour later, Yeol and Yeon Doo returned to the campsite. When Yeon Doo and Sung Mi made eye contact, Yeon Doo ran over and took her in a tight hug. Sung Mi felt her positive emotions this time and felt comforted.  

"I heard you're the reason they found me. Thank you so much, Sung Mi-ah," she said, full of gratitude.  

Sung Mi returned the smile and said, "I'm glad you're back." 

The two released from the embrace and turned back to the group.  

"Kang Yeon Doo, what happened?" Teacher Yang asked, concerned.  

Before Yeon Doo could utter a word, Yeol spoke up. "Kwon Soo Ah baited her into the woods." 

The group gasped and began whispering, wondering why such a thing would happen. 

"How did she do that?" The coach asked Yeol. 

"She told Yeon Doo that I was in the woodsinjured."  

From the tent area, Soo Ah emerged, looking guilty. She kept tugging at the bottom of her jacket and looked anywhere but directly at the people.  

"Kwon Soo Ah, is this true?" Teacher Yang asked. 

She glanced at him and immediately denied it. "I thought Yeol was really hurt." 

The students scoffed and chuckled at how ridiculous she sounded. The story itself was a sham and now here she was trying to make it seem real. 

"We'll talk more about this when we return to school. For now, everyone eat up and relax and go to bed." Teacher Yang stood up and retreated to his own tent, followed by the Coach.  

Sung Mi took a glance at Ha Joon, who sat opposite her, and found him skimming Yeon Doo's body while asking her if she was hurt anywhere. Yeon Doo smiled it off and kept facing Yeol. The disappointed look on Ha Joon's face made Sung Mi's heart wrench. She wanted to rush over and tell him a joke, but she knew that it wouldn’t help in this situation.  

While she was contemplating, Dong Jae placed a water bottle in front her face. She accepted it and smiled at him.  

"Want to go for a walk?" He offered.  

Sung Mi rose up and adjusted her jacket. She noticed Ha Joon watching her as she walked off with Dong Jae. 

 

Once the two were a good way off from the tent area, Dong Jae led her to a large log that looked over a calming lake.  

Sung Mi took a seat and watched in awe as the moonlight sparkled off of the gently rippling waters. She loved scenes like this; calming and alone. She noticed Dong Jae staring at her.  

She turned to him and he held out his forearm. 

"Touch me and tell me what you see." 

"I think I've touched and seen a lot today." She wasn’t up for another energy-draining psychometry episode, but Dong Jae persisted. 

Finally giving in, she placed her hand on his arm. Immediately, images from the night before, when Sung Mi slept in Ha Joon's bed, came to the forefront. She saw Dong Jae watching on and felt the intense jealousy he felt that night. She removed her hand and looked at him in the eye, speechless. 

"Well?" He prompted. 

"I saw you last night, watching me as I slept in Ha Joon's bed." 

He looked down, embarrassed. "I guess I can't expect to hide anything from you now. What did you sense on the bus earlier?" 

"I saw when you looked at me and I felt how you felt about me." 

His blush intensified. This was becoming awkward for the both of them. 

The remainder of the night, they looked at the lake and spoke of little things. Dong Jae was glad that Sung Mi was now aware of his feelings for her. He was aware of how she felt about Ha Joon, but he was just content with liking her for now.