one

Until Whenever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sitting in a leather chair checking my watch for the third time and sighing as my patience shortens as the every minute pass. I faked a smile to the lady in front who obviously is also getting impatient as her time is being put to waste by waiting.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” A man in his suit entered the room. Showing his bright smile as he took the chair beside me. “ The surgery that was assigned to me ended late than I expected.”

 

“Good afternoon, I’m your marriage counselor  Ms. Gummy. Your case was presented to me for further evaluation for the divorce that you asked for the court to grant to you. Before we go thru the usual process of this marriage counseling please do introduce yourselves first.”  Gummy requested us her warm smile that I guess every marriage counselor have as if it can change our minds into getting a divorce.

 

“I’m Lee Donghae, surgeon at Seoul Hospital, 33 yrs. Old.”

 

“I’m Sandara Park,an  atto-.” Before I could further say another syllable the Ms. Gummy raised her eyebrow towards as if I said something wrong.

 

“Mrs. Lee, I think I heard you wrong.” I wasn’t discreet to show my protest when she called me Mrs. Lee and even emphasized the Lee.

 

“I’m Lee Sandara, an attorney and 35 yrs. of age.”

 

Gummy dramatically paused and looked at the two of us and smiled. “As what I have said a while ago the court gave me the responsibility to evaluate your marriage and if there is something that can be done to amend your case. Your reason for wanting to have a divorce is…” Looked at the documents again pretending as if she haven’t seen and read what was written on it. “Failure to accomplish each other’s duty as husband and wife.”

 

She gave us her perfected smile and went on by saying, “So failure to accomplish your duties as husband and wife, can you please explain what this means. Cause you see being a husband and a wife entails having many duties. Can you please elaborate it.”

 

“Well it means that we don’t have anytime for each other because of our busy schedules and out of town meetings. I as a criminal lawyer doesn’t allow me to stay at one place all the time. I need to see to it that everything that my client needed in order to win the case is in or hands.” I was more persuasive than I have ever been I just want this over and done.

 

Gummy just nodded and scribbled something on her clipped board on her lap.

 

“Mr. Lee,  do you want to add anything more to what Mrs. Lee have said?”

 

“My reasons are the same as hers.”

 

“I very much understand that the two of you are very well respected on the chosen field that you selected. You Mr. Lee is a sought after and a very famous  heart surgeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter