Surprise Trip?!

Rose of Knight

Chapter II    Surprise Trip?!

The white rag wiped against the counter, the young girl with dark brown hair scrubbed the surfaces that piled dust.

She placed pots and vases of flowers on display in the shops large windows.

“Mari,” a voice from the back began as the girl fixed a few red roses on a vase. “Are you almost done cleaning?”

“Almost.” She answered back.

“Can you place the open sign when you are on your way out?” the woman’s voice called out while noise of things clattering were heard from the back.

“Ok Omma,” Mari grabbed her backpack from behind the register. “See you after school bye.” She placed the sign on the door before heading out.

“Good bye honey!” her mother called out walking out from the back. She saw her daughter wave through the window before dashing off.

 

“Mari!” Eun Jun called out as soon as she turned back to see her friend running towards the group of high school kids who waited for the local bus.

“The bus isn’t here yet?” Mari called out a bit breathless.

“No, they sure are slow today.” She eyed her watch.

“Hey did you guys finish last week’s assignment?” Cha Min called out to both girls as he moved away from the rest of the crowd.

“You mean that stupid ecosystem thing?” Eun Jun commented before answering a text on her phone. “Yeah, I finished my part of the assignment.”

“Yeah so did I.” Mari answered.

Cha Min smiled at Mari, “It is obvious you would Mari. You are very productive unlike some people I know.” He eyed Eun Jun.

She felt his stare on her making her feel annoyed, she looked up at him. “Why do you always give me that stare? Who the hell says I’m not productive?!” she hit his arm with her purse.

“I didn’t say you specifically bimbo,” he fixated his glasses. “I just said some people. It is ok, I should have known better that you don’t listen to every word that comes out of my mouth. You are just one of those people that only hear what they want to hear.” He patted Eun Jun’s hair. “It’s ok I forgive you.”

“Ugh you stupid jerk!” she began to hit him with her bag repeatedly but he just turned away obviously unaffected. “Face me like a man Chi Cha Min!” she yelled while people just watched the two of them and snickered. “Mari, help me beat him up!” she turned to see Mari was giggling as well. “You are worthless Mari!” she groaned giving up.

Soon enough the city bus appeared and everyone began to ascend and descend the stairs.

Mari noticed Cha Min’s arm out in her direction. “Shall we my lady?” he expected her to take it as he flashed a small smile her way.

Mari giggled, “We shall.” She gratefully wrapped her arm around his and they began to enter the bus while Eun Jun just glumly followed behind.

 

Class C-3            Environmental Studies

Mari and Eun Jun both sat down in their partner station while Cha Min passed them onto his own station with some other girl in the back.

Students talked and hanged all over while both girls sat quietly so Mari just turned by instinct seeing some kids sitting on the table, making paper airplanes, gossiping and texting on their phones. She spotted Cha Min helping his partner on a problem for another class.

Cha Min felt Mari’s eyes on him so he looked up at her station and noticed that she was. He gave her a small smile making Mari blush and turn away, he smirked. ‘I like when she is nervous…I don’t think she realizes just how cute she looks.’

“Oppa what about number 23?” the girl’s voice brought his attention back to her.

“Ok, let’s take a look.” He grabbed the workbook inspecting the problem.

“Why are you fawning over that jerk?” Eun Jun asked glumly with her eyes closed while she had her head laid on the desk.

“What?” Mari asked trying to brush it off by taking out her finished assignment and giving it a review to see if everything was ready and nothing was unfinished.

“Do you like Chi Cha Min?” she asked bluntly this time with her eyes open.

“We-” Mari tried to think. “We are all friends.” She gave Eun Jun an assuring smile before turning back to her project.

“Right,” she nodded. “Right we will just go with that.” Eun Jun took her project out and let it slam on the table before letting her head fall on it.

“Yah,” Mari began as she looked at her friend shuffle in her seat. “Did you sleep at all last night?”

“Shush! I did my whole project all night. I…need…”

Mari waited for Eun Jun’s answer. She shook her friends arm a bit only to get a snore from Eun Jun’s lips as a response. “Ugh,” Mari just looked forward at the dry erase board.

Class C-3 E.S.

          Turn in assignment!

          Friday Surprise!

“Friday Surprise?” Mari looked at the words in confusion. ‘What the heck does that mean?’

“Good Morning class!” Teacher Dok entered his classroom and immediately kids got in their seats. “Today is the day to turn in last week’s project flower scrapbooks!” he grabbed a small plastic box and waved it in front of the first station as the students turned in their scrapbooks.

“Kids,” Teacher Dok began excitedly while students still turned in their assignments in the box. “I have told this only once last week of a surprise does anyone remember what I said that last Friday?” students just stared at him with blank expressions. “Ugh, really?” he went to the front of the class.

“I guess I have no choice but to say it again.” The box passed to Mari as she put inside her assignment along with Eun Jun’s who still snored on her desk. “I precisely said that next Friday we were going to have a surprise trip! I also said that your parents were going to be sent through the mail forms about the two day trip-”

“Two day trip!” Sandeul stood up from his desk alarmed.

“Lee Sandeul sit your down! I’m still not done talking and you interrupted.” He slowly sat back down into his chair. “As I was saying, I sent letters of every detail of this trip to all of your parents how could you guys not know what is going on?”

“I don’t share with my parents.” A student called out.

“Yeah I don’t read mail anymore, I read emails.” A girl commented.

“I don’t remember hearing of a two day trip.”

“My parents are at the Bahamas.”

“My grandmother receives the mail!”

“I wonder if I fed the dog today?”

All the students began to speak at once making the room grow loud with talking.

“Ok, ok!” Teacher Dok settled them down. “Who cares because I received the permission slips back and every one of your parents approved you are all going!”

“What!” kids began to grumble.

“Sandeul,” the teacher called out to him while students kept talking over one another. “I talked to your parents. They were on board with this, almost surprised they had a kid.”

Sandeul just looked spaced out, “My parents forgot they had me?”

“When does this even happen?” a girl asked Teacher Dok.

“Oh today.” Teacher Dok answered receiving whining and complains. “Guys I had a feeling you were all stupid enough to not check your mail but lucky you are given permission to get home during lunch time to get a preparation suitcase so quit your whining and you have no choice you are all going. Well, don’t blame me, all parents were pretty happy to get rid of all of you this Saturday.” He snorted at the thought.

“Really ugh,” a guy let his head bang on his desk while students began to complain again.

“My mommy forgot she gave birth to me?!” Sandeul looked like he was about to cry.

“Ok Sandeul get over it. Guys you have no escape to this and if you try to get out of it or not show up after lunch is over you will receive a punishment this following Monday. Are we clear?”

“CLEAR!” students responded.

“Great we will all have a great time in the outdoors together! Class FIGHTING!” Teacher Dok pumped his fist in the air. Sandeul still whimpered to himself. “Sandeul seriously dude get over it.” Teacher Dok handed him a box of tissues.

So how did you guys like this chapter? I promise the action and everything will start soon don’t you guys worry! Plus this trip is only the beginning honest!

Oh! And the Sandeul thing just came with the flow but really how sad he has been forgotten by his own parents’ poor thing! Oh well at least he has us let’s give this Hubby some love=) in the next chapter where the TRIP FINALLY BEGINS! Hope you all readers look forward to it!

Also if you like my story please let me in know because I would feel bad if I just see people view my story but not give me a subscribe or at least put a comment that you like or something. It just makes me feel like you are just reading but not really interested in the rest of my story…it saddens me=(

Oh well~ until next chapter! (Remember dear Readers you are all my drive to keep this story going since I write as I go! Each chapter or update relies on yall!)