He's Still Here For Me:' | part one - the day i found out

my high school life - in one shots
It's been almost 2 weeks since I lost my friend, and I felt a little uncomfortabe for writing this chapter - but it did give me good memories so I decided to write it out. I'm not going to substitute my friends names with korean names except for the main's friends and the main, who is the guy i still like...
 
                                                    
 
 
     "Wil - what's up with you?" I was shocked seeing Wil with a gaunt look on his face. "You look dead." Usually he greets me with a smile when 7th period starts.
     He then look at me, he was appalled at my choice of words, but he already figured why I was like that. "You don't know, do you?"
     "Know what?" I was puzzled. Wil sighed, pausing and hesitating to tell me, knowing I would be astonished at his next words.
 
     "Vern died last night."
 
     My face fell. "What?"
     Wil struggled but managed to make the story short enough. "His dad hid a gun inside of a teddy bear, took it out while he was arguing with his mom and fired six times. Vern was shot first as he and his brother were protecting his mom. His mom screamed for his sisters and cousin to run away. Thankfully they did and are with relatives now, but the rest were shot and killed. His father was arrested and is being held without bail as of right now."
     I tried to speak up with a word - anything to respond to that - but I found no sound emitting from my mouth. My eyes immediately began to water.
     To this day, I still don't understand how I was able to go on with my class without a tear actually falling from my face.
 
     Luckily, 7th period was the last class of the day, so when the bell rang, I immediately walked out of the classroom to Asian Club. My friend Drew was already there and saw my eyes. He walked to me and gave me a hug. I let go and turned toward the door. I couldn't cry yet. Not until I saw my best friend first.
     It didn't take long because the instant I walked outside, she was right there.
     "You know too, huh?" Ana grimaced. I grabbed her into a hug and finally let my tears out. She tightened the hug and tried to soothe me as she cried too. "Shh, shh - it's ok. He wouldn't want us to cry."
     "This is so unfair," I managed to speak without blubbering. "I can't believe this happened." We then headed to ROTC's classroom. She held onto my hand, knowing I had a history of fainting. My tears continued to stream down my cheeks.
     My other best friend Karen was inside with the rest of our friends, laughing at another one of L's jokes. When she saw me, she just automatically understood and grabbed me into a hug. I started sobbing into her shoulders as Ana had to explain the bad news to Carolyn, another of my best friends, who then began to cry silently. The classroom was silent, even though there were so many fellow cadets in there, except for my unstoppable sobbing. They were in complete and utter shock to see me - the iron-strong tomboy who didn't give a what others said - in tears.
     The girls hurried me out of the classroom so the guys could stop staring at me. I didn't learn until now that it was because they thought I was adorable when I cried. My face had a sarcastic "Really?" plastered on it when my friends told me.
     We sat down outside near the classroom, the girls surrounding me and holding my hands, when Carolyn saw HIM walking with his friends. His friends, of course because they knew me, were surprised to see me cry.
     "What's wrong with Jen?" Taemin smiled cutely, trying to cheer me up. I kinda figured that he must already know because Vern did the same thing.
     "A friend of ours passed away last night," Carolyn explained it short and sweet.
     "Oh, my god - I am so sorry!" Kibum ran straight to Ana to comfort her. Everyone, except for me because I was still crying, smiled and chuckled, "Smooth, Key. Smooth..." to ourselves. We all knew that Kibum really liked Ana. The funny thing was that Ana didn't - and yet she liked him too.
     The guys ended up huddling around me to try and comfort me. Jinki tried the Onew condition, but the epic fail didn't help me. Jonghyun sang to me "Hwasal", knowing it was one of my favorite songs. Taemin then began to dance for me, thinking it could distract me. Their kind gestures only made me cry even more - because HE had already left. They had already figured out why in a split second.
     "Girl - forget about Minho!" Ana groaned. I guess she didn't notice Kibum was holding her. In a way, she's the Key in our group, which is why we want them to date already. "You keep liking that doofus even when there are other guys that like you - why don't you give them a chance?"
     "But - " I couldn't finish my argument. I knew she was right because Minho and I havn't been as close as we used to be.  In the past, everyone thought we should have been dating because of how we made each other feel, but for some reason, he decided to not talk to me as much. I had no problem because I figured he needed to hang out with guys more... I missed him, though. He doesn't even hug me anymore or say hi unless our friends are there. Ugh... of all people - why do I love him?
 
                                              
 
sigh... this is only part one of this oneshot. don't worry. i'm posting the next one up soon.