Of waiting and capital letters

Always with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Of waiting and capital letters

When Kwon Jiyong stepped out of the recording booth, he was suspicious to see a -eating grin on his best friend's face. "What?"

Yongbae clapped him on the shoulder and shoved his phone into his hands. His eyes widened. Did she...? As if reading his mind, the other nodded. "Yes, and I had the pleasure of talking to her for a few minutes. She sounds really sweet over the phone, by the way..."

Jiyong didn't even think of getting irritated because the other answered the call; he was just too excited to hear what she said. "And?"

Seungri, who was unfortunately listening in on the conversation behind the leader, finally couldn't contain his curiosity. "Ok, who exactly are we talking about here, hyung? A girl?"

Jiyong ignored him and dragged YB to a corner, much to the other members' interest. In the background, Seungri wailed in despair as Daesung patted his back consolingly. "What did she say?" It was getting increasingly hard to refrain from speaking in capital letters. If YB doesn't start talking in the next second...

YB looked proud of himself as he crossed his arms over his chest. "She said she was surprised by the note you gave, and if possible, she would like to meet you to explain herself."

Jiyong resisted the urge to pump his fist in the air. YB looked smug enough as it is. "Ok. I'll go call her right now." He didn't even care how desperate he sounded. Jiyong wondered why he was so enamored with the girl...

"Oh." His eyebrow furrowed at YB's sheepish tone. The dancer sighed and looked at him apologetically. "I was trying to save her number on your phone, but I... well... I accidentally deleted the call log."

Jiyong saw red. "WHAT?!?!"

The other members and Teddy-hyung glanced at them in surprise, the latter looking ready to intervene if necessary.

YB raised his hands in front of him in surrender. "I know! I'm sorry! I have no excuse except for the fact it's an Android phone, but I did tell her you'll meet her at Busan Tower at seven," he blurted out.

"Seven," Jiyong repeated. "You do mean seven tomorrow morning right?"

"Well, I know how much you want to see her, so... seven tonight?"

Jiyong closed his eyes, his fists clenching as he did the math on his head. It was already four in the afternoon. The flight takes an hour, and there is a short drive from the airport to Yongdusan Park. So he just needs to know... "What's the soonest trip to Busan?" You better help me with this, Bae, or so help me...

"The earliest flight to Busan is at 5:00 PM with Korea Air. I already booked a seat for you, first class," YB answered promptly, obviously done with his research. Jiyong couldn't help but be grateful that his friend had already made preparations for him.

He gave a half-smile and shook his head almost fondly. "I couldn't be angry at you properly when you do these things. Ok, I'm going now." He started walking towards the exit doors until TOP called out to him.

"Jiyong, we're supposed to have a session with IKON in a few minutes."

He didn't even break his stride as he waved a hand dismissively. "Bae will cover for me." Then he was gone.

When the doors closed behind him, all eyes turned to the aforementioned member. "I think," TOP said slowly. "You should start talking now."

&

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kwon. The 5 o'clock flight was cancelled due to technical issues."

NO NO NO NO. "When's the next flight?" Control yourself. You're a public figure. Do not shout at people who are only doing their jobs. No capitals.

"The only trip we have tonight is at 8 PM, but we don't have any more seats in first class. Would you still..." The woman swallowed nervously as she saw his expression. "Um, I'll see what I can do."

I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF SEAT IT IS. I HAVE TO BE ON THAT FLIGHT. "Thank you for your help."

How will she know I'll be late? Call me. Please please call me.

&

Gimhae International Airport, 9:10 PM

"OHMYGOD IS THAT GDRAGON?!"

. Look away and start walking briskly. I'm already late and she hasn't called again. Is she still there?

"I LOVE YOU GDRAGON!"

"PLEASE MARRY ME!"

"PLEASE SIGN THIS! I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!"

Camera lights flashed. He looked up and saw a mob of fans waiting for him at the exit, with airport security personnel holding them off. A man in uniform stepped up to him and flashed an ID. "Good evening, Mr. Kwon. I'm Lee Byeong-su, head security of this airport. Please follow me to our VIP lounge. We'll work on dispersing the crowds quickly."

Jiyong looked at the growing crowd of fans and reluctantly followed the officer.

Wait for me.

&

9:45 PM

"Thank you for patiently waiting, Mr. Kwon." THE HELL I'M PATIENT! "We have secured a discreet vehicle for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter