Of late night responsibilities

Always with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been three days.

For the nth time, Dara found her eyes drifting to the piece of stationery on her bedside table.

You should take responsibility for this. Call me-

She shook her head, blushing furiously just thinking about it. When she gave out Kwon Jiyong's name on that short interview with Showbiz Korea, it had never crossed her mind that he will hear it. It was just... she really really liked his songs.

You should take responsibility for this. Call me-

Groaning in frustation at the repetitive voice in her head, she grabbed the note and her cellphone, her fingers dialing the number without conscious thought (she quickly memorized the phone number- just in case the note gets lost, or something... not that she was desperate. Right.). The call rang once, twice... and then she hung up quickly, losing her nerve.

You should take responsibility for this. Call me-

"AAAARGGGGH! Why did you have to do that, Kwon Jiyong?!" she screamed into her pillow.

She was just fine living her life as a quiet fan - buying all his albums (both the group and solo ones), watching all his live performances on TV, and daydreaming of the occasional fantasy of a future together. But this- him trying to make contact- it was... Dara couldn't quite explain it in words. She sighed and threw the abused pillow to the foot of her bed.

Why are things so complicated?

It's already been three days, she told herself. He could have forgotten about the note already, and I'll probably just embarrass myself... She nodded. That totally makes sense, right?

It's been a while since the interview though, and he looked for you. He could still be waiting for your call... a treacherous part of her mind whispered.

"AAAARGGGGH! NOOOOOOOOO!"

The door to her room opened, and Sanghyun poked his head inside. "Noona, it sounds like you're being tortured."

She shot up in bed and glared at him. "Gaettong-ah! This is all your fault!"

Her brother rolled his eyes and stepped inside the room fully, making a beeline for her desk. "You should just call him and get it over with."

"I can't just... get over this..." she mumbled distractedly, her eyes going back to The Note. And yes, it deserves capital letters for all the trouble it's causing her. When she heard the rustling of pages and saw Sanghyun going through her personal notebooks, she threw her forgotten pillow at him. "And you don't just come inside a lady's room uninvited!"

"Uh-huh. I'll start doing that when you stop calling me that ridiculous nickname," he countered, easily sidestepping the flying projectile.

She paused. "Ok, just come whenever you want then, Gaettong-ah."

He scowled at her. "You're really weird, Noona."

"Gaettong-ah~"

"Ugh. I wonder why I even bother. Just call the guy. He's probably waiting for you."

Her head shot up in surprise, hope filling her eyes. "Did he tell you that?"

He raised an eyebrow at her. "You had me tell you everything thrice so no, I just have a feeling."

"Noooooo~ your 'feeling' is not enough. What if he's just playing with me?"

"Wow. I'm hurt, noona. It was just one very short note. How could he be playing you already? It's not like he has a history of stringing along girls, right?" he deadpanned.

"You're NOT helping!" She buried her face in her pillow again. "And Jiyong's not like that," she added.

Sensing that his sister was really frustrated and near tears, Sanghyun sighed and sat beside her prone form on the bed.  "Noona," he started. "From my limited interaction with the guy, he was always scowling and seemed grumpy as hell." At her glare, he just shrugged. "Well, that's what I thought."

"Just go away," she sniffled.

"But the only time he showed any interest," he continued. "...was when he heard your name. I don't think a guy like that will play with you at all. And besides, the worst he could do is ignore you, right? After that, you can finally stop your obsession with him."

She sniffled again. "But Gaettong-ah, I don't want him to ignore me..."

He rolled his eyes in exasperation. Maybe he really was the older one between the two of them... "I'm only saying the possible outcomes, noona. At best, he will confess to you for some reason and you guys will live happily ever after. End of story." Sanghyun grinned. "If you do get together, you SO o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter