Always

Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n at the end

 

Jimin falls onto his bed, grimacing at the cold, slightly damp sheets. He wishes Taehyung had stayed. ‘Irrational’ he thinks to himself, but he wants it all the same. He pulls the comforter up higher, snuggling into it as much as he can before reaching up to flick the lamp off. He fiddles with his too-quiet phone for a long time, reminiscing about the times he used to curl up into Taehyung’s body (much, much warmer than the chilly bed), and Taehyung’s chest, his favorite pillow, thrumming with life under his head, and his fingers, Jimin’s hair whenever he s his arms around Taehyung's torso in the middle of the night, unconsciously. Okay, well.. Jimin grins to himself. To be completely honest, half the time he was fully aware of what he was doing, what he wanted. But the only time he was bold enough to act on those feelings was in the deep of the night, when the air was laced with sleep and silence. He couldn’t bring himself to hug Taehyung so tightly, in bed at that, his hands entwined across his best friend’s abdomen, his face buried into Taehyung’s back, when he was wide awake. Especially when he wasn’t sure how Taehyung would react... although if the way Taehyung’s breath hitched every time was any sign, Jimin could make an educated guess about how far the whole thing could go. But he hadn’t been all too willing to venture into that kind of uncharted territory.

It was suffocating, not being able to come to terms with his feelings, becoming honest only when he was drunk on his dreams with Taehyung’s body flush against his. But Taehyung had never said anything. And neither had he. He couldn’t.

But this was as far as he could go. As far as they could both go. He had to face his feelings dead on. Jimin sighs deeply and stretches out on the cold bed. He wants Taehyung. That much is true. And it scares the living hell out of him.

 

Damn. He isn’t getting any sleep tonight.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Taehyung had said he would call, Jimin was expecting it to be the next day. The next morning at the earliest. He doesn’t expect to wake up at 3 in the morning (oh, he actually fell asleep?), groaning at the obnoxious ringtone Taehyung had set for him last year and cursing at himself for forgetting to set his phone on vibrate. He s at his nightstand blindly before snatching the humming device and sleepily pulling it to his ear, rolling onto his side so his face isn’t smushed against the cold screen.

“Tae...” he yawns, “what-”

“Open the door.” Click.

Jimin blinks. Once, twice, thrice. Wait what? Open..? The door? It takes him a good ten seconds to process the request, but when he does, he jumps out of bed, stumbling over haphazardly strewn clothing, and half runs half skids across the carpet to yank the door open.

“Um.” Jimin opens the door to a fidgeting Taehyung who walks in, brushing past him without so much as a ‘hello’ or ‘sorry for the intrusion,’ or even the welcome explanation of ‘hey, the reason why I’m at your house at 3 in the morning is…’

By the time Jimin closes the door, Taehyung is plopped on his couch, tugging at his coat sleeve and running his hands through his hair. A complete nervous wreck.

“Tae.” Taehyung looks up at him, expression a sorry muddle of conflicting emotions.

“What.. what are you doing here?”

“Jimin.” He pauses and his lips. “I.. Um. Something. Something.. I have to... ask you.. I have something to ask you…?”

Jimin stares at him, disbelief and exasperation plain on his face. It definitely wasn’t the first time Taehyung had come over at odd hours in the morning. But then again, the other times they hadn’t kissed a few hours prior. What the hell.

“Spit it out, Tae. It’s 3 in the morning if you haven’t noticed, and I was having a ing fantastic dream until ‘Let’s Go to the Mall’ so rudely woke me up.”

Jimin bites back the rest of his complaints when he notices Taehyung is barely listening, not even fazed by his snappy remark. Weird.

“Tae..?” he tries again, a little softer this time.

Taehyung stands up from the couch and walks across the room to stand in front of Jimin.

“Jimin-ah..” His hands find Jimin’s and he locks their fingers together, tugging Jimin closer, their faces inches apart. Taehyung closes his eyes, and Jimin can feel his racing pulse through their joined hands. He doesn’t know what’s happening, what’s wrong, if there even is something wrong, but he can feel how serious Taehyung is, so despite his thoughts screaming and running rampant inside his head, he stays as still as possible.

“If I had to go somewhere…”

Jimin gulps.

“If I had to leave for a while..”

What.. why?

Taehyung opens his eyes to stare into Jimin’s.

“Would you wait for me?”

Oh.

Oh.

“Oh.”

“Would yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter