Ramen

Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Enjoy the book!” Taehyung says, sliding over the filled plastic bag to the girl at the counter, who blushes slightly as she accidentally brushes her fingers against his. Taehyung grins.

“Come back soon, ‘kay?” he laughs, throwing a wink at the same time. ‘Girls are so easy to read’ he thinks as the girl, obviously flustered and blushing like mad, grabs the bag and hurriedly leaves the line, running into the guy behind her and almost dropping the contents of her bag.

“Hey, ya okay?” the guy asks, catching the books just in time to return them to the poor girl. He peers into her face and can’t conceal a smirk when he catches the look - pink cheeks, wide eyes, and completely head-over-heels - he’s seen too much lately, basically every time he comes to this bookstore. Her hands almost slip again as she mumbles a barely audible ‘thank you’ before bending over to keep the rest of her purchase from falling out again and shuffling away to the door.

“Jeeeeez Jimin, your face is scaring my customers away,” groans Taehyung as he waves Jimin away.

Jimin rolls his eyes. “Pft, what customers.. you close in like 2 minutes.. and why the hell are you always picking on those poor girls?”

Taehyung’s eyes widen in mock surprise. “Picking on? Girls? Me?”

Jimin rolls his eyes again and shoves past Taehyung, making his way behind the counter.

“Shut up and give me some ramen.”

“I’m not your damn refrigerator. The convenience store is right across the street,” Taehyung frowns, turning to face him. Jimin ignores him, instead plopping down onto Taehyung’s chair and propping his feet up on the counter as if he owns the place, and Taehyung finds himself fighting the urge to squeeze onto the chair next to him, resorting to perching on the chair arm and shooting him an annoyed glance.

“I mean, you probably make bank after swindling so much money out of all those innocent girls, right?” Jimin laughs, raising his arms to no avail as Taehyung swats at him mercilessly.

“See, you can’t deny it though, can you?” Jimin says, reaching his hand under the counter, evading Taehyung’s second barrage of hits and grabbing an instant ramen from the haphazardly stacked stash only they know about. Jimin springs up, shimmying away from Taehyung’s hands and heading toward the back of the store to boil water, throwing a sarcastic smirk at Taehyung before dodging the book that Taehyung half-heartedly throws at him.

Taehyung heaves a sigh and lifts himself off the chair, now unsteady without Jimin’s weight in it and shuffles over to pick up the book he knows Jimin will probably trip over coming back. He shakes his head slightly, and chuckles softly, ‘the extent to which I go for that idiot..”

“Doesn’t it tire ya out? Flirting all the time?” Jimin’s voice carries to Taehyung, who absentmindedly returns to the counter, beginning to rearrange the ramen cups. ‘Tiring..’ Taehyung contemplates the word briefly before turning away to hide his grimace when he sees Jimin returning, bowl to his lips and ramen half gone.

“What the hell happened to being on a diet?” Taehyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter