NINE

Purebloods: Dormant
Please log in to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 9

 

The doorbell of the cafe rang indicating a new customer arrived. Maya looked up to welcome the customer and realized its the regular customer.

“Good Afternoon, Minseok-ssi.” she greeted with a bright smile. Maya was again left alone in front, her co-workers somewhere hiding in the crew room.

“Hey Maya!” he greeted back. Behind him is a shorter man with a sharper and edgy features, a handsome man in other words.

“Ah. By the way this is my friend, Jongdae.” he introduced him as he gestured his friend in front of her.

“Hi, I’m Jongdae” he introduced himself, giving her his cheeky smile, turning his eyes into a crescent moon shape. His hand extended towards her and she accepted as he shook hands with him. His hands feeling a little too soft for a man’s hand made Maya’s face blush.

“She’s pretty.” He whispered to Minseok who laughed shyly, covering his face in secondhand embarrassment.

“So, I’d bet you want Medium cappuccino sub cream and Medium americano with double cream single sugar?” Maya confirmed their order as she listed the order on the till. Maya looked back to them and smiled brightly, her hazel brown eyes shining as if saying ‘I got you’. Chen stared in awe at her and wondered if she just read his mind.

“How did you know I wanted my americano with double cream and single sugar? Did you do a background check on me?!” he shrieked in amazement. It was his first time ordering from her and for her to know his coffee preference is amazing, amazingly creepy.

“I ordered it for you last time remember? She probably memorized it.” Minseok facepalmed at his friend’s density and said as he put a hand on his friend’s shoulder to calm him.

“But that was two weeks ago! How did you even remember that?!”

“I have great memory skills that’s why. Especially when it’s about coffees.” She said as she made their coffee.

“So, have you worked in a cafe before?” Jongdae asked, curious.

“Yup. I’ve worked at Starbucks for a couple of years when I was in college.”

“Let me gues. you didn’t grew up here in Korea right?”

“Well, I think that’s obvious but yes, I’ve lived in Canada almost my entire life.”

“Really? But you’re Korean right? Can you not speak Korean? or even understand a bit?”

“Yeah, I’m Korean but we moved to Canada when I was 7 years old. And no, I cannot speak nor understand Korean.” she explained to him.

Please log in to read the full chapter