My Favourite Unnie

The Pink Panda Papers [Oneshot Collection]

Hey, you all right, darling? You seemed really down this afternoon.

I'm okay. Just really tired.

Maybe you should take the day off tomorrow? I'll take you out for cake and tea and walks. Okay?

I don't want to, unnie. You know I need the money.

Nonsense, you have me, what do you need all that money for, anyway? Go ask your boss for a day off.

Okay unnie, I'll see you tonight.

Love you, Naeunnie.

----

Sighing, Naeun slipped the phone back into her pocket, smoothing down the front of her apron as she stood up.

'Naeun, where are you? We need help out here!'

'I'm on the way, hang on, boss.'

Letting out yet another tired sigh, Naeun stepped carefully among the mess of bags and supplies to the bar of the cafe.

----

'Another caramel macchiato!'

'On it, boss.'

'Would you like whipped cream with your drink, sir?'

'We have a new drink, its a tea latte, would you like to try it, sir?'

'Enjoy your drink sir, I hope to see you again!'

Naeun bowed as the last of this group of customers exited the cafe, letting out a soft sigh of relief.

'Naeunnie! Are you alright? This group was rough.' This was Eunji, walking up to the slightly younger girl and patting her head gently as Naeun giggled. 

'Before you even ask me where maknae ran off to, Hayoung went to the backroom and fell asleep. She was studying last night and now she looks exhausted.'

'Well, she looked exhausted even before that group of customers came in. Can she go home early, is Bomi coming soon?'

'Ah... Hayoung will go home soon, Namjoo's here, and she say its okay for her to start early.'

'Oh, that good then...' Naeun trailed off before her vision blurred. She fell forward and was caught by a pair of feminine hands, holding onto her securely.

'Do you mind getting someone else to tend to the store? I'll make sure she gets home safely.' This voice blurred out as her vision turned to black.

'Hello, darling'

Groaning, Naeun rolled over, her eyes fluttering open to the sight of a concerned, familiar face.

'You okay, baby?' 

'What happened...?'

'You were really tired and you fell over, so I got you home and Eunji managed to drag Bomi to work even earlier. But Bomi doesn't blame you, and she called to say get well soon.'

'Oh.. But won't my manager get angry..?'

'Don't worry about that right now, we'll look after that when you're done.'

'Thank you, unnie.'

'Hey, don't worry about it, I'm always here for you, don't forget.'

'Unnie, can I get cuddles?

'Sure.' With that, Chorong lifted a side of the blanket, slipping into Naeun's bed and nuzzling the younger's cheek.

'Unnie, you're my favourite.'

'You're always my favourite, baby.' Chorong giggled and Naeun's cheek.

'Keep on resting, I'll be right here with you.'

'I love you.'

'I love you too, darling Naeunnie.'

 

------

I tried my best. ; A ;