High School Heartthrobs

The Pink Panda Papers [Oneshot Collection]

'You really shouldn't have done that, lil' smartie.'

'Well, you went ahead and dared me, so I just did what you dared me to do, dummy.'

'Yeah.. well... fine.' 

Throwing his arms up in the air in defeat, Taehyung turned away and stalked off to the other end of the classroom, where the rest of his friends waited.

'Well, she got you there, brother.'

'Shut up'

'I was just saying...'

'Curvy, just stop it, I don't want to even hear a word right now.'

'Oookaaay. If you say so, boss. I'm gonna hit the washroom for a bit;

Shrugging, Taehyung's good friend put his hands behind his head, walking out of the classroom whistling.

'Why does she always do this to me?'

--

*flashback, ten years ago*

'I told you, I would do it if you dared me. so now I'm going to get in trouble with you and have detention.'

'Well, this wouldn't have happened if you didn't tell anyone about the prank we told.'

'Like I said, you dared me to do it, so I did it and now we're in trouble.'

'Can you just shut up, please?'

'Well, I would if you would stop arguing.'

Letting out a growl of frustration, Taehyung turned towards the younger girl, slamming both hands onto her table hard.

'I said, keep quiet!'

He instantly regretted it.

'I... I'm sorry.'

As he watched, Hayoung managed a little whimper before standing up abruptly, nearly running out of the classroom.

He had double detention that day.

'But I didn't scare her, I swear!'

'Can you explain to me why Miss Oh came running into my office crying?'

'I...'

'Can't explain? There has to be a reason for her crying.'

'I slammed my hands on the table....'

'Is that all, Mister Kim?'

'Yes, Professor Wan.'

'Well, Mister Kim, you obviously need more time to reflect on your actions. Double detention for you.'

'But-'

'No buts, Mister Kim.'

--

'Well, at least I didn't scare her half to death this time..' he muttered to himself, walking along to the classroom slated for detention.

'Why won't she realise....' he sighed, looking into the classroom to find it devoid of people, his mind whirling around the fact that somehow, some way, he had started to like the girl that always told on him to teachers, and always seemed to be ready to argue with him over even the smallest matters.

'Alone. Again.' pushing open the door, Taehyung walked straight to the back of the classroom, dropping his bag onto the table before sitting down onto the chair, trying to mentally prepare himself for another two hours of waiting in detention.

--

Back in her homeroom, Hayoung looked up from the notes arrayed on her desk, sighing softly.

'I'm so tired...'

'Do you want to take a break, Hayoungie?' Megan, her study mate asked.

'I want to take a walk, I guess..' standing up and stretching, Hayoung yawned, stepping away from her desk and walking to the classroom door.

'You do that, you've been a little off recently.'

'I don't know why though, do I like him? Maybe? Just maybe? But maybe he doesn't like me at all, I argue with him all the time and...'speaking as she exited the classroom, Hayoung walked slowly down the classroom corridor, looking into the classroom and stopping short her talking to herself as she stared into the classroom.

Right there, in the classroom, was Taehyung. Gingerly walking to the door, Hayoung almost carefully entered the classroom, looking up at the slightly older person.

'Hello..?'

'What are you doing in school still, kid?'

'Well, I needed to study.'

'So why are you here right now and not buried in your books, hm?'

'Well, I was tired..?' Taking a seat next to Taehyung, Hayoung crossed her legs, resting her hands on her knee.

'Do you want to talk about it, hm?' turning towards Hayoung, he put his legs onto the table, waiting for her answer.

'I... I don't know, I just can't concentrate properly, and I just keep thinking....'

'Thinking about..?'

'Somebody.'

'Okay, do you want to talk about that person?'

'Well, he's not a good student, but he's nice to his classmates, and he makes mistakes, but is careful not to repeat them'

'Sounds pretty nice, why do you keep thinking about him?'

'Well.... I think I like him.'

'Oh, really now? A little bookworm likes someone? Thats new?'

'Uh huh. Is it that surprising.?'

'Well...' Taehyung felt a warm flush colour his cheeks and nodded slowly.

'I think I like you, Oh Hayoung. I don't know when it started, but I think you're pretty and perfect, and maybe, just maybe, you can give me a chance to take you out to lunch or something, just.. give me a chance?'

'I...' Hayoung stuttered a little, her head bowed down a little in embarrassment.

'Okay.'

 

 

 

--------

Author's note: This isn't my best piece, but I wanted to get this out before I left overseas. I haven't written anything in ages, I'm so sorry. I'll try to do better next time o n o

 

Love, Frosted.