Miss Right

The Pink Panda Papers [Oneshot Collection]

Well, to put it frankly, she was a really really really pretty girl.
And he was, at the very least, smoking hot, for a boy.
What would you expect? They aren't close, no.

Far from close.

A smart, pretty girl and a hot, nearly equally intelligent boy.
Of course, they'd always be at loggerheads at each other.
From when they were babies, even. That was such a popular story over the dinner table.

LIttle baby Hayoung's neighbours heard about her birth.
Like all good neighbours, they brought their own baby boy over to visit.
Well, she got bonked on the head good. By the boy, obviously.

As the two of them grew up, they became.... want to take a guess?
Its something that anyone would expect, putting a boy and a girl together like that.
Its pretty obvious. They became the greatest of foes.

They went to kindergarden, together, obviously.
Hayoung was a little tall for her age, the other kids didn't like that.
They pushed her around a little, made fun of her.

Until Taehyung realised what was happening, that oaf.
He walked up to them when they were pushing her around, pushed all of them into the dirt.
And like that, they never ever bullied Hayoung for the rest of kindergarden.

Then primary school, went off without a hitch, which was unexpected, according to their moms.
But their secondary school years, wow, that was interesting.
A little too interesting, thats for sure.

For one, Taehyung got to know a little too much about girl anatomy.
While walking along with Hayoung along the classroom corridor before P.E
Right into the girl's bathroom without realising it.

That was a really awkward situation, but not for Hayoung.
She did what you'd expect any girl would do if a guy friend made a dumb mistake like that.
Run away laughing like a maniac, of course.

Well, that was just one episode in their four year adventure in school.
Crazy adventures downtown, Hayoung getting lost in back streets and calling Taehyung to come save her.
And smacking him on the head because he took so long.

Also, against all expectations, he was her date on the night of her graduation.
And I tell you, his knees definitely went all wobbly when he went to pick up up.
That little black number was something he'd never forget in a hurry, thats for sure.

Then they went to college and they had to split up for different dorms, and Hayoung mother enlisted him.
As a private eye for her to make sure that her little girl wasn't doing anything wrong.
Well, but all that changed in their second year in college.

Nah, it wasn't something bad or anything, just surprising.
Taehyung was just walking back home from a late night run when he saw her strolling down the park trail alone
Stopping at that tree where they carved a little sign, back when they were in primary school.

'ohy, kth, bffl' was what was written.
More importantly, she also said something, something really really special.
'I want you to be more important to me than just a friend, oppa.'

Well, he turned and ran. And ran and ran and ran, all the way back to his dormitory, dug out his phone.
Sent her a text. Just one more, a really special one among the thousands that have come between them.
'Hey, wanna go on a date? We could watch a movie together or something?'

'I'd love to.'