PART 2

On Rainy Days

Numb

That was the only thing she could feel the moment she saw him. Part of her was happy to see him; despite the sad memories he left her; and part of her was disappointed.

How could he come and go as he like? How could he show up after hurting her like that? How could she still, after all those things he had done, hope for something to spark again? Although part of her was happy, she still couldn’t forgive him for everything he had done to hurt her; intentionally or not.

It’s just that the time we spent together is a little sharp

Tears blurred her vision and she blinked, refusing to use her hand to wipe it away. From the spot he was standing, there was no way he could see her tears. Little did she knew, he saw the tears staining her cheeks.

After a moment of hesitating, she went back inside the house and ran down to the first floor. She took an umbrella before rushing out from the house, running under the heavy rain. Worry clouded her eyes involuntarily as she saw his pale face in front of her; clothes and hair wet.

A resounding pain squeezed her heart seeing him like this. Why was he like this? Wasn’t he the one who let her go and tell her to live a better life? Wasn’t he the one who refuse to fight for whatever left of them? Wasn’t he the one who ignored her calls and made her wait in front of his house under the pouring rain? Then why was he here, standing in front of her house in the heavy rain as if he was waiting for her?

A finger wiped a droplet of tear from her face even though it’s useless. Her eyes fluttered close at his touch. Without realizing, he had leaned closer and captured her lips into a heartwarming, memory-shattering kiss.

I knowingly put my feet into the trap of memories

The memories of their blissful moments, their fights, their reconciliation, and what made them to finally end everything hit her like broken record of old movies. Tears streamed down her face as the rain washed away all her tears like it washed away their love story.

His lips pressed harder on hers but he made sure he didn’t hurt her. She willingly kissed him back as her grip on the umbrella loosened and the umbrella fell down on the hard, wet ground.

And I don’t even make an effort to escape