PART 1

On Rainy Days

The rain droplets hit the window softly, as the man put down his newspaper and went to the window to watch each droplet clearly. His eyes were emotionless and blank, as his soul and mind wandered away.

On rainy days, you come and find me

Happy memories flooded his mind and his lips curled into a small smile before the memories ended abruptly; fading his smile as well. His eyes turned mellow and his fingers grazed the window sadly.

A bitter smile plastered on his face, remembering how idiot he was for pushing her away, away from his life. Now that he looked back, he wanted to beg for forgiveness, to say sorry and get back with her.

But everything is too late. What has been done is done.

It’s just that I kind of regretting it

He finally moved his feet when the rain was getting heavier and walked out from the house, going into the rain. The moment he stepped on the hard concrete, splash of rain water hit him immediately. Not that he minded though. He recalled the time when he let her standing outside the house in the rain; waiting for him to let her in. It was another moment of pure stupidity and selfishness.

Mindlessly, his feet moved forward and dragged his wet body running in the rain. Still in the heavy rain, he arrived at the place both his mind and feet brought him too.

A simple, standard-looking house stood in front of him gloomily because of the rain. He saw the door to the balcony opened and he stood still, feeling numb that he can’t move his feet.

It was as if he was stuck lightly on the ground.

I pull out the vivid memories

A beautiful, long hair woman came into his view and his heartbeat quicken rapidly.

A soft smile appeared on his lips as he watched her looking outside, seemingly to reminisce something. Without a doubt, she must’ve been thinking of him too. The only one who knew about her fancy of rainy days was him.

It was their secret and he didn’t want anyone else to meddle with it.

Her eyes began to wander, and as if she could feel his presence, her eyes fell upon him.

The falling rain makes me feel like I’m falling too