- Lonely

Gym
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the sidewalk, a shadow of a tall skinny boy was seen with his head hung low. He drags his feet across the concrete, making the tiny pebbles dance around. He doesn't care, there's nobody there to judge him anyways.The sidewalk has always been lonely and empty, Taehyun has gotten used to it. He is a regular in walking home alone along the sidewalk, he prefers to be alone and to have peace and quiet. When he's alone, his mind feels at ease, away from all his problems, but he can’t help but to recall what happened at school that morning.


 


 

 

===


 


 

 

"Yo weakling" Taehyun turned around as he heard the voice that he dreaded and have been living with since he entered high school. He looked up to find the face that he has grown used to, not that he wanted to. As he felt that he doesn't need to be there, Taehyun turned and walked away, only to be stopped by that very guy. Lee Seunghoon.

 

The badass. The trouble maker. The famous one among many discipline teachers and at the same time popular among girls with his 'perfectly sharp jawline', 'beautiful thighs' and defined abs hidden under the thin fabric he's wearing.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" "Walking away when someone calls for you, that's a little bit rude dont you think Nam Taehyun? Or are you just too afraid to face me?" Seunghoon perks his head and lets out a forced-laughter after finishing his question. He adds, " I knew it. Weakling"

 

With that, he walked off with his two 'sidekicks', Seungyoon, the quiet one, and Jinwoo, the one who seem to stay by Seunghoon's side a little too much and a little too close. Though Seunghoon doesn't look like he mind. The sight of their backs got smaller and smaller and Taehyun lets out a deep sigh as he continued walking to class, alone.


 

 


 

===

 


 


 

Alone. Alone, The word echoed in Taehyun's mind as he thought how the word 'Alone' really describes his life. Throughout his 17 years of living, never once have he felt contented with what he had, he just felt. Alone. Being an only child and having working parents didn't help. His parents were always working until late into the night or are overseas for business trips. And although that meant Taehyun's family is very rich, he didn't like it. He'd rather be an average family and be able to spend a lot of time together.

 

There's no use in reminiscing over what should've happen, because they didn't, and Taehyun knew that. For him, he only had Oreo, his pet cat. Oreo has been living with him for almost 5 years now. Oreo is who he goes home to, and who he plays with. Just and only Oreo.

 

Taehyun often wondered what it felt like to have someone. A friend, or maybe more. How it feels like to have someone to talk to, how it feels like to know you have someone to confide in and how it feels like to basically have someone who he can call 'mine'. But he knows himself that that would never happen. It’s a struggle for him to even have friends, let alone a significant other.

 

He continued walking, and he continued thinking. As he was staring at the ground, his eyes took sight of his long thin legs. "Oh how frail and weak" he thought. He then brought his eyes up to look at his whole body. First his thighs, his oh so infirm thighs. Then his hands, his arms, and his non-existant biceps specifically. He sighed and quickly tried to stand up to straighten himself but it didn't work. He raised his hands up in frustration and slouched again. He then dragged his heels and continued walking forward.

 

And as if the heavens heard Taehyun's sorrow, he saw a piece of paper lying on the floor, more like a leaflet. He approached it slowly and bent over to pick it up. Blowing away the dust while doing so. He blinked his eyes once. Then he blinked again. His mind got lost when he saw the word 'Gym'. He had never ever thought of joining a Gym course, although he has always, always wanted to change. Change how he look, change how he feels. Because honestly speaking, he just feels weak and useless.

 

Taehyun shook his head to focus again. He skimmed through the whole leaflet, up to down, making sure not to miss any detail. What he got out of it was 'Every Monday and Saturday', '$100 per session' and 'Gym Trainer: Song Mino', He doesn't have extra lessons on Monday and his Saturdays are always free since forever, so that was okay. Second, honestly, he didn't even mind the price because he knows his parents will always give him money if he needs it. 2 down, 1 to go. "Song Mino", interesting name, Taehyun thought.

 

He was definitely getting interested and seeing the contact number at the corner of the leaflet, he whipped his phone out and dialed the number.


 

 


 

===


 


 

 

On the flip side of the state, a pair of toned arms can be seen, working with the equipments in the gym. Mino, also known as Song Mino by some, was, as usual in the gym with his favourite toys and not so favourite people. It was a Saturday yet Mino was yet again having a class with his small group of students. The rest had asked for their course of 8 weeks to be cut short after hearing the news that their trainer Song Mino, has decided to quit soon.

 

Mino was honestly getting bored of his job. He has been a professional gym trainer for almost 3 years now and although he held on to the little faith that he will soon fall in love with his job, he just couldn't. He tried finding joy in coaching his students, he couldn't. He tried feeling happy for those who had benefitted from his courses, he couldn't. He just couldn't.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter