Three

Finding Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once I opened the door, the class was empty. I found a guy sat in the front of the class. He wasn’t from the same batch as mine, but I was sure, I’ve seen him before in my department. And if I'm not mistaken, his name was Kwon Jiyong. He turned his eyes from his thick book to me when I stepped in the class.

“Is it Creative Writing Basic course?” I asked.

“Yeah, you are originally registered this course in this semester, right? Do you have any idea where are the lecturer and other students?” 

“Yes, um.. I’m not sure but I’ll check it,” I nodded and sat beside him in the next two chairs. I checked the class group on messenger application. “Oh my…” I shocked when I saw the messages.

“Don’t tell me…”

“There’s no Creative Writing Basic course for today,” I frowned at the screen. How could I didn’t check the phone before I went to campus. Something like this happened more than once, this wasn’t the first semester. But still, it happened, again, today.

“Regret for coming when actually the class cancelled, huh?”

“Kind of, don’t you?” I bite my lips and looked at the floor. It was a bit awkward to see him, since we didn’t really know each other.

“Not really,” he closed his book and stood up. “Could I have your messenger id? To avoid something like this in the future.”

“Sure.”

He took out his smartphone from his pocket and handed me. I wrote my id, searched. After I saw my profile picture on the screen, I gave the phone back.

“So your name is Sandara Park,” he looked at me on the eyes. “I’m Kwon Jiyong, if you wondering why you rarely see me, I’m on one batch above yours and postponed for one semester.”

He smiled at me before walked out from the class, and I smiled back.

Here I was sat in the empty class. I took a glance of the man’s figure. He bumped into three guys, they were my seniors, and they looked like having a short conversation. Well, how could I never see him? He was quiet popular. Everyone said his English was similar to native speaker. He got high GPA. He even applied for student exchange and accepted by one of the excellent university in Canada. But the rumor said, he didn’t take the opportunity and decided to have a break one semester. I wondered why. If I were him, I wouldn’t waste that gold chance.

However, no matter how good he was. Still, I thought that popular guy like him didn’t respect people and friendship well. They did good things to other people because they were popular, and everyone liked them. Maybe, he wasn’t that good. No body was perfect, after all.

                                                                                                . . .

The smartphone which was lying on the books vibrated repeatedly. I stopped doodling on my book and took the phone.  I found Seunghyun’s name on the frame.

“Dara…” Seunghyun’s husky voice heard different today.

“Yeah? What’s up?”

“Are you fine now?”

“Uh… uh,” he couldn’t understand.

“Let’s have a coffee today!”

“I still have one class to attend.”

“When the class ended?”

“Probably at 02.00 PM.”

“Okay, I’ll pick you up! See you.”

Sometimes I thought he was just too nice. He didn’t suit me. He deserved someone brighter than me.

                                                                                                . . .

My phone vibrated twice, gave me a sign that there was a message. I peek at it while the lecturer wrote something on the board.

Seunghyun 01.52 PM

I’m waiting in front of your faculty.

Sandara 01

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter