Chapter 9

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After send Seil back to her works, checking kitchen utensils and bathroom, I threw myself on the sofa while checking some emails I got from States. There were still some email from States, mostly from my previous client and coworkers in the same building, biding goodbyes and wishing me tons of luck. Yeah I need that one.

 

I got an email from Lee Ria, reminding me when I can start work at the publishing company. She also gave me some update about my book sell. We both become so close after the book release. Sometimes she would share some recommended books to read and so will I. We become friends lately. By the way, she got married last year and now having a male baby named Kim Chiyeol. The baby was so pretty and she promised me to bring him tomorrow for a shopping together.

 

While scrolling down my inbox, I found an email from Park MinHwan and School Administration Office. Right. I used to study here in Korea. I almost forgot that. Park Minhwan informed me that he has been accepted at Oxford for his Magister Degree and he left exactly when I arrived in Korea. I quickly reply his email, saying congratulations and wish him the best luck there. School Administration Office emailed me to finish some documents in school since it’s already about the time I returned to Korea.

 

New Email Arrived (1).

Kim Jungah.

“Who the heck Kim Jungah?”

I heard from Park Minhwan that you will arrive in Korea today. Welcome back to Korea by the way. Come to library if you have some time. Let’s have some coffee together.

 

“Ah… Mrs. Kim from the library.”

 

Right.

 

I left her the brown envelope years ago and I knew she delivered the envelope well to whom it belongs to. A year ago in winter Seil sent me an airport picture of him holding the book I gave him. That was one reason why my book sold pretty well. Just because of Sehun. It’s a lie if I say I didn’t googled his name, checked his concert schedule, or keeping update with his instagram posts. But in some point, I realized that he was one of million reasons why I moved to States so I told myself to work my off in school as well as in workplace. At the end I have no time to even think about him, not that much.

 

Two years passed just like that and the first time I really wished I won’t see once I arrived in Korea appeared in front of my eyes. Him. Sehun. Oh Sehun, looked so gorgeous in a simple white tee and denim, featuring sunglasses. The only accessories he wore was a green-red bracelet made from shoelaces he took from me years ago.

 

 

flashback.

December 2014.

Seoul.

“What are you making, sunbae?”

“Bracelet.”

“From your shoelaces?”

“I threw away my green sneakers because it worn out. But the shoelaces was fine so I keep it.”

“Green and red? Like in Christmas?”

“It’s almost Christmas anyway.”

“You can make bracelet from those things? Unbelievable.”

“All I need is to braid this. Every girl knows how to braid. You guys will never know.”

“No, no, I don’t mean like that. I mean you make bracelet from shoelaces?”

“I always do this since I was little anyway.”

“After you make that night lamp from a freaking pickle jar?”

“Ah, right. I made it. It was easy. And I love it a lot. I always sleep well when I turn on that night lamp.”

“You can turn any kind of trash into something, can’t you?”

“It’s not literally trash, human. It’s useable things.”

He shut his mouth up while keep munching potato chip he stole from my fridge, continuing to murmuring how I like to make any trash into pretty things.

“It’s done.” I said. Then I take his left hand and put the bracelet in it.

“What are you doing?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter